Prediction: Golden Mountain is going to be called “meme sauce” on Veeky Forums by this time two years from now

Prediction: Golden Mountain is going to be called “meme sauce” on Veeky Forums by this time two years from now.

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.chefrubber.com/item/501002S/Ajitide-I- -G-/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is it?

Cha!

*Thai Mario seasons the eggs*

Ingredients:
>milk
>bacon fat
>green curry paste (maesri)
>eggs
>shrimp
>tomatoes
>cucumbers
>cilantro

Activate the curry paste in the bacon fat.

Add the milk.

Arrange the (seasoned) shrimp, tomatoes, and cucumbers. When the bottom of the shrimp have just begun to turn pink, turn them over.

Pour in the eggs and top with the cilantro.

Cover and reduce the heat to steam.

Remove from the heat when it’s just set.

Prediction: OP and his fellow redditors will make Veeky Forums uninhabitable by 2020

So I use bacon fat to activate curry paste, but water to activate almonds? I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of this cooking thing.

Wa la!

Golden Mountain is a Thai seasoning sauce that is mostly like soy sauce, but is mellowed out with sugar and some other random other shit that makes it not-so-salty (don't believe the haters who say it gives you cancer).

You can use pretty much any fat to activate your curry paste. The basic idea is to infuse the flavors into the fat, so that the curry gets distributed evenly throughout the dish.

I used bacon fat to add a layer of depth because I used low fat milk - because I wanted the eggs to steam and become light and fluffy (otherwise I might have used whole, or coconut, milk).

>2020

It's uninhabitable right now, man.

>Wa la!

wario get the fuck out

>wa la!

Whoopty fuckin doo

Get that meme shit outta here

>op makes an observation and then proceeds to actually produce cooking content instead of ranking fast food sandwiches or posting the same 6 jack webms for centuries.
Compared to you I'd welcome some meme-loving fuck from reddit honestly.

Sometimes OC isnt always appreciated

>nom nom nom

You have my number, Saveur.

>freedom fries
>blistered shishito peppers
>chipotle mayo

Reheat in a dry pan.

Freedom fries come with their own fat, and will re-fry in it given a bit of patience.

I wish I knew where to get jalapeños like that.

Looks good, OP! The way the milk and the egg steam together kind of reminds me of a chawanmushi, but slightly more cooked. I appreciate the OC, always nice to see rad dudes cookin' up rad shit. Might try this in a few days.

Fry an egg in the residual freedom fry fat.

>chawanmushi

I kind of had that in the back of my mind when I was throwing it together. It's admittedly much more sloppy, but for a savory kind-of-steamed egg dish with shrimp, you can see how that's where I was aiming.

>I kind of had that in the back of my mind

Wew lad, was worried that I was the only one that thought it. Keep up the OC, I am monitoring this bad boy

Freedom fries, shishito peppers, topped with a fried egg, buffalo wings, chipotle mayo & green onions.

I think my mom has that exact same pan.

Is yours a curtis stone?

that fried egg still has that uncooked albumin on the top

Ooey gooey goodness.

stop being a pussy.

>shishito
Weeb shit ruined it.

Midday smelly fish snack, with a little blue fun time pill.

>a single tomato

Don't have too much fun, there, Wizzbot.

Blurry steak salad. Perfectly cooked.

Don't wanna get that scurvy, mate.

>amphetamines
>snack

niqqa watt

Smoked chili mac and cheese.

No. Flonal, $12 from the Korean grocery store.

Pls no build wall.

Sopitos de picadillo.

Looks like shitty eggs. Congrats, you made shitty eggs.

Stuff on bread and a cancer egg.

Is this better?

Found the newfags.

Dam Son is proud.

Let me rephrase: DAMN SON

m8 I don't even know who is baiting who at this point, it's almost as easy to get replies by saying wa la than it is to call them newfriends

Where did you get bacon fat?

white bread and pickled fish

A little better but definitely nothing to be proud of. I don't know why you keep taking pictures of your garbage food like it's even worth remembering.

Just use the switch man

>how do you get bacon fat?

That's a difficult one. Bacon has a shitload of fat. If you fry it, fat comes out. Suddenly, a pan full of homemade bacon fat.

>muh, where does bacon fat come from? Idk.

Look at the pick, mong. He has a bowl of homogenous, white fat. Not like the brownish stuff you collect from frying bacon.

>never heard of a strainer

Yep, in 2097 - 80, they really do exist.

Why are you talking to me? This is an AB conversation.

Best coast gonna wreck ya.

It's just left over from after frying bacon. Nothing special.

Steak and eggs.

Egg sauce goes on everything.

Eggs and toast.

Eggs on toast.

PSA: your scallion butts have little baby scallions living inside of them, all they need is a little water to activate (they don't even need sunlight).

ayeee I've been doin that too.
Good shit my man
I keep mine on a window sill though and they grow back p quick

You kind of start to feel as though your psychiatrist is taking more pills than he's prescribing when he puts a zany zoo out in the waiting room.

The sun probably doesn't hurt, but I told my chef about it at a place I used to work and he grew an entire hotel pan's worth of scallions in a windowless restaurant kitchen.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

Oh My Fucking God.

(I love you, AleSmith. Will you be my date to the prom?)

>;__;

Mix your eggs right in the pan and you don't need to dirty an extra bowl.

>homogeneous

Get your other stuff ready while the eggs cook; no need to rush.

Reminder: Eggs do not want to be overcooked, and carry-over is a real phenomenon.

you're fucking retarded

beans?

*umpf*

huh?

Pick your own beer flight.

>belgian style blonde ale
>lemon meringue pie specialty ale, brewed with graham crackers and lactose, and fermented with vanilla beans and fresh lemon juice
>double ipa brewed with toasted coconut and milk sugar
>hop forward double ipa

Meatloaf sandwich on grilled rye.

Caesar and crab cakes.

golden mountain sauce smells like shit and is sold in such quantities that you are speaking of a fantasy

Are you under the impression that it's fish sauce?

ADHD, probably. I wish to hell that stuff worked for me, I can barely read a paragraph any more without my mind scrambling.

Rare barrel aged beer flight.

>the abyss
>bourbon county
>385 scytale
>pugachev's cobra

Fried chicken club and mac n' cheese.

Soy sauce and
Ajitide I+G aka Disodium Guanylate and Disodium Inosinate

I bought Ajitide I+G for seasoning purposes, mixed it with soy sauce and made my own version of this.

Is Ajitide I+G something you can buy at Asian grocery stores or do you have to special order it?

This is where I got it from:
shop.chefrubber.com/item/501002S/Ajitide-I- -G-/

I+G gives a similar taste to MSG without having to use as much to get the same effect. I got it initially to experiment with extending/substituting meats because I+G makes things taste gamey. It's the main ingredient in Golden Mountain or Maggi sauces, so you can try it that way also.

so... are those tomatoes tiny or the shrimp is huge? Or is something about perspective? It's really confusing

'
Huh, I'd like to try it but it looks like they don't sell it in less than 1 Kg bags.

The tomatoes are small; look at the ingredients pic.

Shishito peppers are becoming more and more ubiquitous (assuming you're in the US).

If they don't have them at your usual grocery stores and you really want to try them, try looking at Whole Foods.