What is it about computer science that attracts pseudo-intellectuals?

What is it about computer science that attracts pseudo-intellectuals?

Just about every computer scientist I've met or encountered believes that they are super-geniuses. Their interests are very broad, resulting in them appearing to have a lot of knowledge, but it all turns out to be superficial. For instance, how many computer scientists have you met who believe that linear algebra, combinatorics, and statistics are the pinnacle of mathematics? When they take "discrete mathematics," they think that they are doing "real" math. It's fascinating how a single field can attract so many delusional brainlets.

It's a good field to learn the importance of precise communication (coding/writing). But most of the guys I met in programming were incompetent, lacking communication and social skills (average guys).

Simple, it's because you're also a pseudo-intellectual hanging out with Freshman/Sophomore CS majors.

I graduated with a degree in pure math and discrete mathematics was my favorite field of study. I know more math than you and you're a faggot.

great post here

>t. pseudo-intellectual faggot

hmm, I think there is some sort of confirmation bias going on here. possibly you have some shitty opinion of computer scientists (you failed CS1, ex-girlfriend is a CS student, jelly of how easy it is to get a job in CS, etc...) , and you met a few assholes and decided they represented all of them.

most of the CS bros I've met are actually very humble and many of them actually feel like frauds / idiots. impostor syndrome is common

What is it about math majors that attracts pseudo-intellectuals?

Just about every math major I've met or encountered believes that they are super-geniuses. Their interests are very broad, resulting in them appearing to have a lot of knowledge, but it all turns out to be superficial. For instance, how many math majors have you met who believe that linear algebra, combinatorics, and statistics are the pinnacle of mathematics? When they take "real analysis," they think that they are doing "real" math. It's fascinating how a single field can attract so many delusional brainlets.

Who knows? Better yet, who cares?

>how many computer scientists have you met who believe that linear algebra, combinatorics, and statistics are the pinnacle of mathematics?

That's pretty much all of them.

>When they take "real analysis," they think that they are doing "real" math. It's fascinating how a single field can attract so many delusional brainlets.

Agreed. Undergrad Math majors are retards.

What books did you use for your algebra and analysis courses?

>falling for the bait
>actually thinking discrete math isn't just babby shit to any math undergrad

What is it about stem that attracts pseudointellectuals?

C.E. M.S. here. Have you ever interacted with the general public? If I could find a fucking code monkey with a little formal mathematical knowledge, I'd piss in my own fucking mouth. You sound like an elitist cunt. Anything that falls beyond multivariable calc and DiffQ puts you so fucking far ahead of the general populace that you may as well be a fucking genius. Don't confuse your in-groups with reality. You're a fucking idiot. There's always someone smarter.

most above-average intelligence people in engineering fields have serious superiority complex that helps them cope with their lack of friends and a significant other

I did research in discrete math. You're dumb for thinking discrete math is confined to an intro to proofs class.
Goes to prove you are pretty stupid.

MODS these are examples of who we need to ban (per discussion of meta thread). Please go ahead and ban them.

Traffic is traffic...
Ad rev is ad rev...

Half of the computer scientist I know think they weren't smart enough to do math

>Only mathematicians can be considered intellectuals

It's fascinating how a single field (math) can attract so many delusional brainlets.

>Have maths PhD
>any welfare program I want
>$800 a month

>I did research in discrete math.

LMAO!

Occult study when? We need to phase out these stagnating leeches. Light speed travel? Our sight is already there. We just need to get the rest of our senses over there. Its the next logical step

Yeah people publish results from graph theory WEIRD i know because you're a fucking freshman

>he whispers with the gun in his mouth
>frafortowr