I ordered an old fashion at a well known steakhouse tonight.. the waiter mentioned that was a "good winter drink"...

I ordered an old fashion at a well known steakhouse tonight.. the waiter mentioned that was a "good winter drink". wtf would you order in summer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJV-O1e10z8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like a lager or something

moscow mule

Mojito

mojito
margarita
daiquiri
literally so many

>waiter
>relevant opinions
choose one

water

Gin and tonic with mint and cucumber

OP here.. thanks. Veeky Forumss

Pimms

drink piss all year err' day

Weißbier

Brandy Old Fashioneds are good year round. They're the fishing cocktail around here.

Summer drinks are just your tropical fruity drinks.

The idea is that there is a cocktail for every feeling and every daily timeslot in every season.

a newfangled

Bourbon in cold weather, gin or rum in warm.

It's a good drink any day of the year.

As far as summer specific drinks go, I'd usually order a mule, a dark and stormy, or a caiprinha.

mint julep.

A flatliner;

1 jigger sambuca
1 shot gold tequila
3 dashes Tabasco® sauce

That sounds terrible.

came to post this. but I'll drink them all year since they're based as fuck

>mfw drinking a weiznhoibe

Sangria

>based as fuck
back to redit, underage

>mom i posted it again!

Good choice OP old fashioned is a GOAT drink. All day every day.

Under rated

Vodka, water, lime juice. Ice.

Bourbon, coke, ices cubes.

Either something from the collins family or a Manhatten. Likely a Manhatten.

This is the patrician answer.

Coke zero and whiskey

What's a good wheat beer for one who's not particularly into weißbier

delirium

Wisconsin here. Never had one before. Never heard of them until a couple months ago when I was listening to a Lewis Black standup. How tasty are they? Is the liquor over-powering? I don't really like straight liquor.

Weihenstephaner or Ayinger

>I don't really like straight liquor.

It's strong. You should chat up a bartender. Really good ones will help you find drinks that fit you well. I was shy about this for a long time but once I got over it, I ended up trying a ton of cool new shit.

Fucking hell you're a retard.
>Mint Julep
>Surfer on Acid
retarded name, amazing drink, Jaeger, white rum, pineapple juice
>John Daly
Arnold Palmer and vodka
>Mojito
>Mules of any kind
>Dark and Stormy

Also I invented a summer drink that's god tier, it's Chardonnay, Vodka and Blueberry Lemonade. Throw some frozen blueberries in the cup, blend it if you want it frozen.

Schneiderweiße is the king of weißbier.
Unertl does some good ones 2, everything else is a compromise

>wtf would you order in summer

Tom Collins

OHHHH YESSSS TCs are my fucking shit in the summer man.

the "I hate myself but I know what I like" variant of the bloody mary:
8cl clove infused gin
1 dash tabasco
1 dash bulldog sauce
fill the rest with tomato juice

This. An amazing, refreshing whiskey treat.

youtube.com/watch?v=gJV-O1e10z8

So lemon. Much good.

Ayinger

>tomato juice

>I ordered an old fashion at a well known steakhouse tonight.. the waiter mentioned that was a "good winter drink". wtf would you order in summer?
Waiter is a dummy, first off, just realize he's a jerk. You order some old time recipes when you're doing a steakhouse traditional meal sometimes. It even has citrus.

Maybe you want a summery cocktail when you're eating lighter, doing something out in the sun, dining al fresco, you know? But, you're food pairing too, not just drinking. Some of the summeriness is cutting back on alcohol, but, do you want that? I can drink my water just fine. I want a drink that gets a little buzz before I start my meal.

go-to summer beer

unless I'm fishing. Then it's Nordeast

>It's strong.
Damn. If it's 50% liquor or less I can drink it. Not overly fond of strong drinks, though. I like them sweet.

fucking radlers man, they hit the right spot every time

Oh. Forgot to ask about whiskey sours. Googled this recipe and it sounds delicious.

A Dorian Gray.

Worth a giggle.

bunch of betacuck hard alcohofags.

drink beer only and maybe your test will rise above a the levels of a 12 year old girls

Wtf is a Dorian gray

that is how a Bloody Mary is made, if it doesn't have tomato and vodka or gin it's not a bloody mary
>inb4 Clammato
That's a bloody Caesar

Whiskey sours ARE really tasty. Funnily enough, it's my Wisconsin friend's go-to.

There was a time when I got a little too drunk and asked the bartender if he could make me a drink that tasted like candy. "I thought you'd never ask!" was his response, and he made me a drink that tasted EXACTLY like hawaiian punch. Shit was dangerously good. Dunno what it was called, though.

Margarita
Mojito
French 75
Most gin-based drinks
Most tequila-based drinks

I know, I just absolutely despise tomato juice, or anything with tomatoes really, except tomato soup.
A shame, because I'd really want to try a Bloody Mary.

Muddle cucumbers, strawberries and ice. Gin. Lemon juice. Simple syrup. Soda water. Floater of prosecco. Sprig of mint.

Mmm baby. But is there really a need for syrup with the strawberries, prosecco, and cucumber?

I hate tomato juice, and thus don't like BMs despite loving vodka. I just don't understand the point of your original post...
You hate tomatoes? So what?

Ironically hops are filled with estrogen

>I just don't understand the point of your original post...
You hate tomatoes? So what?
The point was that I don't like tomatoe juice.
Someone posted a recipe for a Bloody Mary which contained Tomato juice and I posted a reaction image which expressed my disgust for aforementioned fluid substance.
'Twas a more or less funny little reaction to something i don't like, no ulterior motives involved.

Now please let me continue being drunk and not think about stuff so hard.

also, follow up question: im assuming you shake and strain the cucumbers, strawberries, gin, ice, and lemon juice after muddling? I suppose you could keep it in the drink but, unlike blackberries, I've found that strawberries aren't great when left muddled in the drink.

What do you do?

>except tomato soup.
do what I did while hung over one morning
>open can of soup
>fill empty can with vodka gin and left over white wine
>microwave till warm
>eat with spoon and some crackers

>microwave
>a can
Yea bullshit.

Tentacle

hehe

A sour or a collins

this

Mai Tai!

Since you're in Wisconsin they might give you a brandy old-fashioned instead if you order one because it's some sort of thing up there. A brandy old-fashioned is sweeter and less strong.