Greentext the plot of your new novel

It's not like it's going anywhere

>scientists believe in existence of giant snake monster
>hear reports of attacks in Brazilian rain forest
>they go to investigate
>Brazilian tribe shows them the giant snake monster
>it's a train hauling lumber to be shipped to USA
>lots of anti-capitalist themes and noble savage malarkey
>tl;dr scientists destroy train & crew with spears and blow darts.

I'm writing a stream of conscious genre-defying piece. The plot solely consists of a homosexual one night stand. Thematically it explores contemporary politics, Jungian models of consciousness and the repercussions of the sexual revolution.

How many times are you going to make this? What's your endgame here?

Steal good ideas, laugh at bad ones. Keep qt asian girl in the catalog at all times. I'm okay with this.

A cute Asian girl with an even cuter mug travels the world inspiring people to read Milan Kundera

I'm interested in the ones I receive. I'm not talented enough to write a novel so I'm not interested in stealing plots. Besides only a few of them have been steal-quality

I chuckled

>'man' travels, stealing faces and souls. recycling what makes individuals exist beyond their potential eg actualization
>comes across girl so dull witted, so flat of character, that upon his attempt to rob her of identity, the effect is akin to pouring water into a full pitcher
>girl inadvertently becomes attached to this nameless man-god, follows him around as the embodiment of average (the most dangerous concept)
>eventually, man-god tries to instill personality into her via various traumatic incidents, novel follows his investigation into her existence (or lack thereof) and this all leads to some neverending loop theory of being etc etc

>fuckboy and king follow eachother around and commit heinous violence

This makes no sense. I would never read this book, or see this movie.

What the hell are you trying to say? This is so bad.

And that's all?

>Oberon and the Seelie court pull a prank on the wrong loathsome spirit creature
>they flee to a planet undergoing a karmic change from a world of beasts to a world of humans
>The Japanese rebel Taira no Masakado managed to flee there and built a crappy empire that Oberon takes over
>Spirit creature finds and slowly infiltrates Oberon's court with a plan for eventual slow painful revenge
>Hires exile clans to travel there and fill court positions, promises karma hacks
>Renegade nun and a pirate form a clan to take advantage of the promised karma loophole, adopt a couple of daughters and set out through the underworld
>Story follows one of the daughters as she navigates the multi-layered fairy/human/fox society of the new capital city, trying to find the true nature of her new rulers while trying to make her fake family a real one, and also doing cute things with her friends
>Poetry duels can bring real status or bind losers fairy-tale style
>Promises are literally currency
>various Romantic and Tang poets have cameos as monsters
>Fairies are becoming more human despite themselves, humans becoming more fey
>Story is about how redemption can come to the ugliest of sinners, strength is found in purity, the seasons cannot truly be fought

That shit sounds insane but also good - if you can pull it off. I'd read it, but I'd read it with some apprehension.

My own:
>the fedora empire is hunting down and holocausting all of the old gods so hard that it's broken time and space, and the world exists in a semi-Medieval void where everything is slowly collapsing
>a lone knight errant and his half-god half-sword waifu have erotic and exciting adventures across the world as they chase the remaining gods in search of people to help out along the way

Why are you so rude to people

>>Aliens invade us
>>Everyone try to find/interpret the language they might speak
>>They finally speak
>>This language is strange everybody understands it.
>>It was written in our DNA all the time
>>Who are they, who are we how are we all related.

Semi-joking occult book cowritten with a spirit who has a willingness to indulge roleplay.

that's some eclectic crap from the books that you have recently read, isn't it

also
>Promises are literally currency
that's literally how it works in our world, i personally buy a lot of stuff on my promise with a credit card

>a spooky ghost visits his former lover on her deathbed
>hilarity ensues
There you have it Veeky Forums, a spooky Halloween treat for you to look forward to.

Sounds dull desu imo senpai, though, I'm sure that's simply just because of how you went about describing it.

