What does Veeky Forums think of the Veeky Forums-themed poetry of Rachael Allen?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Veeky Forums-themed poetry of Rachael Allen?

>"A series named after the boards on the website, Rachael Allen’s Veeky Forums Poems revisit the tradition of confessional poetry via the model of the internet’s anonymous confessions, its games with subjectivity, power, and truth."

>"As a fearless representative of the site, Rachael accurately depicts life as a young person in the twenty-first century, seeking solace in anonymous internet culture. As a woman, her own struggles of expression in the face of the misogynistic tyranny which also exists on the site make her poems both ruthless confessions and inspiring manifestos of female empowerment."

themissingslate.com/2014/04/17/irl-rachael-allens-Veeky Forums-poems/

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poets/detail/rachael-allen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont care

I don't really understand what about them beyond their titles being board names is actually to do with Veeky Forums. I think it's mainly a gimmick.

I hate any face put to this website. I hate every mouth breather that tries to talk about memes and reaction images in real life. These boards and their micro communities are only ever funny or interesting when they stay faceless, nameless, anonymous posts on a light violet or green page (custom UI/skinfags pls kys).

Take your little writing project and your musings on being le womyn on Veeky Forums and fuck the fuck off.

>"Y-you don't mean that, d-do you user?"

*sobs*

Fuck off Rachel. No one gives a shit, genuinely.

>"Oh, I get it. You're being ironic! You're so silly user, but that's why I love you!"

*kisses you*

I bet she will have more providers trying to help her in one decade than you will have women ackowledging your existence in one life

Source on the pic?

It's from 30 Rock

What's the context?

Tina Fey's character wrote a catchphrase for her TV show that got famous so she wrote a book of loads of "dealbreakers" which had so many in that all the women started questioning their relationships and that made the men angry with her.
I can't remember how it was resolved.

Thanks for answering. I can see why the men would be angry with her.

bump2

More like
>"Veeky Forums-themed" "poetry" of "Rachael" Allen

You're better than an Epson m8. I'm sitting in bed with my galu right now. You'll get there soon user-kun.

I think it was resolved when she was going to get her own talk show called deal breakers but she didn't like how fame changed her or something, i remember her locking herself in her dressing room just like tracy does when he was upset.

so you gonna post the poem named after Veeky Forums or what

That's cultural appropriation desu
(no really)

It's because she isn't so hot. She's kinda meh, with bad skin.

99% of life can be explained by x/10.

This moonfaced slut sounds like a Reddit tourist

>>"As a fearless representative of the site, Rachael accurately depicts life as a young person in the twenty-first century, seeking solace in anonymous internet culture. As a woman, her own struggles of expression in the face of the misogynistic tyranny which also exists on the site make her poems both ruthless confessions and inspiring manifestos of female empowerment."

good lord this world really is shit

>poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poets/detail/rachael-allen
>Rachael Allen’s first pamphlet of poems was published by Faber & Faber. She is the poetry editor for Granta magazine

there is no god

ayy

ughhhhhh I mean it's obvious she's put the hours in on this hellsite to write about it but her writing's horrible

>"Hey user, I read through those letters you send me from James Joyce to Nora. I didn't expect them to be so...lewd. *blushes* M-maybe we could try that out sometime, i-if you want to?"

What do you say Veeky Forums?

Tbh if posted in a crit thread it would get a decent reception.

>supuine
>reeived

You mean as one of those only-partially-ironic shitposts

>I never reeived a reply

seems about right

please leave

This is fantastic poetry. It condenses a lot (unemployment, artistic aspirations, delusions of grandeur, inside-references to the board, the internet) into a brief palpable summary of this board. Can I buy this collection anywhere?

It's actually apparent that she didn't

>do people even read anymore..if I knew people irl
We talk to eachother and know what eachother read. This is an obvious outside perspective of what we'd be thinking

>I submitted a poem once
Do you browse this place often? Do you write often? How many times have you submitted

This is a gimmick. And if you've been browsing here for longer than the beginning of summer you'd have seen these poems before.

either autism or too stratified irony

get out

>only-partially-ironic shitposts
How the hell else are you supposed to capture Veeky Forums in a poem? I mean this seriously.

Rachael Allen is less of a newfag that 90% of Veeky Forums.

Just a snowflake wanting to get special points. Nothing else. If she were decent, her work would shine instead for her.

Otherwise, nah.

I'm not convinced that this is genuine

to be honest, this

the writing shows a clearly not-insignificant amount of time invested into lurking each board and soaking up the culture, mixing it with her own personal life and wider culture. i like it.

also hi rachael

I don't hate you for it Rachael.
That said you should have expected what reaction you'd get.

I like it, too. Reminds me of a Joycean rewrite of Welcome to the NHK.

Consider suicide Tbh

I find it funny that what I took from the time I have spent here (and keep doing so) is the mid twenties unaccomplished guys not knowing, as with most things, how to deal with the random approval of other writers, in my case I do understand it stems from probably feeling threatened. Fact is I'm no different from you. If most of you would actually care into putting the time and effort into doing something serious I have absolute conviction that you would be noticed.

>PROSE POETRY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

if cataloguing the many and varied shitposts on here is what it takes for a woman to be "empowered" then truly rachel had no real power at all

What does it say about /pol/?

Tits or GTFO

hits close to home desu

>You mean as one of those only-partially-ironic shitposts
that's quintessentially Veeky Forums though

>If most of you would actually care into putting the time and effort into doing something serious I have absolute conviction that you would be noticed.
Yeah we know lmao. We're """""smart but lazy"""""

Ye. I must know

This! I come here to escape the fucking normiescum, not to have them cheaply copy my memes and jokes.

Fucking normies, I swear.