Why do people flip their shit over this stuff...

Why do people flip their shit over this stuff? What's so damn different about Himalayan salt that makes it better than regular old table or rock salt?

memes

>why do pretentious people love exotic sounding ingredients
I dunno lol

Looks GOAT for sprinkling on a dish though. Big and chunky.

Figured it was just a shitty meme-seasoning.

I tried some the other day and, surprise surprise, it tasted like salt.

I can buy a 5 pound bag of the stuff for $15, or I can opt for table salt and get a 20 pound bag for about the same price.

Also why do they need to state that it's pesticide free? What kind of hell-insect feasts purely on rock salt? Or is there some sort of shady underground salt mine that keeps prices low by cutting their product with DEET?

Because it looks cool to them. It tastes like shit to me. It tastes like rust and sulfur because that's what makes it pink.

Protip: never season soups or stews with it. You'll end up with a red brick-like sludge of crunchy insoluble minerals at the bottom of the pot.

But what is fine ground pink salt?

It's a meme for people with too much money and too little sense

> doesn't use a finishing salt
> never going to make it

You don't need anything other than good ol' Kosher salt. That's my cooking and table salt, both. Why spend 20 times as much for something you're too stupid to use correctly?

I don't get what you mean. It's all mined as large rocks, then crushed and graded to various sizes. The non-salt contaminants–notably iron –vary in composition and percentage. Purer rock salts and different sea salts really do taste better. This salt's main appeal is just that it looks cool. People like to feel like their pink salt is exotic.

What makes kosher salt kosher? Is it just a name or are Jews physically incapable of eating normal salt?

I'd use kosher salt but I'm not Jewish.

eh for only 5lbs? i'll take the mountain crap. looks cool and is bigger

It's used for koshering you moron

When people say "kosher salt" they mean rock salt. All salt is kosher. I don't know where this came from and I'm too lazy to look it up. Koshering salt is a distinct product. It's that powdered, granulated salt you often see on soft pretzels. It's used to draw blood out of butchered meat.

I just thought Jews were naturally allergic to regular salt, like vampires or demons are.

It's also gluten free and was raised without hormones.

Pretty much. They prefer to get their electrolytes from the blood of goyish babies.

Jews just call it salt. Still too lazy to look up why "kosher salt" became a synonym for rock salt.

Oh come on. I'm not a jew and even I know blood's not kosher.

Goy blood is.

I have some, the pretentiousness makes it taste saltier

I prefer to just keep the Himalayan salt for display purposes and use the tears of the poorfags that know I have it to actually salt food.