Walmart sells kimchi for $10/gallon but my question is, how do I make my own?

Walmart sells kimchi for $10/gallon but my question is, how do I make my own?

I see a demand for cheaper kimchi in my area (Branson, Missouri), but first I need the recipe.

I'm planning on selling it for $8/gallon instead if I can keep my costs down.

I did the math and I can theoretically make $80,000 a year if I put my own kimchi on store shelfs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTucCw1w6Ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

steal maanchi's recipe, create a factory of illegal korean and chinese workers, which if any of them are decent looking then also have a side business that does massages. bribe off the health inspectors with happy endings. sell your shit to the local farmers market. you can do this user.

how do you know there is a demand for cheaper kimchi? Because you and 2 of your friends like it and eat it more than twice a month?

>Walmart sells kimchi
lol where the fuck do you live

I'm not a pimp but I am looking for cheap labor if this takes off.

I searched on bing and in 2016 alone there were over a milion searches for kimchi on Google.
So yeah the demand is there I just need to get it to market.

I live in Branson, it's a big foodie capital like Chicago or Des Moine

Go beetleborg yourself

What?

real life isn't an anime you fucking goon

I don't watch anime and Kimchi is vietamese not Japanese

By renting a production space, sourcing the ingredients from wholesalers, having the 1 gallon bottles snd labels produced by a factory, having your kimchi pickling factory and product approved by the FDA, etc.

>Kimchi
>Vietnamese

Your plan is retarded and so are you. Also
>Branson
>Big foodie capital

Oh wow did y'all just get a Seasons 52? Here comes the Branson Michelin guide!

cheap labor for profit is pimping you scrub. man the fuck up. people are expendable.

Shh, just let user spend all his savings on marketing authentic Vietnamese kimchi

I never really got a answer people just started shitposting. Is this normal on Veeky Forums?

What is this? Looks kinda like ravioli without the stuffing.

piss off flyover; good food is not for your ilk.

Veeky Forums is basically where people from other boards come to relax and lightly shitpost.

kimchi, its like fermented cabbage

>Branson
>flyover
pick one, it's the biggest culinary center in Missouri.

>lightly

>buy cabbage
>let it rot
>smother in ketchup
>PROFIT

>catsup
Heinz or Huntz?

Is Branson, Missouri the next Paris of the food world?
Is the 8 dollar a gallon rotten cabbage mess the next coca cola?

>Branson
>biggest culinary center in Missouri.

Yeah, all those country music shows really draw in a sophisticated group of gourmets. The average age of the Branson tourist is 75. Their idea of fine dining is Cracker Barrel.

Also, Cletus, do a little research on your own state. KC and St. Louis are both there.

That's like saying "biggest culinary center in Nebraska"

Omaha. Wow that was easy.

t. someone who has never been to The Brans
You don't know the fucking first thing about Branson you ignorant little cocksucking faggot. KC and St. Louis are fucking third world SLUMS compared to The Brans. It's not just "country music shows" it's good food, good people and good music.
Branson's average tourists are anywhere from 18-30 year old white males and their idea of fine dining is any one of the 4 and 5 star restaurants dotting the streets.
Just off the top of my head:
>Level 2 Steakhouse (gamer themed steak house)
>Chateau Grill
>Starvin Marvin's
>Whipper Snappers
>Paradise Grill

>Cletus
Cool old Simpsons joke rip off numb nuts. Fuck off.

I make it all the time. Buy some Korean chili powder off of Amazon, and a decent fish sauce. Al the rest, cabbage, green onions, garlic, etc. is available anywhere.

This isn't a recipe it's a grocery list....

I'd never even heard of Branson missouri before this thread lol.

Chop veggies, make a slurry of fish sauce and chili pepper, mix with veggies. Put in a dark place for 48 hours then transfer to fridge. Let it stew four another three days.

Profit.

How much initial are you working with

>Korean coarse red pepper powder
>Cabbage, any kind
>carrots (shredded) daikon raddish (julien cut)
>or what ever veggies you like really
Flavor
>Shit ton of garlic and onion puree'd
>fish sauce if you so desire
mix the flavor shit with the red pepper flakes (use gloves)
Cover cabbage and veggies
jar and store.
Protip: You have to soak the cabbage in salt water for a few hours first to remove moisture. Dry it and ur ready to go

Or just buy it. Its easier. Thats what I do now.

just youtube it nig

>buying food at wal-mart
back to the trailer cleetus

Why, just why would 18-30 year olds go there? Trout fishing for stocked trout in the white river when all over the country, including the Northeast has native wild trout? A visit to the Andy Williams theatre? Perhaps the Yahkov russian guy? That Japanese violin player that thrills senior citizens with his "fancypants" riffs? The Sattler Brothers? Jim Neighbors? Minnie Pearl?

Christ son, Branson is Las Vegas for 70 year old Evangelicals. I know you're funded by The Branson Chamber of Commerce, but don't you think Pat Robertson's or Oral Robert's website would be a better shill pond?

My aunt and her late fundie husband went there for their honeymoon. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone claiming it's a youth culture magnet. I'm not sure if the guy is just trolling or if he actually believes it.

>Level 2 Steakhouse (gamer themed steak house)

Yeah "starvin marvin's" sounds like a real classy joint. I bet the frozen margaritas are as big as my head lol

I will remind them

>searched on bing and in 2016 alone there were over a milion searches for kimchi on Google.

I'm not trying to insult you here, but are you saying you went to bing and looked up how many people searched for kimchi on Google?

Also, a million searches for it in the whole year really isn't that much, you might be served well by some deeper more targeted research.

>the 4 and 5 star restaurants dotting the streets

Are you referring to Yelp you dense hillybilly fuck?

lfmao

>New York and LA are the pinnacle of American civilization

well meme'd

You're not gonna make $80k in a year selling budget kimchi in stores. You'd have better luck putting product on a truck and driving around to "Farmer's Markets" in college towns and bigger cities.

now that I think about it, putting kimchi in mason jars and driving it around to colleges as a popup store would make mad bank.

that looks like shit

please make sure you have a health inspection certificate so you dont kill anyone

Fuck off communist

I'm gonna put out a warning in Branson that some idiot is gonna risk poisoning a bunch of locals with a bullshit kimchi scam. Thanks for the heads up.

Ok Cletus

>up with white people
chuckled sensibly

>How do I make gook sauerkraut
You ferment vegetables

>mad bank
please end yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=eTucCw1w6Ak

I've made this recipe and it is 10/10

Ay, love her stuff. Birth father is Korean and says that this is pretty much on point from what he grew up with. You want gochu garu flakes. I like the extra spicy stuff, but the mild/medium works fine. Powder or threads will be totally off. I also like to add sliced jalapenos and serranos, sometimes maybe a fatale or two.

I also like to grab a bunch of radishes, whichever are looking nice/cheap at my grocer's or garden, cube them up, salt them and rinse just like the nappa, and mix it with the remaining kimchi paste. Or eat the leftover paste with some beef and rich in softer lettuces.

The main issue you'll have to figure out is how you will can or package it to specs, plus if you want to sell more than a few jars out of your local farmer's market you'll need a few licenses and proper kitchen equipment.

>branson
Dude have you seen Yakov Smirnoff?