Anyone know any generic foods that are better than the brand they're actually based off of?

Anyone know any generic foods that are better than the brand they're actually based off of?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_to_Wellville_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Count Chocula used to be good until a couple years ago when it started tasting like raw uncooked corn to me. Malt O Meal makes Chocolate Marshmallow Mateys which are the exact thing except they taste like Count Chocula USED TO taste and they're way cheaper. And I can get them year round.

I usually have to mix a bowl of half plain generic Cheerios with half Marshmallow Mateys since otherwise its way too chocolatey. Actual Count Chocula is just tasteless now.

Don't know if it still holds to be true, since I haven't worked there in a decade, but Target brand generics are made by their respective name brand. So they're better because they're cheaper.

off brand potato chips are usually less greasy therefore better than lays

Almost all of Kroger brand stuff

Aside from obvious things that are equal or very near equal like basic ingredients (sugar/salt/etc).

I enjoy the Kroger brand rising crust pizza vs similar name brands. Same goes for their frozen chicken strips vs Tyson/purdue brands. Knorr is a very cheap Mexican brand of bullion that I find better than most brands that are much more expensive. A full package is only like 55 cents vs 2 or more dollars for others.

Meijer used to have a decent cherry soda that I enjoyed right on par with coke/pepsi but Ive cut back on soda in the last few years.

Meats are hit and miss, Kroger sometimes has decent cuts of meat but I tend to go to local shops here.

There are probably plenty of good examples, but most will just be individual tastes.

Great Value pop-tarts tend to be way better than the name brand. I mean taste-wise they're on par with each other(different styles of flavors but equally good IMO), but the Great Value ones are bigger.

Im pretty sure I saw a piece on generic foods that said that alot of times they are the same even straight up made in the same factory and just packaged differently

I was actually surprised how good their stuff is, even their low-tier brands. I was also surprised at how many brands they actually own.

/shilling

I really like Walmart frozen veggies.

publix pizzas

Anything from Aldi

>Bremer
>better

The best value is probably their lime tortilla chips which are a dollar a bag compared to 3.5-4 dollars for Tostitos. Honestly feel kind of bad for anyone that doesn't have a Kroger/frys equivalent in their town

>Walgreens NICE Oreo's are identical to regular Oreo's for like half the price

their chips ahoys suck though so don't get those

In this particular case, there's no real difference other than quality control.

Store oats have more fines at the bottom, probably due to relatively lenient quality control.

I always look forward to the oat flour at the bottom. It makes almost like an oatmeal pudding.

How about store brands that are noticeably shittier. Surely they're worthy of attention.

Believe it or not, Grapenuts actually can taste worse.

>Grape Nuts
>There's no grapes in it
>There's no nuts either

These are better than Ben & Jerrys imo

Also much cheaper

C.W. Post formed a cereal company a few years after having a psychotic breakdown and was convinced that baking wheat and barley produced "grape sugar"

Damn straight nigga. There's a few classics that the Kroger brand can't top but I still save a ton of money on the basics. Like Kroger brand cocoa powder is half the price of the other offerings and Kroger's private selection stuff saves me money on sauces and spices.

This

There's something off about your logic.
I think you're a retard.

Shit nigger, they're not the biggest US chain for nothing; they own it all my man.

eating icecream is for manchildren and women.

Ice cream is delicious and if that makes me a manchild then so be it

cuck

i dont know if hes right, but thats not uncommon.

generics will often be made by the same companies that make the name-brand foods. costco does that shit all the time. the funniest thing was their peanut butter, iirc. i dont remember what company made it but it ended up being of higher quality than the name brands. so the store brand peanut butter at costco is the most expensive.

anything Presidents Choice is better than the original. Canadian here.

It's weird to me that people still eat breakfast cereals. Those cultists were all quacks obsessed with eating like farm animals, making big poops, and giving each other enemas. Generations later their descendants are stupid, fat cows who shart in walmart.

WRONG

Applies to everything BUT their cereal. Gross shit.

>President's Choice
>Canada has a Prime Minister

Really makes you think

These are Oreo O's.
It's literally the same fucking cereal by the same fucking manufacturer, without the Oreo branding.

also no name / sans nom is amazing

faggot

nigger lover

ass muncher

Their cookies suck, I like the chocolate though.

private selection pizza is the shit

Their Ranch, All dressed chips and Kraft dinner is the bomb.

When KD switched to thin shitty noodles, President's Choice bought up all their proper thicc noodles for their store brand mac and cheese

Sadly they've run out and they're stuck with the thin shitty noodles here on the left, too.

President of Loblaw's, the grocery store company.

>nigger lover

Ouch, you sure showed him! Damn, what a great 19th century slur on his character. What's next? Pistols at 20 feet with seconds in attendance?

discount fruity pebbles and frosted flakes, no matter what off brand they are

the legit ones taste like fucking plastic now

i used to eat this everyday when i was more obese

I just came back from Aldi with 3 blocks of chocolate. I'm gonna get fat(ter)

gb2reddit

I recently discovered that Kroger soy sauce is awful, while Walmart soy sauce is better than most name brand stuff. Other than that, the Kroger brand stuff and the "Psst" stuff is usually damn good quality.

yeah how dare he use a bad nono word that i think belongs to some arbitrary point in the past

daddy ray's are better than fig newtons and are a lot cheaper.

Toast 'Ems are far superior to Pop Tarts.

cake boy

autist

Wut

Can confirm

Only downside is no variation with marshmallow bits though.

The Malt-O-Meal frosted shredded wheat cereal is great.

He's referring to the early "healthy eating" movement that the Kellogg family founded. There was a movie loosely related to the story, called "The Road to Wellville".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_to_Wellville_(film)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

Kellogg was also the one who popularized circumcision in the U.S. He tried to popularize clitoridectomies (better known as "female genital mutilation") as well. He was a religious nutcase who was obsessed with masturbation, or more specifically, the prevention of masturbation.

The high-carbohydrate cereal diet was meant to leave people with too little energy to masturbate.

Note, John Harvey Kellogg was the brother of the guy who is credited as having founded the cereal company, but he was involved with it (and owned a significant chunk of the company) also.

Richard Simmons

Who the fuck eats these? They taste like dingleberries and Rosie O'Donalds's crotch rot.

this man, no name chips are way fucking better than the name brand.

Ruffles brand has gone down hill lately. The bags barely have any flavoring, they taste like regular. The cheap brands are much better.

For all my Canadian niggas out there, No Name's brand of hot chocolate beats the shit out of the name brands.

much better name too