In this ITT thread: hardest books to understand

In this ITT thread: hardest books to understand

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RH2BD49sEZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New Sun wasn't particularly hard, Wolfe makes his point clear.

It was convoluted until the end due the the narration style

It was confusing at times and needed piecing together, not convoluted.

TELL ME ABOUT SEVERIAN, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

at least inaccessible books are still fun to read, well not this one

15th century Le Morte D'Arthur has been the hardest for me.

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane?

finished hegel's phenomenology and its definitely the hardest but largely intelligible work ive ever read. seeing it all come together in the "preface" has been really rewarding.

i "made it" through derrida's difference and repetition but it was largely over my head. there were the occasional aha moments but im pretty sure i still misunderstood.

I don't actually think it's the hardest but Riddley Walker

Every book I've ever read
I've read 4 fro. Start to finish.
>The Martian
>The long walk
>It
>The road

You've only read four books?

Yeah, I'm currently reading the amazingly written master piece, the Di Vinci Code

I chuckled

In all seriousness, I had a high school gf back in I guess 08-09ish that talked me into reading that, as if Dan Brown was some masterpiece author. It was I think the most disappointing book I've ever read.

Although, in a way it was a somewhat hard book to understand for the simple reason that Dan Brown can't write

In all seriousness I lost count of how many books I've read. the book is an over hyped piece of shit meme. My grandfather was telling me I'd like it because conspiracy. I was excited at first, then became angry I wasted a couple days of my life

Don Quixote

My dairy, to be honest desu

Le temps retrouvé

It was a puzzle, sure, but you should have a pretty clear idea of what's going on by the end of the fourth book.

Well sure. I'm not saying that was a bad thing; in fact, I really enjoyed how much work you had to put into it.

>Jay Are

what did you think of The Martian?

I actually thought it was good for the dudes first book. Had a few laughs here and there. I thought I was interesting to see how the watney was able to survive on Mars for such a long time. I never knew you could live on potatos

lol

>I never knew you could live on potatos
:///

Agreed. Its one of those books where you get more out of it the more you put into it.

>I never knew you could live on potatos
Shit, the Irish were right.

>`Once upon a time there were three little sisters,’ the Dormouse began in a great hurry; `and their names were Elsie, Lacie, and Tillie; and they lived at the bottom of a well–‘

>`What did they live on?’ said Alice, who always took a great interest in questions of eating and drinking.

>`They lived on treacle,’ said the Dormouse, after thinking a minute or two.

>`They couldn’t have done that, you know,’ Alice gently remarked; `they’d have been ill.’

>`So they were,’ said the Dormouse; `VERY ill.’

^ pretty much "the martian" story outlined

Did you even read it?

aren't we getting a new movie?

certainly

>Riddley Walker
I honestly couldnt even finish it, didnt seem worth the amount of focussed required to understand anything

I loved IT. My favorite passages are the interludes written by Mike Hanlan.

I have to read every page four times over in the Recognitions whike taking notes in order to understand what the fuck is being said.

I fucking hope not

I had a two false starts with it, but now it's my favorite novel. After I got past the first couple of chapters it felt a lot less difficult.

I haven't read The Long Walk but the other 3 are pretty good. Shame The Martian was adapted into the most Reddit movie of all time.

I challenge Veeky Forums to read the entire 'Biography of the Life of Manuel' and then explain what the fuck Cabbel was thinking.

We are.
youtube.com/watch?v=RH2BD49sEZI

i read these books a long time ago. what the fuck were they evne about again?

space jesus becoming a good person by learning the meaning of suffering

Fuuuuck

something by an eastern writer who never read a single book with a western language translation