Is he the greatest modern day philosopher?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rItm9j4vg_Q
youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thats not nick land

thats not Hideo Kojima

>all these nonames

he's a secret jew

like most great philosphers

He's a pretty smart guy and i agree with him to some extent. Only watched his Trump videos though. What are some videos he talks about real philosophy?

He's a salesman selling you a product.

This, Nicky is our guy.

He basically only talked about philosophy history and psychology until recently when he started doing Trump and political videos.

Pretty much all his material from before 2010 was all philosphy or what he deemed directly related such as psychology history and some art

He wrote books as well, about anarchism and apparently a supposed proof of objective ethics

>a supposed proof of objective ethics
What is it with these guys today?

This guy is a complete retard.

Or a next level shitposter.

not an argument

Not to mention a complete fraud and a pseudointellectual.

Go back to 2006 videos when he just cruises around and talks. Mega comfy.
Not an argument

lit/ shares the same thoughts as most of him, and other virtual intellectual figures, like Harris, but with Stefbot they don't name drop him because it's embarrassing.

why would they be embarrassed, are they cucks

Well, I just never hear any of these redpilled anons or Austrian school anons talk about him or post his videos. That's all. I think they suspect he's a fraud but feel if they name drop Von Hayek or Von Mises instead of him then everything will be fine.

So they name drop more fancy academic people so people dont question them?

C U C K S

>History B.A.
>two published papers
>less than 20 citations
>/pol/ meme

I doubt it.

>they don't name drop him because it's embarrassing
They don't name drop him because he doesn't write anything mostly. And the most notable thing he did write, UPB, which is basically just about moral game theory, has nothing to do with any of his videos which are pro-moral authority

>muh academic credibility

Femanized credentialist fag detected

any serious thinker will make ripples in academia
molyneux is a meme

This dude seems like a psycho, and his videos on putin are fucking conspiracy theory crap.

>le not serious
Not an argument, academia has no incentive to contribute to real life, its a bubble of effeminate faggots.

Ever since the 1960s higher education has been basically worthless.

>Not an argument
Most definitely an argument, specially when OP's assertion is so hyperbolic. He's a meme

>Ever since the 1960s higher education has been basically worthless
wow you really made me think

This wasn't a serious reply, any serious post would make a ripple in my favorite community

Your reply is a meme

>this is how stupid you are

>OP's assertion
It was a question. You are literally retarded and dont understand the basics of language

That's not an impressive record. My teachers at community college often have several published papers or books they've written.

>he doesn't write anything
So he's like Socrates then? Or Jesus.

False analogy. You should know what fallacies are since you like to spout "not an argument xD" so often

OP is clearly implying he actually is the greatest modern day philosopher

>Ever since the 1960s higher education has been basically worthless.
So I guess we look YouTube to produce the geniuses of our society.

>False analogy.
Your original comment implied that credentialist crap from the current academia is the best measure philosophical greatness, which is incorrect and absurd.

>OP is clearly implying he actually is the greatest modern day philosopher
No, I was asking a question.

Yes, a more free environment like the internet is more attractive to talented and original people than the restrictive feminized credential obsessed PC shithole of modern academia

>implying an intelligent person with great value to bring to the world would waste getting a 8 year PHD from a college that pushes cultural marxis propoganda

>Your original comment implied that credentialist crap from the current academia is the best measure philosophical greatness, which is incorrect and absurd.
No, it implied that there's no way the greatest modern day philosopher wouldn't be talked about in academia, which is true. His fame comes from a cult of personality, not actual credentials. Has he even written anything of worth?

>No, I was asking a question.
Okay. Even then, if your question was sincere and not ironic shitposting, you had to be implying that the assertion "Molyneux is the greatest modern day philosopher" is somehow tenable.

>all these /pol/ buzzwords and alt-right ideology

Molyneux is a meme and his disciples are bored teenagers

>alt-right hack
>the greatest philosopher of our time
No, I don't think so. Even pic related is a better philosopher.

No

>there's no way the greatest modern day philosopher wouldn't be talked about in academia
How so?

>His fame comes from a cult of personality
His personality is nothing special

>not actual credentials.
A modern day college PHD and citations and publications are meaningless garbage

>all these non-arguments

Cuck detected, let me guess you're also in academia right?

>hack

Not an argument buddy

Teach me how to argument pls.

No, Searle is.

faggot

Im glad you asked

youtube.com/watch?v=rItm9j4vg_Q

>they think Stefan is a better philosopher then me

Literally who?

>what is an argument?
>44:04

guess I have a lot to learn

Heh, and thats just the intro

Good luck, kid

Nick Bostrom's a pretty smart man. A handsome one too, bonus points.

youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos/

Unlikely

I don't think so. He's just cozy because he talks about redpill stuff in a kind of a polished way that makes you feel better about hating degeneracy. He's a good talking head figure for the alt-right but he doesn't seem to have anything deep or substantial to say himself. I'd put him in charge of the propaganda/media department.

>encourages his fans to dissociate with all their family members (aka "deFOO") because having a biological family contradicts the anarcho-capitalist non-aggression principle by being involuntary

The autism is off the scale

haha... what the hell

>pseudointellectual

He one of the few people who really warrant the term. He is completely unwilling to retract any arguments he makes if someone points out any flaws in them and makes no attempt to pre-empt the idea that he might be wrong in any way. He has no ideas or theories that are more sophisticated than anything someone might come up with after a few hits of a bong. He isn't strictly wrong, but where he is right there is so little substance to his ideas that there are no reasons for them to be published.