>born the son of an oxblood brewer
>shudder at the millions of souls in glass apartments linings the walls of the city's cliffs
>become a mid-ranking noble's servant boy
>he's a kind man with no children, lets you inherit
>go to wizard college
>become disillusioned with the instability of the demon-summoning, the usurious generous of wealth at an unknown cost
>try to get into religion, find several disturbing possiblities but none truly acceptable
>fall in love with a slut
>try to whore self out, spend a few nights with a Silverblood nobleman
>drop out in disgust
>go to the court of a minor, weak, song-prince who can't afford any proper wizard
>become his minister
>advance his position
>after a while start claiming the conquests
>give oneself a title from an obscure peasant dialect meaning 'holy'
>begin purges of gypsies, wizards, cthonic cults of the ancient emperors who enslaved your race
>incinerate whole sections of cities of excess population
>attempt to reform culture and customs
>continue conquests
>never marry
>several Song-Princes flee to Silverblood kingdom
>ally against you
>fight a preliminary battle
>attempt to flee in the night
>captured
>but it's the Silverblood noble who fucked your boipucci all those decades ago
>he lets you go
>flee across the sea to Worst Korea since Best Korea won't take you since your race is unholy
>eventually they try to sell you out to one of the Song-Princes who ended your hegemony
>leave your memoirs hidden in the palace library
>flee the city
Finis.

> 20 something goes through existential crisis
> does acid, breaks himself out of simulations grip, realizes he is God's son (basically Christ (
> off all drugs for a few months, battles with doubt, goes into a seemingly major psychotic episode since he has no proof of who he is
> acquires proof that the world isn't what it seems, wrestles with doubt again, while trying to self actualize

And I haven't thought up the rest yet

>alternate universe WWII
>nuclear arms were produced in mass and destroyed much of the Earth
>one of the last peaceful area's on Earth is about to be thrown into a war between America, Russia and Germany
>everyone dies on the battlefield except one soldier from each country
>they each hold up behind cover
>shoot and miss rounds at each other until empty
>the blistering winter cold starts becoming to much as they each sit in silence waiting for each other to make a move
>the German soldier who's aware that they are enemies comes out of cover and throws his weapons down and begins walking toward the American
>American get on defensive with his KA-BAR
>German stops before he gets within a threatening range and speaks crude English
>tells the American we are not surviving this cold alone and offers his hand
>reluctantly the American stands up and makes a cold and hate filled glare at the German
>each without shaking hands or being friendly walk over to the Russian
>Russian doesn't know English or German so they communicate to him through imagery about the cold
>Russian understands what they are trying to tell him
>they tackle the brutal cold together and must make it back to safety and warmth using nothing but crude communication, knives and the will to survive
>throughout the survival they make it clear they fucking hate each other and are not friends and the remainder of there journey stays this way
>they never conflict with each other because they have no energy or time for it
>everytime they find shelter or someplace troops went they were either dead, gone or froze to death because the nature of this war was suicidal
>they eventually begin to starve after running out of rations they found or the lack of wildlife and means to catch it
>eventually after they've lost since of all direction each of them looks at each other with a pale and hopeless set of eyes
>they have absolutely nothing left in them, there will to survive is strong but they simply due to nature cannot go any further
>each of them are so frost bitten and cold they've lost all feeling in every limb and can barely move
>with what little strength the American possess he has the others help him cut 3 small branches from a tree
>he plants them directly in the snow with his knife at the side, places his helmet on top and lays down in the snow and closes his eyes
>the German and Russian follow suit and all die together of bitter cold

That's pretty much the gist of what I have. I know that seems like a mess but I just tried to give an image, I have a lot more to this.

sf

>shit planet that was colonized by earth is trying to bootstrap out of poverty
>its banana republic leadership signed with small company from earth to help
>company rep from earth is protagonist. No experience, drug problems and happy to just get away from earth.
>competitor company is fueling insurgency on planet
>book begins with multiple coups throwing government out of capital city
>protag has to figure out how to get them back in power
>schemes and struggles. A lot of fireworks and set pieces, destroys a shit ton of stuff, they take power again and complete project.
>project is a ship capable of traveling between galaxies, strong AI and basic omnipotence
>competitors also built a ship on the planet, and now the two ship nucleus's are flying toward each other
>protag has chance to shoot down the competitor ship
>his choice depends on if my gf gets an abortion or not... work in progress

The whole premise of these threads is that he wants to shit on your ideas to inflate his ego. What do you think he means by "it's not like it's going anywhere"?

its probably the case that these story ideas are not going anywhere, but negative reinforcement is still reinforcement imho

Love the setting, hate the centrepiece. "Oh by the way two separate companies both chose this shithole to develop groundbreaking and incredibly expensive star travel technology on. Oh yes, and one of the companies is also actively trying to destabilise the planet on which their incredibly expensive project is located."

