Just crushed a short semester on CALC ii, what should I expect from CALC III...

Just crushed a short semester on CALC ii, what should I expect from CALC III? Is it so much more difficult or is akin to Calc ii where it feels like were just adding more to our arsenal? Anythings to watch out for? Recommended reading/watching?

Also in all my courses we've skipped conics as a topic should I get a brief rundown on them before i start? (Monday)

Do you mind telling me what your syllabus was in Calc II? My uni's calc II is mostly integrals and some theorems but it seems like many other universities cover series in calc II.

Analytic geometry is trivial and pretty tedious. I'd recommend finding a non-brainlet source and keep it as a reference guide for when you need it in the future.

That's what I do.

>it seems like many other universities cover series in calc II.

Not OP but my university did cover series in Calc 2.

>Just crushed a short semester on CALC ii, what should I expect from CALC III
an easier class

Most universities do series in calc II. It's not necessary to do it in this order (I know of one or two calculus texts that actually begin with sequences/series even before they start talking about functions) but it's definitely uncommon; most places I've seen put it at the end of the calc II semester.

Calc 2 sets you up for multivariate and ode.

Those classes use tools developed in Calc 2 to look at each subject in more detail.

Some unis call Calc 3 multivariable, some call it ode. They can be taken concurrent.

The differentiation of Logarithms, Exponents, inverse trig functions, LHospitals rule, Techniques of integration (trig subs, trig integrals, int. By parts, PFD), Surface Area via revolution, Curve Lengths, Centroids, calculus w/ parametric equations, calc with polar equations, Sequences and Series and i think thats about everything

Is this for fucking real? We have to take five semesters of analysis. In the second we covered everything from series to calculus of variations and in the third we started at measure theory, lebesgue integral, classical theory of line and surface integral climaxing with differential forms, their integration and the generalized stokes theorem.

Are you cucks actually doing taylor expansions and integration in your SECOND semester? This is new low for american education.

Oh I forgot, we also took uniform convergence of sequences and series and spent good two weeks on lebesgue spaces in the third semester.

>he thinks infinite series analysis is exclusive to taylor expansions
>he thinks every high school offers calculus
>he thinks vector calculus is advanced
>he thinks he's got lebesgue integration in the bag after 2 weeks

>after two weeks
You better take that back you fucking double nigger. Test me if you want to, grandmaster. I literally fucking proved Vitali's covering theorem and more this morning in my oral exam.

>5 semesters of analysis
Good to hear that your analysis class is fast paced but it sounds like you haven't dabbled in any other fields.

>vector calculus
If you unironically took a course that called it like this, you're a brainlet attending trash tier university for retards. "Vector Calculus" to differential forms is like calculus to papa rudin, fucknugget.

Well, I study physics. We also had the standard two semesters of linear algebra. All the other math not mentioned in analysis (group theory, discrete math, etc.) is generally covered briefly to the necessary applicable lengths in the physics courses. But to be honest, the anal-pounding analysis every semester is more than enough, to be honest.

getting awfully defensive about your intellectual superiority there yuropoor

Yeah, my ego is huge after enduring all of the mentioned stuff.

>thinks he's a genius because he "endured" a couple of lectures on differential forms

Noone cares about how you took some gay crash course online you fuckin muslim

What's your cred cuck

at the end of the day you're still a gay bitch undergrad so yaint smart

True, but I enjoy the fact that my courseload is one of the most intensive ones in the world and feel superior thanks to it.

>my courseload is one of the most intensive ones in the world

>t. gaygineer

It's all they have since Abdul is taking their women too.

bump
my thread shouldn't die because of european autists
Any advice is welcome

>LHospitals rule
wew lad

Assuming your school is like mine

Calc I is limits, derivatives, integration and some applications.
Calc II is integration by parts/inverse hyperbolic shit, sequences, series, like half a second of parametric equations as well
Calc III is Vector Calculus, stokes theorem, Greens theorem, curve integrals, line integrals, a bunch of cool shit.

first year i did derivatives, integrals, and series, second year parametric functions, double/triple integrals, (still more than half the years grades remaing in terms of %)

>Calc I is limits, derivatives, integration and some applications

But this is taught in high school

I wish

It is. Even Calculus 2 in some cases.

Lol what u taking and where

Calc III is basically useless. It's just extending Calc I and II into the x,y,z plane, which if you're smart enough to go higher in math you can just figure out yourself or read in a book. Don't pay for this goy course.

It's not even required for the analysis series, diffeqs, or any higher level math path.

Tf where I'm from that's intro calc 2

Applied sciences don't need to know a lot of that stuff. Since its wasteful to have 2 different analysis progressions, colleges offer 1. Then as a math major, you take real analysis to rigorously show many results from the previous 4.