What's the most scientific way to build a long wall?

What's the most scientific way to build a long wall?

Other urls found in this thread:

popsci.com/united-kingdom-solicits-laser-gun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diver_propulsion_vehicle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By making Mexico pay for it.

t. Donald Trump, PhD in Wall building

Walls are outdated shit. We should build a gravity well around Mexico. You can't avoid delta v.

Walls are shit because they don't tell you when someone climbs over it.

Smart fences would be much better.
Fences shake when you climb over them, that is something that you could detect.
There is the possibility of false positives from wind and such, but I assume those frequencies would be completely different so you can filter them out.

It's just an idea. Not sure if this could work or how much it would cost.

Another option would be autonomous drones.

I think you are a little mixed up on terminology.

I think you meant, "What's the most logical way to build a long wall?", since the goal of building a wall is not to gather data or test a hypothesis. There is no learning going on here. Instead, we are interested in pure functionality.

The most logical way to build the wall is as expensive as you can feasibly make it. We are talking huge up front costs and huge maintenances costs.

An untrained mind would think that sounds crazy, but I am sure you get it OP, right? (pic related)

>drones

What about a Motion Activated Gun Turret every few meters?

Put signs that read "if you cross this point you'll die" just before the no-go-zone, then shot at anything that moves, or is warm or that makes a sound trespassing the signs.
Tunnels can be detected pretty much in the same way with appropriate sensors, then you'll send a squad that blow it up.

>as expensive as you can feasibly make it

That's retarded.
You can use gold instead of concrete if you want to waste money.

>most logical way
Dude, there is a logical way to build a wall made of flowers too...

First you have to find out what's the most effective wall you can build; then you'll look at the less expensive way to build it; then you'll find a compromise that maintains the higher effectiveness with the lower costs. It's not rocket science but... oh wait!

I know you're being sarcastic, but not all drones are hunter-killers.

Border patrol already uses helis. It's pretty much the same thing, only better and cheaper.

>You can use gold instead of concrete if you want to waste money.

Wow! I cannot believe that I did not think of that. You are a goddamn genius! Gold! Gold is so simple and yet so brilliant. When you are right you are right! We do things in gold in the US. When people come to the US they think of gold, and, if they don't, they will certainly be thinking of gold after they got an eye full of our magnificent, glorious wall.

>you'll look at the less expensive way to build it

Woah, woah. Don't ruin this. That gold idea was genius. You made a great impression and set the bar. Just go ahead and stop while you are ahead. I will go ahead and just forget you said that.

>higher effectiveness with the lower costs

Okay, friend, I like you. I don't explicitly spell things out in public, because I don't usually need to. Alright, so this is the only time that I am going to do this for you.

Take a closer look at my original post, buddy. Do you know who that is? It's the legend! Our idol! The legend himself, Mr. Al-freaking-Capone! You getting this now?

Our buddies up in Chicago, the "contractors" don't get paid unless we have jobs. Those jobs better pay obscene amounts of money! You and I both know this wall is a joke. Who builds a fucking wall instead of some extra fencing and cheap drones?

Your not some cuck buddy. Get up to speed so we don't have to have this conversation out in front of all of these people again. Capisce?

Just draw a white line into the desert, observe it with satellites and automatically drone strike everyone who crosses it.

>> throw trash at turrets
>> turret shoots trash
>> repeat until turret runs out of bullets
>> cross border

Building a wall isn't science, it's engineering

>satellites

What about clouds?
Also I doubt drones can fly during a storm: what'd be the strongest wind they could manage?

>bullets

use a laser then:

popsci.com/united-kingdom-solicits-laser-gun

Anyway, when the turret shots the first bullet, a squad and/or a drone will be immediately dispatched to see what's going on. Or a satellite pointed at it, if possible. You just need a lot of men ready in case they trigger a lot of turrets.

Land mines

can be detected easily

By not building it. You would literally have the same outcomes and you'd save a boatload of money.

Rammed earth. Sturdy and cheap.

Use a 3D printer.

land mines

Border Patrol also already has drones. They've got ten or so modified MQ-9s that they use to patrol remote areas along the borders and over the oceans.

>over the oceans

Can they detect a scuba diver with a little propulsion vehicle?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diver_propulsion_vehicle

You have to go back

Deported lol

not if made out of plastic or glass

but i think that would be illegal somewhere in the genva convention

robot brickmason