What technology do you wish to see happen in your lifetime?

What technology do you wish to see happen in your lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

nanotechweb.org/cws/article/tech/66952
ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/imd/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that interstellar light sail thing

EMDrive proven correct

Printable solar, large-scale CCS and fully realised genetic engineering (CRISPR stuff)

sex robots

Small mobile phones with buttons and replaceable batteries.

Something to help us fight diseases.

tailored stem cell injections for adults to regrow teeth
molecular data storage
photon driven computation
better mesh networking for service providerless communication

underrated

- fusion power (not that it will matter since most states will remain on natural gas)
- USA made smartphones
- directed nuclear weapons, the size of a shotgun shell (would be used either as an anti-armor weapon, or as a directed energy weapon against drones/electronics)
- organ cloning

-Biological immortality for the general populace.
-Space elevators.
-Automated space shipyards.
-Automated asteroid mining.
-Colony ships for space exploration.

Then we could send as much as 186.7 million people to other worlds each year and stabilize the world population. We could be sending 18,670 ships a year, each filled with 10,000 people, out into the void for exploring and colonizing. In 54 years, we'd have sent a little over 1 million colony ships carrying over 10 billion people.

Time travel

I'll make it happen.
You don't need to know what, plebaian.

you're my hero

Self driving cars
Holographic TVs
And some significant space exploration

That's probably asking too much though.

Quantum Machine Cameras.
Nanotecnology on daily life.
Robotics.
Nuclear Fusion (buuuuut 50 year away, ever)
Quantum Computer

>Quantum Machine Cameras.
Elaborate?

A cure to autism.

Well, by 2090
>biological immortality
>memory brain augmentations
>full automatization of labour
>quantum-normal hybrid processors
>light-based computing
>low AI
>sustainable development (i.e. full recycling+fusion+basic asteroid mining)
>computer-brain interface VR (+ lentation)
>miniaturized fusion
>overcoming the terahertz gap
>finishing the theory of everything
>finding other universe hax like the emdrive and the time crystals

>50 years away
With the EU blowing billions in ITER and Lockheed's compact fusion, I'd say more like 30 until it reaches AEP-level of operability and 50 until it takes over most of the energy production.

A camera that takes the information of the photons, has a resolution of gigapixeles or terapixeles, would be much better than the human eyes , the complexity of handling nanotechnology and quantum physics, makes this to 70 or 100 years for its creation.

Something like Aharonov-Bohm ring, to be able to take the information of the photons.

nanotechweb.org/cws/article/tech/66952

I want to be a robot

With sexbots on the way and their inevitable evolution into extremely lifelike androids, wouldn't shoving someone's brain and spinal cord into them and hooking up life support systems be easier than trying to fight the aging process of an entire human body?

And if you were a robot, you'd say 'I wish I was a human'. Gosh user you're such a shmoozer.

No, I actually want to be a robot, humans are gross.

None since we have already hit the pinnacle of technology, "technologies in development" are just autistic memes.

Molecular nanotechnology
universal constructors

wowowowow calm down kid, its not like you gonna live 500 years

An actual new engine from bethesda

I want to touch it

I am expecting at least 1 low orbital space trip and 1 half-baked general AI.

Household robots would be nice, but I don't know if I have much faith in them coming true before I die.

>stem cell injections for adults to regrow teeth
>reads small letters
>"might cause jaw cancer"
sure

smart rocks

what a hopeful future

Most /x/ post ITT.

Then get a force feedback rig and run interactive molecular dynamics
ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/imd/

Something to disprove the existence of a god.

>inb4 *tips*

Religion is the source of so many problems in our world. If we are all one in religion, we are one in ultimate goals. The number of people working to decipher the mysteries of the universe will grow tenfold. The massacres and hatred caused by religion will disappear. We'll start caring for the earth more as we learn more about it, (climate change, alternative energy, etc). It'll be as close to utopian as human nature and necessities allow.

>implying atheism isn't worse than religion

kek

Household robot slave/sexbot... Clean my house, cook, maintain the residence, home security, serve me sexually. A slave... programmed to serve and obey.

Half life 3

Atheism doesn't necessarily mean tyranny.

Ideally, most countries will be capitalist and integrated in an even more global economy

>Mass effect 3 ending
Wheres my trigger warning

>cherry picking: the post

I'm 33 - will I live long enough to see artificial super intelligence destroy us all?

I want to give a more respectable answer, but I think we all know that this is the true answer.

Wasted pick, time travel would not have to be developed in your lifetime to be potentially available to you.

Time doesn't even exist, let alone time travel.

Inner engineering.

All of it. More specifically:

Biological or mechanical immortality for individuals making more than 120000$ a year.

Anime Sexbots with simulated intelligence.

Asteroid Mining for resources in space and earth.

I agree, but keep your weeb pics on /a/

>Time does not exist

Prove it by having replied to this post previously to my writing it.

A thing to eat radiation and spit out water. Another thing to eat toxic chemicals and spit out broccoli.

If I had a pound of toxic radioactive waste (regular variety) and I turned it into broccoli at 100% efficiency, would I have more than a pound of broccoli? (Seems so much energy in a pound of waste compared with broccoli.)

Hentai in VR, in combination with sexbots

And 99% of them would die

Advanced general intelligence
Space trips to mars for cheap

Worth it to make first contact

If the planet is uninhabitable, the spaceships could be made to double as long term, self sufficient space colonies that could use the star of whatever system they're sent to for sunlight, like O'niell cylinders that have a fuckton of thrusters wielded to them.

Mammoth clones

Homo erects and Neanderthal clones would be nice too.

1% of 10 billion is 100,000,000 people. That means 10,000 ships survived. Meaning we colonize 10,000 other planets. Meaning even if 1% of those planets are successfully colonized there'd still be 100 planets.

100 planets that could possibly hold another 10 billion humans each. As in real estate for 1,000,000,000,000 (1 trillion) humans.

Well, well worth the effort and cost of life even if only 0.0001% made it (1 ship).

Immortality. I want to see immortality available in my lifetime.

Or...maybe not immortality. Maybe just something similar.
>anti aging
>cryo-chamber
>linking brain to machine
etc

Really all we need is for a decent way to slow aging in our lifetimes and then well live long enough for the other stuff

Human here, can confirm.

Artificial wombs or legal, effective human cloning.

cryogenics

So I can see what the world will be like several life times from now.

Moon bases and mars colony

>all those fedoraists desperately hoping for immortality
>thinking the shepherds will let them have it if it's even possible

hahaha