Utter shit tbph. But the setting is great, the whole colonial intrigue I like. Maybe make the centrepiece a Ghandi-type character? Company that protag is from wants him dead because he's agitating against the govt, protag has chance to end him, and revolutionary sentiments. Rival company funding him and other, more violent, rebels.

If they don't try and fail they'll never learn. You're not helping anyone.

the ship tech is now common, its just companies scrapping the bottom of the barrel of planets to build as many as possible.

Never rly liked Gandhi desu, but do need better foil for degenerate protag...

should stop posting here if they wanna try...

Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense. Still can't imagine why the competitor company would set up shop on the planet while actively inciting rebellion, it's bad for business. Perhaps introduce a third competitor? Also shooting down a ship would make little difference. What's important to the economy and the companies are the shipYARDS, not the ship so much. If everything goes on schedule, I imagine the shipyards would be producing one such ship every few years. This story is starting to sound appealing to me though, if you get some sort of rebel leader foil for the main character (not necessarily Ghandi-esque, although having him be "good" helps set up the protag as conflicted anti-hero), coupled with the politics of three rival companies competing, two with a direct stake in the planet (so there's the possibility of shaky alliances and the like), coupled with the protag having to navigate the incredibly complex business of building and managing a shipyard, I think you might have yourself a good novel.

The planet's gov signed with one company, the competitors want to replace that gov with one that will one work with them.

The ships are made by converting a chunk of the planet's matter to nanobots, then dumping energy into them. The protag does this by dropping an asteroid onto the planet. He also dropped on asteroid on the competitor base, unwittingly helping their ship.

It takes a considerable portion of a planet economy to build these things, and it only takes one to help everyone.

protags main job is to keep the shady, incompetent government in power, project on schedule and rival corp off the planet. Timeline for book is just one week, one day is a chapter. With flashbacks, also single days.

I was thinking of having protag as "own worst enemy" but rebel leader or some sort of powerful figure that is obnoxiously "good" would be tight.

first person perspective
>go to funeral, learn about trading from local merchants
>enter chapel and get dissolved out of existence by blabbering priest and choir boy
>go for a job interviu next day
>different staff member on different floors get way to personal about your interview
>reach home at some point and start recolecting how you got there in the first place

not much to do around here

>that's some eclectic crap from the books that you have recently read, isn't it
It's more inspired by what I've read of Hindu/Buddhist cosmology, really. If you could point out books that have those plot elements I'd be grateful.

>that's literally how it works in our world, i personally buy a lot of stuff on my promise with a credit card
Yeah, I guess I phrased it poorly. Promises are transferable currency. My promise to fix your front door next week can be sold. I'm trying to come up with this booming free-market economy that is also somewhat fey.

>sronk independent black genderfluid womyn
>runs for president
>loses
>blames racism
>wins the Nobel peace prize
>still unsatisfied
>starts a nonprofit organization
>embezzles all the money
>people still applaud zir
>The end

seems like it's going to be bad desu

if you're going to do a satire you should at least think it out a bit

>girl wants to fuck her twin sister
>sister doesn't want to fuck her
>girl rapes and kills twin sister
>girl commits suicide

i'm writing a play about a baby inside the womb having these hallucinations of characters that lived on earth as one thing or another. i'm composing the music for it and doing all the stage and costume design and i'm directing it. so far, it's twice as fun as just writing cause of all i get to put into it. super fun.

How does a woman fulfillingly rape another woman?

Stick your finger in the butt.

>guy gets drafted, and is happy about it
>isn't trying to escape a shitty situation (like poverty or family abuse).
>is not particularly patriotic, or concerned with politics
>he just finds his life extremely dull and wants something new, some excitement, which is why he is happy about the draft.
>before he saw his entire life stretching before him, and had no interest in it. He was extremely depressed and suicidal, and felt that life was little more than a boring game. He hopes that the war will wake him up.

Is this worth writing? It's just a premise, but I'm not sure if this is even a unique type of character worth writing about.

How does that make -you- cum like mad?

There is no unique character. Could be depending on execution.

>only unique characters are worth writing about
Do it. But read Adam Roberts' New Model Army first.