>he hasn't defooed

WHY U SPANK KIDS!!!!!

you shouldn't damage your property, that's just stupid

>My teachers at community college

>Nick Bostrom's a pretty smart man. A handsome one too
Understatement, he makes me feel bad about existing

>Author of over 200 publications
>He holds a B.A. in philosophy, mathematics, logic and artificial intelligence from the University of Gothenburg and master's degrees in philosophy and physics, and computational neuroscience from Stockholm University and King's College London, respectively. During his time at Stockholm University, he researched the relationship between language and reality by studying the analytic philosopher W. V. Quine.[13] In 2000, he was awarded a PhD in philosophy from the London School of Economics.

>He's just cozy because he talks about redpill stuff in a kind of a polished way that makes you feel better about hating degeneracy.
So you like him because he confirms your biases?

Not judging, a lot of people do it. Myself included sometimes but it's not to his credit as a """""philosopher""""""""

How many fuckin degrees do you need

NO!

Bostrom made me optimistic about the future by convincing me AI will wreck us all and end human history.

>obscurantism

>"Anarcho"-capitalism

>videos are better than literature
>all academia is effeminate
Bet your the kind of fag that thinks free speech is dead because no one listens to your conspiracy theories.

>you cant put literature on the internet
>an institution of political correction and filled with women isnt effeminate
Conformed idiot

This needs to be a real movie.

Nice, fresh memes

>Before /pol/ and After /pol/

Pretty much. And he articulates them and invites guests onto his show to discuss them. That's why I said that he's more of a talking head/pundit type rather than a philosopher. He doesn't really need to have big ideas of his own.

I like listening to him because he has conversations with guests who are too controversial or fringe for MSM. I don't think he's very substantial and his whole weird family-raising shit seems extra-weird and culty. However, the fact that he is as popular as he is says something.

I don't know. I'm just a cat enjoying the pizza smell.

>whole weird family-raising shit seems extra-weird and culty.
Like what? people just say this with absolutly no evidence

He says that people can leave there family and if they were abused that might be the right thing to do

>Is x qualitatively good?
>Expects arguments in favor of subjective preferences

>greatness
>subjective

uneducated pleb

Meh, okay. I don't have a file full of evidence, just stuff that I've read on Wikipedia. It doesn't interest me all that much, but it doesn't make me think more highly of him, either. I'd prefer if my would-be gurus who I otherwise like don't have weird sections on their Wikipedia page about lawsuits and investigative documentaries. Is that crazy? All I want is a nice wholesome philosopher king to help me enjoy the red pill.

Anyways, it's clear that he's now all about MAGA and that stuff, so it doesn't really matter. That's the part that I actually want to hear about.

>muh academic credibility
>Ever since the 1960s higher education has been basically worthless.
>uneducated pleb

>I want a red pilled philosopher king
>I want him to be not controversial

??? Are you a naive idiot or something, do you honestly know any redpilled public person who hasnt been terribly slandered??

The lies about Molymeme are like the lies about Trump.

He told people that relationships are voluntary and if you try to fix your relationship with your parents but can't it might be a good idea to leave, thats it.

That was turned into "Wierd internet philosophy guy brainwashes children into abandoning their family"

Repeating the slanderous bullshit that targets people you consider "red pilled" is being a useful idiot to your enemies.

The fact that I see the modern academic institutions as rent seeking and cultural marxist pushing credentialist institutions is a testament to my educated patritianess

Not riding the /pol/ but I hate it when people think hating Trump is some huge intellectual stand and needs a 15 minute blog. Trump is made to be hated, he is a hate pinata, its the easiest thing to be a hater of Trump.

It takes actual intellectual rigor to actually find out why Hillary is/would be too terrible to vote for over the revolutionary clown.

It also takes a lot more brainpower to find ways to support Trump, its really obvious hes a bad guy.

I've been trying to think of a way to disagree with with this post, but I actually can't. So there you go, user. You stumped me.

>not sitting back and shitposting on Veeky Forums while passively listening to some pseud who confirms all your biases

user step into the 21st century along with the rest of us, would you please

>It takes actual intellectual rigor to actually find out why Hillary is/would be too terrible to vote for over the revolutionary clown
turn on television or be online

>It also takes a lot more brainpower to find ways to support Trump
>its really obvious hes a bad guy
just reread this part user

>youtube videos of bald middle aged men complaining about stuff is now literature
You wish it was that easy.
>women shouldn't be in academia
Okay Muhammad slow down.
>every thing is overly pc
Its really not. You would know if you actually did some research instead of watching videos all day.

very nice comment, yes!

my sides

>completely mischaracterizing everything I said

Typical

Why is using a persons correct pronoun so hard for him? He literally sounds like Hitler i his speech.

I don't really understand that. There are black, brown and gray squirrels all over this fucking city. Maybe it's because I live in the Midwest.

Or maybe it's the Jews.

JUST
Oh god. Poor guy.

I avoid namedropping but do use some of his arguments and enjoy him. Mostly because if I do mention him and the person I'm talking to googles him they'll think like this guy: The most common possibility is that they don't know him.

I remember this conversation I had with some anarcho-capitalist (I lean towards libertarian) and he dismissed an argument on Molyneux because "he's a joke" people also use this to dismiss the person mentioning Molyneux.

I mean if you like Zizek you must be retarded. Even if you're lefty at least go with Chomsky or someone who isn't a charlatan.

JUST

Only real answer

Chomsky is a gatekeeper though, even if he is not nearly as bad as Jeejeck

Do you believe in objective reality?