/hairgen/ - ITT we try to solve male pattern baldness. Anatomy students welcome!

/hairgen/ - ITT we try to solve male pattern baldness. Anatomy students welcome!

Male pattern baldness affects every man. We must stop this epidemic and restore our pride. More than half of you on this board are on propecia - so why not actually do something and use those brains of yours to solve this enigma?

Here's some link with background and current research:

Defintion:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_hair_loss

Forefront of research and techniques
>hishairclinic.com/why-japan-will-be-first-to-market-with-new-hair-loss-cure/

What is DHT?
>bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm

OP here I have a few directions to take us. Since it has been found that high DHT levels cause DHT sensitive follicles to fall out and shrink. Do we regulate DHT levels? Do we find ways to metabolize it faster? Do we counteract it with estrogen? Propecia is not a solution to the problem because it causes other problems. Do we find a way to make more DHT receptors so as to "up/down regulate" hormone activity and sensitivity? Does anyone know of any enzyme that breaks down DHT?

Other urls found in this thread:

perfecthairhealth.com/men-stop-thinking-your-hair-loss-is-due-to-high-testosterone/
perfecthairhealth.com/the-ultimate-hair-loss-flowchart-why-we-lose-our-hair/
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2910384/No-man-wants-bald-Calum-Best-reveals-life-changing-results-forking-6-000-hair-transplant-says-won-t-rule-fourth.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>why not actually do something and use those brains of yours to solve this enigma?

Because I study pure mathematics lol.

That said, if you give me an axiomatic theory about baldness I could prove to you that a cure exists/doesn't exist.

You cut your losses (pun not intended) and shave your head then go on with your life, faggot. It's not like you lost your leg to diabeetus.

We could use you to analyze our logic and check for fallacies.
nihilist detected

Perhaps one of our questions should be, why don't women experience hair loss at an early age like men do? What is their hormone composition? Obviously they do not have high DHT levels, because they are pure estrogen. I have noticed it is usually the manliest of women who have noticeable hair loss.

Which culture in the world has the lowest incidence of hair loss? Maybe we could copy their diets.

>muh life is ruined because I got mildly less attractive in a way that is easily compensated for! Now I can't fuck any chick under 21 and am condemned to a life of looking like an alpha male instead of a beta twink.

Native Americans don't have it at all.
They also don't have body hair. Also, some men in the Dominican Republic don't get it because they lack 5-alpha-reductase, but they all have micropenises as a result.

Is it genetic for Native Americans or is it their diet of legumes? I would think estrogen has something to do with the fact their bodies are hair-less and they still have hair on their head. I mean, that's how I had a full head of hair when i was pre-pubescent. I actually lactated a little bit too when I was little, I wasn't even fat and my chest wasn't fat. I was very skinny and small, I can vouch it was because of abnormal estrogen levels. My hairline was that of a girls too, round and not an "M" shape.

>implying a receding hairline isn't the mark of an intelligent man

perfecthairhealth.com/men-stop-thinking-your-hair-loss-is-due-to-high-testosterone/

Here's an extensive explanation about imbalances in estrogen and testosterone.

There will be a cure in 2018. Until that baldies can shave their heads or use a wig.

that still looks like shit, I can see his scalp behind the row of hairs he got implanted on his hairline

perhaps it is not one factor, perhaps hair loss differs between person to person and can be a result of diet, genetics, inflammation

perfecthairhealth.com/the-ultimate-hair-loss-flowchart-why-we-lose-our-hair/

Is there a diet that acts as an analgesic on your body? (anti-inflammatory effects)

It's not a hair transplant, you fucking idiot. It's a wig. You can't see his scalp on the right side image.

yes i fucking can do i need to outline it for you

Go ahead, buddy. Show me the parts where his scalp is visible in the photo on the right. You can circle them in MS Paint or something.

What's better for a bald head: squarish, egg shaped, or round?

Masculine face, wide frame, at least 6 feet tall

the cure lies in genetically manipulating the number of DHT receptors. How do you manipulate these receptors? By Down-regulating them. It would be interesting to see what would happen to these receptors if we localized an increase of DHT in the scalp - and because of nature - the receptors would decrease in number. possibly a cure without direct genetic manipulation.

I've got that I guess

NW2 and I'm fully expecting to need to shave it at some point in my late 20's

you need to learn how to be more judgmental with people's hair

I would rather wear hats more often than go through the trouble of that wig shit

As I said, that is NOT his scalp. It's a wig. What you see is probably lace.

scalp, lace whats the fucking difference if i think its his scalp. suck me bich

Perhaps we should create a master flow chart for treatment of the disorder - the final treatment being genetic manipulation obviously.