Put a knife to her throat and force her to eat the pussy.

>not cummng from the pure sensation of soft, wet, tight asshole squeezing your fingers
Fucking plebs.

it rather seems you watched a lot of anime and read "the dresden files", i don't recall fairies and foxes in "hindu/buddhist cosmogonies", as well as renegade nuns, pirates and japanese rebels

for promises as a barter currency see "and then there were none" by eric frank russell, which you have likely already read or heard about directly or indirectly

so she did it on the threat of death and then killed her anyway? that's cheating >

You mean it seems like it's fake because it is. I wrote the dumbest shit I could think of just to see how you'd respond. What a half-assed loser you are for not even being able to notice that. No wonder you make these pathetic threads.

>i don't recall fairies and foxes in "hindu/buddhist cosmogonies", as well as renegade nuns, pirates and japanese rebels
Oh, no, but that's all in Heian chronicles. Taira no Masakado was the rebel whose daughter became a sorceress who summoned giant skeletons and whose head flew from his execution place to his home province, Fujiwara no Sumitomo is the noble-turned-pirate who operated around the same time.
>I haven't heard of it so it's anime

you sure got me

your plot sounds as something from anime mixed with the dresden files, you can say w/e but it is not based on historical/legendary accounts:

>>Oberon and the Seelie court pull a prank on the wrong loathsome spirit creature
>>they flee to a planet undergoing a karmic change from a world of beasts to a world of humans
>>The Japanese rebel Taira no Masakado managed to flee there and built a crappy empire that Oberon takes over
>>Spirit creature finds and slowly infiltrates Oberon's court with a plan for eventual slow painful revenge
>>Hires exile clans to travel there and fill court positions, promises karma hacks
>>Renegade nun and a pirate form a clan to take advantage of the promised karma loophole...

Been thinking of something like this for a good month now but I do not know if it's worth it.
>Medieval setting
>Twin princes are the main characters at first but one dies early on.
> Remaining prince of the kingdom is a child prodigy
>Skilled in tactical warfare, and magic.
>Magic inherited by his mother.
>Thought normal self defense, fighting arts, and war strategies by his father.
>Parents of said kingdom rule with an iron fist.
>This has caused many riots and coups over the years.
>Recently a new revolutionary group has appeared and has destroyed military camps around capitol of kingdom.
> Eventually the group gets into capitol and slowly tries to take out important figures until they reach the king and queen.
> Prince is leader of Royal Guard set to protect king and queen.
>Prince eventually meets with the leader of said group and turns out its his "dead" brother.
>Brother can't remember him or his past life.
That is all I've got for now. Thoughts?

Man in the Iron Mask/10. Great artists steal, don't worry about it.

Wouldn't it be better if the child prodigy one "died" and the brother spent the rest of his days trying to live up to the memory of his dead brother, simultaneously idolizing and envying him? And then he meets his brother again, who both doesn't remember him and is superior to him in every way, causing him to feel even more bitter and jealous? Seems like that would generate more conflict

Unless the plot twist is the first brother actually is the other brother, and psyched himself into thinking he died and the other brother lived to cope, as is revealed when the supposed dead brother regains his memories.

Perhaps the could work, however, I wanted to make the brother who was "alive" and the king and queen to be real assholes and give an anti hero look to the "dead" brother and his group of revolutionaries.

>Future where main character lives completely secluded from everyone in a tiny room with only a bed, a computer, a chair, a thermostat, a closet, and a circle hatch on the roof
>No lights, only the backlight from the computer
>Works, plays, interacts, and shops on computer while being hit with targeted advertisements and messages
>Everything is delivered to his room through roof but never thinks to look out hatch
>Has resistance bands within body to keep him in shape
>Has a sex robot that he orders different visual parts for and can mod the robot with his computer (think of video game mods websites)
>Main character thinks the whole world is full of mean people who disagree with him and that going outside would be a mistake
>Power goes out while on computer
>Everything comes back on but there is a black window where someone or something is asking for help

It's part allegory of the cave and part divide and conquer sort of memes

Also if anyone can tell me the name of this type of door that would be great

Did the ghost die of AIDS?

Good point. I think what I meant to ask was "is this an interesting character concept?"

> read Adam Roberts' New Model Army first.

I'll check it out.

