What are the most important problems our generation is going to face? What innovations are evident in our future?

What are the most important problems our generation is going to face? What innovations are evident in our future?

Other urls found in this thread:

eatthis.com/9-bugs-you-are-eating-in-your-food
theguardian.com/environment/2015/aug/12/humans-have-already-used-up-2015s-supply-of-earths-resources-analysis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraha,_Fukushima
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sex robots

Securing the future of white children.

Renewable systems/sustainable cycles.
Continuing to optimize shit systems created by baby boomers.
Globalizing efficiently and effectively.
Automation.
All things medicine (especially genetic modification).
Healthy living.

I personally am concerned about things that I do not see any plans to address, including:

Nutritional soil depletion
Fresh water supply
Overfishing

I think, for the most part, humanity has conquered the environment. Now we have to figure out how to support even more people over a long period of time.

making super-intelligent AI safe is pretty important

widespread automation is really evident

advanced genetic modifications

manned mars missions

VR

renewable energy

handling all of this pollution that the world doesn't seem to give a fuck about

>What are the most important problems our generation is going to face

New Atheism, the resurgence of Communism, Wahhabism, industrial material shortages, securing renewable energy sources, failing and decommissioning nuclear plants, clean water, new epidemics, and global warming.

>making super-intelligent AI safe is pretty important
>VR

You must be over the age of 18 to post on Veeky Forums. Please leave.

you are mentally challenged if you don't understand how fucked we'd be if a super-intelligent AI was to be in the wrong hands.

you are mentally challenged if you don't understand how fucked we'd be if a zombiefication virus was to be in the wrong hands.

you are mentally challenged

>t. avid popsci reader

I wouldn't call problems "important." Solutions are important. Problems that are "serious" I can understand.

Dementia, alzheimer's and other age-related illnesses seem about to financially inundate us.
Economic war seems likely as ceo's dig deeper into their employee's pockets.
Pollution, smog and radiation seem serious.
Mental problems in the youth from poor nutrition; neglect.

What serious problem don't we have?

That first sentence was like a summary of life with autism
I'm not even OP but fuck you and your semantics, queer

this

>Nutritional soil depletion
>Fresh water supply
>Overfishing

>veganism

Or we could just stop being pussies and start eating insects.

Gun laws

It will be in the wrong hands. The best you can do is make sure you are not on the wrong side of those hands.

There is no real reason why all gun shouldn't be registered. All cars are registered, all planes are registered, why not all guns.

>but muh nazis will come for me.

They still will. They will just look up the owners of all cellphones that were within gunshops to find out.

Great point!

India is a great exemplar for the world. The wide spread veganism is not only super efficient and eco-friendly, but also has produced a world-renown, delectable cuisine.

Despite knowing that I don't have a logical argument to continue eating meat, growing up with meat has made it difficult to stop eating meat; however, realizing that vegetarianism does not have to be an all or nothing behavioral change has helped me reduce meat consumption.

Even switching from beef to chicken is a good choice water wise.

As long as the insects came in the form of a Taco Bell burrito or a hot dog, I would be down. Also, preferably, I would not have to worry about getting a piece of exoskeleton stuck in my teeth.

Alot of people do not realize, but we actually consume insect products all the time (food color comes to mind). For those with a strong stomach, here is an introductory list:

eatthis.com/9-bugs-you-are-eating-in-your-food

Pesticides have come a long way from DDT days and GMO crops are showing a lot of promise but I have to give it to organic farming for using no artificial fertilizer and for taking better care of the soil.

At the same time I don't know if organic farming can replace current methods on account of it's low yields and high costs.

Buying local is really good because of the transport factor.

he had to quote shit in his autistic sentences because deep down even he knows how autistic he is hahaha what the fuck

yeah but that's a lot harder to do.
all guns should be registered but shit if ppl are fascist assholes.

>What serious problem don't we have?
A worldwide epidemic disease causing people to randomly switch bodies

>artificial fertilizer
Oh lawd, is dat sum naturist fallacy?

Enjoy your unsustainable crop yields and mass starvation.

>What serious problem don't we have?

Those of us on Veeky Forums are spared the horrible issues that are associated with being fucked to death by supermodels.

Peak phosphorus, everything else is a meme issue that ultimately won't matter.

>important problems

Global cooling
Islam
Kalergi Plan

>innovations

Solar cells
Recycling
Fusion power

>using no artificial fertilizer

Just because it's artificial doesn't mean it's unnatural.

Overpopulation. There's already too many people on this planet, we need to stop people in third world countries from shitting out babies

zombie virus are fundamentally impossible

rogue AI is something that something that's currently possible, and there is evidence to support it already exists.

>rogue AI is something that something that's currently possible, and there is evidence to support it already exists.

is that way

I've heard that if trends in education, medical care, and women's rights continues as they have in first world countries, then the population will stabilize around 9-10 billion. And even farther into the future it would begin decreasing. Of course this is over a century at least so who knows what else would affect these trends.

the only reason people of affrican descent have 3 children on average in the US is because they also have 3 abortions on average, compared to the 6-8 children on average for people of african descent in africa

Read a book you fucking retard. Have you ever looked into any models of population growth?

.Approaching the carrying capacity of earth
.CO2 emissions

The first is going to hit us very, very, very hard.

>.Approaching the carrying capacity of earth
You mean all the humans will become too heavy and the earth will fall out of the solar system?
Shit, how long do we have left?

theguardian.com/environment/2015/aug/12/humans-have-already-used-up-2015s-supply-of-earths-resources-analysis
>world’s population currently consuming the equivalent of 1.6 planets a year

yet everything is fine and still working
because if there is a zucchini's shortage, price goes up

>everything is fine and still working

>we need to stop the people who consume the least and produce the least waste from reproducing
>first worlders on the other hand can have as many babies as they want
you're retarded

Have you ever looked at the top 10 countries by population? I's full of shitholes like Bangladesh, India, Brazil, and Nigeria. The only two 1st world nations are Japan and the US

Fukushima is going to kill everyone.

No one is doing anything to fix it.

Biggest problem and no one gives a damn. We're all fucked.

yes and per capita consumption in shitholes like Bangladesh is far lower than US and Japan. I would much rather have 1,000 Bangladeshi babies than 1,000 Japanese babies because atm the Bangladeshis would have less of an effect on their environment.

But what good things will they do in Bangladesh? An American can contribute much better things to the world than soccer balls

They already reopened villages at 20 Km distance

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraha,_Fukushima