I say start with Nioxin Dandruff shampoo and conditioner to address the problem of inflammation.

Step two would be go to a dermatologist and force them to check the micribiome of your scalp in case of fungal infections, etc. Prescription ketoconazole usually clears that up.

Apparently you can bypass the doctor if you find an independent medical lab and ask them if they will do a skin fungal test.

Cut your dick.

why?

Dont even care if you can see part of his scalp. I would drop $15000 in a heart beat if meant keeping hair like this instead of having a shaved head or bald.

What people are not told about hair transplant is that hair follicle you used will die on the top of your head because the conditions that are killing the follicles will kill the implants again. Thus reducing your hair follicle count. And then you keep getting transplants until you are completely hopelessly bald. It is not a long term solution. Many celebrities get yearly transplants because it is not permanent.

Not to discredit you, but google says otherwise

Help me Veeky Forums, this will be a matter if I should be on suicide watch for all of my 20s.

So here is how I plan to solve my hair loss:

ADDRESSING SCALP INFLAMMATION
1. restore microbiome: Go take lab test for the skin on my scalp and address each problem, taking tests again to see results and presence of fungus etc.

2. Restore scalp moisture:
use more expensive shampoos with natural ingredients. use shampoo every other day, shower with only water on all other days.

ADDRESSING CALCIFICATION OF THE SCALP
3. Purchase special hair brush specifically made to massage scalp. This will eventually break up the calcification of the blood vessels, hopefully this doesnt cause a blood clot.

ADDRESSING ANDROGEN RECEPTORS:
4. Since genetic manipulation is not a practical solution and propecia is not worth it, I will have a diet of pumpkin seeds because apparently they have antagonist properties towards DHT, thus reducing it. (DHT levels will also reduce because DHT is concentrated on inflammated tissue, and from the shampoo, DHT would doubly decrease)

ADDRESSING FIBROSIS AND SCAR TISSUE
5. Because scar tissue is hard to heal, most people will never see hair again because of scar tissue. But thanks to the user who posted the article from JAPAN and the stem cell research, our final question has been answered. For $1000 you can grow new hair follicles that can be implanted. I would do this last, after all these other conditions have been met because I'm sure the scalp conditions would kill the new follicles in a few years all over again and you wasted 1000 dollars. But thank god, we are in the future now. Hair loss can be cured.!

In conclusion, if you somehow find a way like I did to address all these problems, theoretically you should be cured especially with the new upcoming JAPAN technique. It will be quiet expensive, but worth it user. God speed to all of you that heed my advice. The only thing I did not address was the testosterone and estrogen imbalance. No Idea how to solve that.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2910384/No-man-wants-bald-Calum-Best-reveals-life-changing-results-forking-6-000-hair-transplant-says-won-t-rule-fourth.html

I know its daily mail

but yea sorry dude anyone telling you that transplants last long are lying. if you take a look at the pictures of the celebrity, he purposely shaves the sides of his head thin so as not to attract attention for how many follicles he lost on the sides of his head.

But he says the actual transplant hair is not falling out. That would just mean i have to wait till im 30, when most of bad hair has fallen. And my genes only have a receding hairline, and the side and back hair dont fall.

Wow but you guys are insecure. Do you really want to look the same as some arrogant twenty-year-young retard kid that is too stupid to have any idea how stupid he is?

I dont remember where i heard this but i heard it was because of shampoo. Idk if this is true or not

>restore our pride
And our manes, right?

I'm thinking about buying a centrifuge so I can do /diy/ platelet rich plasma therapy.

My interpretation of the whole thing is that head baldness gives some evolutionary advantages in northern countries where not much sunlight is available for the skin to produce vitamin D.

what kind of setup would u need for this

jump on hgh or deal with the fact that you're going to look marginally smarter in a lab coat

I don't mind getting bald, really, but I just wanted to experience it when I'm 40, just like my father did, not 15 years earlier. But I guess being a skinhead makes me less prone to contaminating stuff in the lab.

Tranny here (and hence anti-androgen expert). You have three choices a) block DHT from the androgen receptors b) stop testosterone from being converted to DHT or c) lower testosterone levels. a) Is achieved with finasteride, an enzyme inhibitor, b) is achieved with bicalutamide or flutamide which blocks the androgen receptors and c) is achieved with cyproterone acetate which reduced testosterone production.

I thought my brain was increasing in size, then I realized I was in fact, balding.