>Family goes on an expedition and bears eat the child’s gay parents.
>Boy is raised by bears and follows his pack in hunting and eating humans.
>A nearby tribe offers a disabled girl as a sacrifice to the pack, but they instead adopt her, while the boy rapes her and impregnates her.
>The baby cubs rape her too and superfecundation occurs.
>They start their own cannibal bear tribe and even form hostilities with other bears and treat them too as potential prey.

>distopic future
>bored aristocrats
>proletariat are bioengineered to be docile/passive and serve predefined functions
>cop goes to save aristocrat from hooker that went out of control
>cop, that was supposed to be docile, goes off when sees hooker, fall in love with her
>they run away and fight the system
>they find out the only reason they fell in love and fought the system is that they were hacked
>the guy behind the hack explains to them, that he wants to destroy the system, not because it is evil, but because it is boring

>bears eat the child’s gay parents

Mediocre.
Would it work if the war and countries weren't specified and it was just a conflict between three nations that speak different languages or do you want to make sure it occurs during WWII? Also are the three guys the last humans on Earth or just in that previously peaceful area?

oxblood and silverblood are social/political classes?

i like it. if i had any talent for writing intrigue would steal/10.

throw away the alt-history bullshit and just focus on the alliance of necessity

make it a short story in three acts and fill it with humor referencing how mind-blowing the twist is gonna be. the scientists massacring everyone should be in great detail but with hyperboles that make it unclear whether it's real or just a shared dream of one of the native children alongside an austrian scientist (yeah, there's gonna be a pedophile subplot, lol pederasty among the intellectual elite)

Don't really know if theres a specific name for a door, but its called an aperture

No and kind of, respectively.
Oxblood is just that- the blood or semen of beasts fermented into an intoxicating drink.
Silverbloods are the royal family and ruling class of a kingdom to the west of the Shayaril city-states which our antihero, Adat gaKier, hails from.
Like the Shayaril, they have bronze skin and four eyes. However, their hair is silver and kept long, while the Shayaril's is more reddish and cut shorter.
About a thousand years ago the "Old Empire" existed throughout the region, probably colonists from much farther off. There was a great class divide, between the literate Imperials in their shining towers taller than mountains, wearing the masks of metal, and the illiterate slaves.
But one day, called the Noon of Swords, every glyph in the Imperial writing system burst into thorns. Moreover the blood and semen of every individual who knew the writing system, and thus of everyone descended from them, did the same. Thus the civilization was destroyed in a day, and their great towers became petrified and filled with dusts. This is why the Yakunil- whom I compare to Korea or China- consider the Shayaril and Silverbloods a cursed race.
The Shayaril are descended from peasants, who had to rederive civilization for themselves. Their language and identity, by the way, was of course standardized around their folk-poems, which is why their lords are called Song-Princes. Their preeminence in trade and science, meanwhile, comes mostly from the technologies the Dark Technicians (viz. wizards) traded with the so-called demons for.
But there was one family among the Imperials who was -not- literate. For the father had risen among the army's ranks in far-flung campaigns through his own competence, and at last had been rewarded with freedom. Thus this man- Kajir ulZhæ 1- found himself the lone man with any political or technical power in this age of anarchy. He, then, managed to consolidate a small kingdom in the far west of the empire.
The Silverblood kingdom is fashioned in degraded imitation of the Old Empire. Members of the vast royal family are the only individuals under its dominion to be anything but complete property, of course- there are millions of slaves. The inner royal family, now under Kajir ulZhæ 327c, take on the names and identities of the founders, supressing their personalities to match (inaccurately) those of their ancestors.
(cont'd)

Moreover the insistence of purity in blood means that procreation with slaves is punishable with death- but the royal family is all horribly inbred by now of course, and they are forbidden to mate, even with their spouses, without the approval of the eugenicists. Obviously no one would obey laws banning all sex. To combat this slaves of the same sex- traps and reverse traps- were introduced to vent lusts on without the risk of blood defilement. Of course by now every Silverblood royal is a full on faggot or lovely lesbian. Therefore it's perfectly natural for a Silverblood royal- actually just a trader- to want the boipucci.
There are some cults to the "City-gods" "Cthonic Lords" viz. old Imperial family among the Shayaril, but their priests reject Kajir's claims, on the grounds that there actually is no Imperial blood among the Silverbloods.

