Tsm: A more efficient language

Did you know there are about 1 million words in the English language? Yet, using the latin alphabet (26 letters), we could form a total of 308 million diferent 6 letter words. What does that mean? The English language is highly inefficient!

Hereby I propose a new, efficient language: Tsm.

With only 7 different letters, each and every Tsm word will be up to 7 characters long. That way we are able to accomodate a 10 million word lexicon.

Why use Tsm? Fewer letters and smaller words will mean more efficient communication. Keyboards will be way smaller too.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm_dS-wEFvs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasigraphy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tsm more like autism amirite

Will it be more beautiful language?

>we could form a total of 308 million diferent 6 letter words
including such evocative words as
>hhhhhh
>lxrxgr
>vagina

Unless you wanna figure out how to pronounce qlkbtr, you're basically just have a logographic system

Will STEM fags ever realize how retarded they are? That they've literally been brainwashed? That they're just pieces of machine? That they've become one with the assembly line?

Do you think they realize this?

>The English language is highly inefficient
literally who cares

We don't, generally

Undercooked toast

more like autsm

nice

>increase the number of words by a factor of 300
>efficient

It would be more efficient to eliminate words and simplify grammar.

t. Big Brother

I remember the first time I tried acid. My girlfriend and I came to a similar conclusion regarding the inefficiency of the English language. Together, we pioneered a new language consisting entirely of the word "Bol." Using different tones to give context, we could quickly and effortlessly convey a wide range of ideas and emotions.

And then we sobered up and got a fucking clue. I suggest you do the same.

I just read 1984 no

More like AUtsm

Amirite folks high five

Are the vowels A U and I, as in AUtIsm?

Yeah waddap bedumtss

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm_dS-wEFvs

No silly, each tool has only one use and everything should go more quickly and more effectively. Getting the most done in the shortest time is what science helps us to do lol.

Humans are like weather, you may be able to predict something in the near future if you can find which variable will slightly dominate the others, but both humans and the global weather system have a virtually infinite number of variables and any omission or slight mistake in the weight of a variable fugs your whole system up.

>Either use normal language you neurotypicals
>or Tsm

ghjkgh dtrhnm uztzut jbhkko autist faggot

Now I understand this board

You're all grandstanding because you got literature degrees and this is the only place you feel relevant

You could make 10 million words with 1 letter.too
1. a
2. aa
3. aaa
4. aaaa

Stop with this idea.

Have fun waiting centuries for your idea to even gain any sort of considerable attention, if you can even get it started.

>the people who spoke Lain and the people who speak English are the same. They have the same thoughts and idea, they both want to convey the same things.
>The Latin speakers need a theoretical 308 million words to convey these things
>The English speakers need 1 million words to convey these things
>English is able to convey the same range of things which Latin can express using approximately 307 million fewer words
>Yet English is inefficient

You what?

You'd have to actually start designing language then and lots of people have tried that and gotten some support.

That's what esperanto is, after all. Language defines itself over and over again through everyone who uses it, so no matter what 'efficiency' you think the language needs or whatever you think language needs someones going to add some bullshit.

It's why newspapers are written on an 8th grade level. Essentially most journalists are YA non-fiction writers.

Why limit the length of words to seven characters? That's not how human language and concept formation usually work - there isn't any pre-established limit. Also, that would give you around 7^7 = 820,000 unique words, not 10 million. On another note, I'm not sure you could accommodate and differentiate between all the possible affixes in or language in that way, while still also allowing things like common roots.

TSM more like auTiSM

>7^7 = 820,000

Post this on Veeky Forums to be bullied like never before

lol how do you come up with this stuff

that's some quality bait, from the name (tsm > autism) to the "STEM masterrace" undertones

Sounds a little...auTiSMal

this is bait of quality decent enough for me respond.

basically this the dumbest shit ive seen all day
>more words
>more efficient
English already has so many words that its easy for people to misspeak if not careful; the best way to make language more efficient would be to decrease the amount of words needed to communicate something - synonyms and too many tenses are not a good thing

Alright, let's begin.

Cases We Probably Need for Nouns:

Definiteness(*)
- Definite
- Indefinite
Number
- Singular
- Plural
Sex(‡)
- Male
- Female
- Neuter
- Inanimate

(*) No definite or indefinite article, word endings can imply this. See Norwegian for examples.

(‡) There can be pronouns, but we should imply them by noun endings, so they are redundant unless a sentence has no noun (e.g. "I am running" has a pronoun as the subject).

What about pronouns for oblique cases?

Of course, unless we make the verb ending imply the subject.

Number
- Singular
- Plural

why stop there? polish has a thing where there is a singular case, then a plural case but only from amounts of 2-4 and then a plural case for amounts of 5 and upwards

Anyone else read pic related and laughing at every single fucking reply to this thread?
>redundancy
>bad

nice

The major problem with the english language is that the orthography needs updating to get rid of the tremendously stupid spellings carried over from french, there's no need to make the spoken language more 'efficient', whatever that means.

*spelling rules, just to be clear

a aaa aa aa aaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

That's retarded

good point, having letters with more consistent pronunciation is basically the same as having one letter

I like the idea of this, but it will never work.
Language grows organically over hundreds of years. Languages are only codified in retrospect. Those who write dictionaries never invent a single word that doesn't have a linguistic origin. Language is beautiful and varied for a reason.

No, those spellings are very useful to detect and ostracize illiterate plebs

Oddly reminiscent of 1984... good luck with your new language, buddy

I don't get it. Does Veeky Forums not like rounding?

No, YOU'RE a faggot.

no they're bad because they give try hard retards who go to community college something to be smug about

there is no "problem" at all, english speaking children acquire the spelling just fine and there are much more complex orthographic systems that still pose no major difficulty for learners

getting rid of historical spelling removes etymological and cultural information and lessens the cultural connect with other european languages. there is also no reason to assume that a purely phonetic writing system is the most logical - you could just as well devise a system that goes all the way in the other direction and writes meaning instead of sounds

>there is no "problem" at all, english speaking children acquire the spelling just fine and there are much more complex orthographic systems that still pose no major difficulty for learners

t. didn't go to a public school

I'm with you, OP. It's time for science to take it over and actually optimize language in a logical way. Don't know if the liberal arts brainlets are gonna be happy about it, though

i mean the fact that you're a nazi sort of comes through in your post but as not a nazi i think it would be good if english was easier to pick up and could not give less of a shit about preserving the 'cultural connection' to european languages

Esperento.

is a conlang

I don't think what you're trying to create is technically a language.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasigraphy

But some 6 letter combinations like 'zxtmpl' are unaesthetic and stupid.

Efficient langauges are for computers, we should be striving to make english less dreary to speak.