Is bullying a groupthink tool that evolved with animals to promote conformity...

Is bullying a groupthink tool that evolved with animals to promote conformity? It's a phenomenon that lives and breeds with people until they're taught that it's wrong. All over the world, children and adults engage in this behavior, so this can't be a result of enviromental causes. This is straight up built into our genepool.

So my idea is.. Did this behavior contribute to the development of civilization? Is the current trend evolving towards the idea that if everyone is on the same team, society and life will function a lot better?
Is bullying a subphenomenon of natural selection? can they make a spectrum type of chart that maps any behavior from mild peer pressure to tortureous bullying?

Is cruelty and amoral group behavior towards eccentric and socially inept people actually advancing humanity? Scientists believe that autistic people thrived in the times where homo sapiens was still at the primitive hunter gatherer stage, because where they lacked the skills in communication they made up for it in survival skills and they would live and roam by themselves because they didn't need the security net that came with tribes and shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_(biology)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Scientists believe that autistic people thrived in the times where homo sapiens was still at the primitive hunter gatherer stage, because where they lacked the skills in communication they made up for it in survival skills and they would live and roam by themselves because they didn't need the security net that came with tribes and shit.
Sure they do, retard.

>triggered the little weak subperson that uses his spectrum placement as an excuse for his underdeveloped social skills.

Bullying is an authoritarian trait. Authoritarians are more aggressive but also more fearful.

What I think you are describing is Punishment. I am a huge advocate of Punishment. Punishment is necessary to deter Cheaters ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_(biology) ).

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating
cheating in the regard that I've always viewed it is definitely something that has to be perceived negatively by society as a whole, but can be used without consequence every once in a while.

If everyone did it all the time, nothing would work. But if everyone only does it once in a while it's fair enough.

oh and also, punishment is not an effective deterrent. The people that wind up getting punished are usually people that have a harder time realizing the consequences of their negative behavior.

Fair enough if you have a serial rapist and murderer or whatever, dictator or something. But punishment means little to a person that has antisocial tendencies and comes from a bad home.

Bullying is just a method to climb the social ladder and evolved as such. In order to gain status in your group you have to push someone else down, not everyone can be the best. So people bully in order to keep others under them.

That's basically what it is, which is why you see it more in settings which are more competitive.

Bullying exists within a lot of social shit. Alpha wolfs and and the rest of the pack bullying the lowest born.

It's an evolutionary response to nonconformity and disrespect for the chain of command.

tru
Both of you kys

alpha wolfs don't exist, all packs are just breeding pairs and their children, sometimes larger packs form when the children of the breeding pair get mates but stay with their parents.

there will always be a balance of power and intimidation within any social animal's pack. Genetically we get intimidated by bodytypes and how aggressively/dominating a person presents themselves. It's the same reflex that makes women attracted to men of intimidating stature.

Get real bra

I am no bullying expert, but isn't bullying mostly something that happens in schools? it's probably simply a way for kids to vent the frustrations of having to go to school, a bit like people who have to go in jail act.

Bullying happens all over. Grown people get bullied at their workplace, people get bullied by strangers on the street. Some people are just born in a way that attracts negative attention to them.

Gender may also be a mechanism of evolutionary selection, an example is when you have a male with a weak trait, or female with a weak trait, the others of the gender discriminate resulting in much lesser chance of reproduction, it seems to me members of a gender specific to local culture use peer pressure to elevate certain individuals, much of unconscious society has some level of control

I guess you've never seen a group of random dogs interact

>Random

There you go

>bullied by strangers on the street

How does this work?

Thats not a point you know

When multiple dogs are together there is a dominate one, which is the alpha, it's the same with wolves and a lot of animals. Look at monkies for example.

It doesn't matter if one is the parent or not, the strongest/most agressive becomes the alpha, that's the point.

And I'm saying this not only from reasearch but also from experience having dogs that have had pups that then sometimes grow up to dominate their parents.

Out of curiosity, When's the last time you left the house?

Sorry, i've never seen such a thing in public, perhaps you are overpraising like an autuist.

>Look at monkies for example.

Primates differ from wolves in Hierarchical Structure, even though they are both Mammals, you cannot compare the two, once more you cannot apply it to Humans to the same extent.

>strongest/most agressive
Once again you are applying that Theology to a completely different species which are ten fold more dynamic then Wolves on top of being biologically different

And once more Zoologists are actually starting to backpedal on the Alpha/Beta Theology because like this wolf packs actually tend to be more of a Nuclear Family structure with a breeding pair where as you mentioned about your pups, have a linage. Does this prove it doesn't exist? No, perhaps it's just a natural order that emerges during times of dire straits, maybe in nature if something came to where random wolves are forced together it usually means that something has gone awfully wrong. This is actually how the Alpha/Beta theology came to be, the man who came up with it was studying Wolves randomly picked and thrown in a cage instead of observing them in their natural Habitat.

TL;DR: Stop comparing Humans to Wolves

Not comparing humans to wolves you mongoloid. I'm simply saying that the phenomenon of bullying exists withing other mammals as well.
It's obviously hasn't evolved out of our species and seems to remain in the proto software in every humans brain, so naturally it serves a purpose otherwise it wouldn't have made it in the cutthroat world of natural selection, you dig?

Ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand. It MUST be noted AND mentioned or the ignorant two-legged snot eaters will continue to eat their snot. Most cell-phone addicts are ignorant snot eaters: but almost all crap noise music addicts eat their own snot since they don't have to hear themselves eat their nasal mucous and contaminants from the air.

I imagine a connection can be made between snot eaters and stomach flu, influenza, disease, etc. It's only natural that dirty people would get sick more often. Today I rode on the bus with a bunch of two-legged animals that were enjoying a giant snot fest between them. I think they were trying to outdo each other seeing who could eat the most snot and make the most noise doing it. I live in a world mostly full of dirty animals.