short story:
>near-future UN corporate ethics agent is investigating one company division that makes more money than it's supposed to
>company stonewalls, finally the guy in charge of the division gets tired of it and says you can watch me if you don't tell anyone
>ethics agent, a proud black female British immigrant's child woman of color meets the guy in this crappy corner of Cornwall
>he loads up a wagon with knick-knacks and takes them through a misty forest to Fairyland
>elfs can duplicate some really tricky parts and circuits with magic, but they want gaudy toys in return
>they're totally misogynistic and laugh at the agent when she says she's not the trader's concubine
>laugh even harder when she tells them she's British
>when she gets home they've turned her white as a joke
Don't know where to go from there. I want to stop it there but it feels hollow. Then again so does most privilege-fic.

interesting, creative, compelling mythology.
>Their language and identity, by the way, was of course standardized around their folk-poems, which is why their lords are called Song-Princes.
i especially like that

are you writing it for real, or just designing a world?

The last human in the universe wakes from countless eons of slumber

Suspended in space, enveloped in an ancient self-sustaining prison from a race long vanished

This man is released by a cosmic god-like being, and invited to a poker game

The patrons at the poker game include wvev, god's brother, Lucifer the billionth, a distant relative of Satan, an ages old A.I demigod that has built upon it's code for billions of years, The last God of microscopic beings, and a mysterious other figure.

These are the last surviving living entities of a universe almost at the arrival of it's heat death. The stakes of the game is who gets to watch over the universe for it's last moments, a coveted prize, for at the end potentially reveals the grand mystery of whether life restarts a new or if it truly is the end. If your chips are gone, you die.

you'd better be REALLY good at dialogue

>The patrons at the poker game include wvev, god's brother, Lucifer the billionth, a distant relative of Satan, an ages old A.I demigod that has built upon it's code for billions of years, The last God of microscopic beings, and a mysterious other figure.

they play texas hold'em :3

>Lawrence of Arabia
>except in an urban envoirment
>and in another planet
>with the Arabs being Lizard-people called ''Mins'' (look up egyptian God to get an idea of the main themes)
>and Lawrence is ''played'' by Charlton Heston if he did Ben-Hur when he was 21
>the enemy conspires/corrupts both the human and min society, basicaly serving as a warning against the many evils of society that could destroy everything
>this process is constantly sped up by the ''main'' villian which in the end realizes he's been used and gives everyone the shaft, basicaly helping the hero achieve his goal...
>...10 years after the battle was lost.

If the gods banter eachother I'd definitely read it

>interesting, creative, compelling mythology.
Thank you. There's a lot more- especially about the demons and the procedures the Dark Technicians use to summon them (though I've little idea what the technology they give actually is, beyond an idea of horses with arquebuses for heads), and that outline didn't even touch on Marduk or the cosmology.
>are you writing it for real, or just designing a world?
Obviously I'm never going to write it. : ^)
Ah, and Adat gaKier, the antihero, is a Shayar, not a Silverblood. I realized my syntax was a little unclear.

>14th Century Florence
>John Hawkwood, legendary mercenary is slowly dying of consumption
>Summons his distant nephew Henry, a tanner's son, from Yorkshire.
>Teaches him the arts of war in the age of the Condottieri with Khutulun, a freed Mongolian slave-woman as his sidekick and partner of crime
>Henry surpasses his Uncle in mastery of tactics and leads Florence against Lucca
>A trap is sprung by the Luccans and their Neapolitan allies, and Khutulun and Henry must make their way back to Florence alive and on foot. Hijinks and existential crises ensue, along with a sexual sojourn in Giotto's grotto.

>In a vast forest world there lives all kinds of talking animals and sentient creatures alike, there exists a race that stands at the height of Nine centimeters (3.5 inches).
>Inchlings is what they're called and they alone are born with the ability to bend one of the four elements each.
>Follow the story of one Inchling who was born without the ability to bend but has always dreamed of wielding and mastering all four elements.
>A spiritual journey that takes her across the vast forest realm to visit the four birthplaces of each element where she may or may not be able to fulfill her dream.

Idea's got potential. I would suggest not calling it bending, because you don't want me immediately noticing the ripoff.

