Hey guys...

Hey guys, what is the most interesting point in Spanish / south American literature (preferably theatre and poetry) to study. I have to do a comparative dissertation, so ideally will be looking at 3/4 (at least) different artists from the same period. Will be reading the texts in Spanish btw, so translation won't be an issue (as it always is)

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_latinoamericano
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_latinoamericano

Borges?

>le ebin Boom meme

Lee autores del Siglo de Oro. Si de verdad quieres hacer algo del Boom, sal de la zona de confort de Gabo, Vargas Llosa y Cortazar.

non linear plot structures in latin american boom authors. cortazar's hopscotch, any mario vargas llosa's conversation in the cathedral, find 2 others.

I've read some borges short stories, and found them enthralling, but I'm still unsure whether the complexity of his writing necessarily makes it good, or whether it's just complex for the sake of being complex. That said I massively enjoyed reading him

Quién recomendarías?

you could throw in the secret miracle by borges, it's something of a nonlinear plot structure, but only for one guy.

throw in Aura by Carlos Fuentes where a guy sort of becomes an old man through reading about him or some shit like that, i don't totally remember.

which in that case is not just a non-linear plot structure, but more about latin american authors playing on temporality.

There's Augusto Roa Bastos, Ernesto Sabato, Lezama Lima, Carlos Fuentes, Salvador Elizondo, Juan Rulfo, Miguel Ángel Asturias.

Good recs user

I'd add José Donoso, who coined the term Boom, and also Macedonio Fernandez who mentored Borges

Check out Contador Velasco's Archbishop de Éboli and El Buscon by Villegas

XVI century mysticism maybe?

>lorca
>not shit

Try Roberto Arlt, along with Sabato and Bioy Casares

Check out Jorge Luis Borges. He is very based and very red-pilled.

Follow the recs of this wise user OP.

The only problem with Macedonio Fernandez would be getting the books. Isn't? He's not widely edited.

If you don't mind he writes in French, Fernando Arrabal writes an excellent, yet weird, theather. He has written both theather, poetry and novels, so it could work for ya

i don't see how he is worse than rimbaud from the thread below this

Go with Osvaldo Lamborghini, Cesar Aira and Rodolfo Fogwill

que hace bolo

Bien wach@, y vo?