Who was the most Veeky Forums dictator of the 20th century?

Who was the most Veeky Forums dictator of the 20th century?

I'd stay either Stalin or Ayatollah Khomeni. Both were exceptionally well-read in ideological and philosophical works, and also quite widely published before their ascension.

Lenin was certainly more intellectual than Stalin, but I'm not sure if he can be considered a dictator given the collective nature of early Soviet leadership.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2014/01/10/world/americas/a-chilean-dictators-secret-book-collection-heavy-on-napoleon-light-on-fiction.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nytimes.com/2014/01/10/world/americas/a-chilean-dictators-secret-book-collection-heavy-on-napoleon-light-on-fiction.html

>Both were exceptionally well-read in ideological and philosophical works,
>Go on to turn both their respective countries into torture chambers

Ideology, not even once

the greatest lit dictator to ever have lived would have been Trotsky. stalin is a philistine in comparison. the sheer literary output and breadth of Trotsky's writings is immense and his style is unrivalled.

>torture chambers
That's not how you spell glorious republics

I'm just saying, if your goal is basically absolute power, as Stalin's at least clearly was, why the ideological pretensions?

If he wanted to do something contrary to Marxist ideology, he would've done it anyway.

Lets talk about the MOST Veeky Forums dicator, Qin Shi Huang, who had all shitposters buried because their philosophy offended him.

Mussolini worked as a journalist and got to manage a newspapers.

The world is better run by illiterates than by these tards...

Hitler also read a lot, but mostly religious texts and woo. There's a book called Hitler's library if I am not mistaken.
Napoleon was another avid reader.

I'm starting to think the same.

Hitler's favorite author was someone who wrote the early 20th century equivalent of YAshit, literally books about cowboys.

Einstein loved Karl May to

Hitler had a library of some 10 thousand books apparently

Stalin wasn't a dictator. But you are right about he being a well read man.

obama of course

Mao. Wrote loads, poetry as well as prose. Even the h8rs appreciate his calligraphy.

Stalin wrote a respectable linguistics paper .

Turns out that cruelty is an effective means to scare people away from resisting.

Trotsky as a dictator would have been so fun. There'd be far less cruelty, but many more accidental deaths through his constant revolutionary policies in pursuit of the ultimate stateless communism.

Nigga I'm a literal tankie and I can admit that Stalin was a dictator. He just wasn't an entirely malevolent one.

>I'm a tankie and i would've liked to seen trotsky as a dictator
TROTSKYIST SCUM
GET
O U T

tfw he had a Hunan dialect so I can't understand any of his speakings despite being fluent in Mandarin

Bush

Eh, most Chinese people know that feel. Chiang Kaishek's hard to understand too, but maybe a bit easier than Mao.

Mussolini also wrote a Novel about a Romance between a Nun and a Priest

And poetry

Hitler carried Schopenhauer everywhere with him during WW1, it's definitely him.