Why are you using the four elements at all? Why not think of other powers, that take advantage of the fact our protagonist is an inchling. Who's the antagonist? How is the journey spiritual? (For example, Christian spiritualism, Buddhist spiritualism, and Yoruban spiritualism are different, and powers based on those traditions would be used in different ways.) Why does she care about having powers? Why does she dream of having all four powers? How does she know that's possible? How does society treat her, based on that? What makes her decide to quest? Is there any gender dynamics involved (i.e., only men “bend” in this society).

I like the forest environment. You can do a lot with that. Also, please tell me there's a sequence where she fights a mythical skinless ape giant.

I really like the idea. Just develop it more.

I was thinking somewhat Chinese/Kung Fu-ish spiritual journey, but nothing in that regard is set in stone. It's a very raw idea so far that I only have a page or two of so far.

Thanks for the input and I'll think about those questions and the possibility of using other powers. Although, I might just stick with the Elements because it fits pretty well, but I'll definitely have to come up with something else to call it but bending. However, for the sake of some 'originality' I'll give other powers some thought.

>There's a lot more
i figured. your world seems to have a lot of depth, and we're just getting the highlight reel
>: ^)
i hope so. now i gotta figure out how to notice it when it gets published so i can buy a copy. 8)

minor nitpick:
>four eyes
assuming they're otherwise basically human looking, this strikes me as a bit of a "star trek special" where they'd just change one obvious feature of a being to make them stand out as alien. unless this feature is otherwise important i'd honestly recommend dropping it.

I like the four eyes. All of the other nations differ in appearance as well. But it's nothing more, practically, severe than the variation between humans in our world whatever you think that may be |卐| : ^) But this is another world, not ours- it can't be -our- variation. Kind of like in Zelda.
Four eyes is an attribute of the Babylonian god Marduk, and a vaguely Mesopotamian æsthetic is intended.
Not to be confused with my character Marduk, who has two eyes. I do want to rename him- it needs to be the name of a god from our world, something to disturb, as the only recognizable name in this alien world- but Marduk is such a divine name.

>set in the south in the 50's
>main character is apathetic journalist major who writes for the school newspaper
>wants to cover this big football game in another state that his friend who goes to that school got him tickets to
>his editor is a try hard faggot that wants him to write real articles
>comes up with the idea to go interview the last living Civil War veteran who lives in some shitty Alabama town a couple of hours from the game
>brings along his friend who is also a journalist but a nice yokel sort (should be noted that main guy is the child of carpetbaggers)
>lots of problems on the way to Birmingham, but they finally get there and see the game
>main guy then reveals he has no intentions of actually talking to the Civil war guy which angers his friend who was looking forward to it
>main guy has an episode where he professes love for some girl he just met, realizes next day he's an idiot and meets back up with his friend
>finally reach the shitty alabama town
>civil war guy died the day before

anyway they run into a lot of characters and see weird shit and have adventures on the way down and the general idea is just me writing about the south as i have always seen it, and also talking about the death of the New South (to be replaced with the modern south) by transposing it over a story about the death of the Old South

I'm only about a quarter done, but I''m excited because I've never actually gotten this much progress in a project before, it really feels like this might be the one, although tbqh i'll probably never be published

You should have your protagonist win after the second-to-last person goes all in on a bluff attempt when he has AA.

(The spoiler wasn't meant to be like that, ach.

fair 'nuff. just wanted to make sure you had thought about it in more than just a "this'll make 'em look weird!" way. (though given everything else i guess i should have known. lol)

>set in not-middle earth
>girl wakes up in a unfamiliar ditch, in an unfamiliar town
>other girl finds her, brings her home, notices the half-amulet she's wearing could fit the one she's got
>they indeed fit
>cue globe-trotting romp through not-middle earth, finding a way to send girl 1 home
>big baddie wants both amulet pieces and to kill the girls for funsies
>girls meet not-gandalf to help them train and shit
>halfway through, not-gandalf is assassinated by BBEG's forces
>while on the run, they find the king and bargain for help
>before he can do any good, BBEG's assassins burn the town, forcing him and the girls to flee to another
>the trio runs into a mystic while en route to the next town
>mystic says they gotta find a couple of plot coupons before they can defeat the BBEG and send girl 1 home
>they do the thing, run into the BBEG's forces and proceed to kick ass
>while heading to the BBEG's lair, the king helps the girls out of a trap killing him in the process
>with the king gone, the girls make it to the lair, barely
>another trap, the pair ends up in the BBEG's hands
>girl 2 sacrifices her life and almost dies helping girl 1 defeat BBEG
>some other bullshit happens before book 2

