Tfw you paid £9,000 per year for a Professor to ask you: "What did he mean by this?" over and over again

>tfw you paid £9,000 per year for a Professor to ask you: "What did he mean by this?" over and over again

What did he mean by this?

>tfw you get paid £9,000 per year to shitpost irl.

>tfw I live in a time and place in human history where I can be as unbelievably fucking autistic and socially retarded as I am, and instead of having to hammer and flay myself into shape to be able to cope with normie society, I can instead SUPERCHARGE my autism, spend all day every day reading obscure Hegelian essays about the essence of essences and what did he mean by this? when I'm too fucking stupid and autistic to even be able to buy new pants because I'm too scared to go to the department store and ask how to try on the pants because I'm pretty sure the clerk will laugh at me for being a grown man and not knowing that already, and there are actual prestigious institutions that will pay me money to do this even though I only own two pairs of pants and I don't groom myself
>tfw I literally get paid to perpetuate and even worsen my less than childlike levels of social functioning because I write essays about what some dead dude said to some other dead dude

>>tfw you paid £9,000 per year for a Professor to ask you: "What did he mean by this?" over and over again
what did he mean by this?

we truly live in amazing times

i have mini panic attacks when i get out of bed in the morning because i don't like the feeling of leaving my house. i also get full tuition coverage because i know how to analyze social theory texts.

He gets paid way more than that. I'm a second year teacher in a shitty school district with lower-than average pay compared to nearby districts, and I make the equivalent of nearly £33000 a year (before taxes, that is).

I'm in a similar situation and it's comfy as fuck to read all day and get paid for it. I don't even read all that much and it feels weird to know that PhDs in the past were written by old people who studied their entire lives and put in hard work to write something worth studying for decades to come while my paper will be forgotten as soon as I gdt my diploma.

I didn't. I did STEM like a reasonable human being.

How do I get in?

>implying I don't have the GI bill
Thanks for paying for my school you cucks.

Second guy here. It depends on your situation, I just studied well while getting my Bachelor's and Master's and then passed the exam for getting a PhD (I came up with a project and passed the required exams). I was lucky because there wasn't much competition so I got the only government grant that was on offer. It's not a lot, but it is enough since I live with my parents abd am basically a shut-in manchild. I suppose having a nanny state helped along the way since uni was free (despite mediocre grades in highschool) and I even got a grant from time to time. It helped that not a lot of people study philosophy so the standards were pretty low (I was a bit of an apathic loser in highschool).

>tfw I am German and pay nothing
Such is the life

>I am German
I'm so sorry you were born that way. God is truly cruel sometimes.

>tfw you live in a social democracy so you're paid a stipend for studying

French here, same. I even get a small allowance for studying and my uni flat rent is ridiculously low

>how to try on the pants
What does this even mean. you don't understand how to put on pants?

>tfw once you leave school you will have to pay taxes out your arse

Go to a better school.

>yfw Americans think 120k student debt is preferable to 40% income tax

Such as? I know people from all over the world and everyone has the same opinion. I'm starting to believe that the people who say this are new to university, and are not yet jaded.

I live in NA, I'm just certain a better school must exist. Look for a smaller university with discussion and research based courses.

Aren't basically all undergrad courses like this with the exception of some 4th year courses?