Woah, that's deep
oh wait, it's retarded

Something I'm really trying to work on is a story about a world facing it's mortality. Basically this world is ending to some unknown threat, and this man starts to think he's wasted his life. He starts to become unsatisfied with his girlfriend, and spends his remaining time roaming and traveling to visit people who've changed his life completely, holding women and friends to these pedestals of greatness. As he goes on he starts to hate people as each one of those people disappoints him, some falling to drugs, others to sex and even one he respect the most to suiced, each trying to find their escape and contentedness before they pass. The finale is as he sits on a park bench simply enjoying the sun, and starts to realize all he truly wants is the original girl. He closes his eyes and feels a brush on his arm, opening only to find its someone else. As the world ends, him and this unidentified stranger sit, and he realizes all anyone ever really wants is human interaction. As the world fades out, and he realized that he will never see the people he loves again, he pulls this women close to him and smiles.

The entire point it is to explore the themes of isolation and mortality, and kind of go into why we always feel like we need more than what really is enough.
I've also got a sci-fi that explores some of the same themes but goes in a much different direftion, and delves into society rather than the individual.

>glass maker falls in love with daughter of senator
>sees her in drug den
>she kills a dealer and he sees, she kills him in an unnatural way
>he is forced into her service
>forced to enter occult world he sees the desperate and cruelness in her
>forced to learn to survive, as the girl hunts for what amounts to men having become twisted into monsters
>forced into political games as the girl is sent to another nation's court to be married
>discovers he loves her despite this
>suffering ensues

been written a thousand times by young white men similar to you who think they're tackling something profound

>the backdrop is political strife in a nation that killed their clergy and their nobility and is plagued on all sides by things that were once men and a population who does not even know the conflict exists
>follows a man forced into this conflict following a woman he thought he loved, but discovered his cruelty she inherited and fostered to fight said threads
>realizes he still loves her, and decides to harbor the same thing that made the men monsters so that he can, in his own mind, save a woman who was not given a choice at life
>thus the cycle continues
I'm bad at greentext

>1988
>guy grows marijuana in the federal land behind his house near shitty Southern Utah mountain town
>state theocracy, general poverty, having to work with scummy people make this a high risk type of behavior, relatively high reward because weed cost driven up by demand
>BLM starts a controlled burn in late autumn on the other side of the mountain crest behind his house
>sudden winds make this burn not so controlled
>his neighborhood gets evac order
>can't leave- gotta stay and protect weed
>he scrambles to bushwhack around his property, soaks the earth as the fire slowly rises over the mountain crest
>night comes, lit red and air smells like smoke
>he scrambles to protect weed

Does desperate shit to protect his cash crop, eventually reckons with greed and safety, might have him do some acid when he's certain he's facing death and hilarity ensues.

Lit proves once again it is entirely devoid of any creative, or remarkable ideas.

A disturbed young man's only sexual encounter ever was when he played doctor with a girl at the age of four.
His sexual frustration, coupled with a manic depression, sends him down a path to kidnap the, now fully grown woman, and play doctor with her, whether she likes it or not.

Honestly? At this point I am more interested in execution than creativity, as essentially all conceptual story structures can be put into categories already discovered.

One can find creativity in the execution, uniqueness in character, culture, and interaction, while not having to reinvent the wheel of narrative structure.

People have attempted to do that, which, in fact, has simply created a new predetermined structure one can draw from.

Though, there are many, many elements of the setting, that included, that are strange for strangeness's sake, since that sort of strangeness is beautiful.

It sounds great. Love the settings, hope you're familiar with it. The actual events sounds dull, though it's not necessarily a bad thing, as the main focus is the South. Hope you have enough interesting things to say about it.
If I saw it in a book store I would read a few pages, which is more than I can say for most of the stuff posted here.

I don't think it's that good but certain people in the publishing industry have a soft spot for books that focus on the south so you have a better shot at getting published than you might think if you can find them.

We've gone over this before. No one who actually thinks they have the next Ulysses or whatever is dumb enough to post their ideas here, or at least not dumb enough to give you the full scope of them in a greentext.