Because of the incredible number of coincidences in my life and the sacred geometry patterns I sometimes see against...

Because of the incredible number of coincidences in my life and the sacred geometry patterns I sometimes see against white walls and bright lights, I wonder if I'm dead or in a simulation or i never recovered from that overdose I had and I'm in a coma

I wondered how I could reassure myself that what's going on is real, and I couldn't think of any reason

I'm really scared

I might be seeing patterns in my life that aren't there but what if they're real and my life is being made up or manipulated FUCK

any book recommendations to get my head sorted, Veeky Forums? Some reassurance

Start with the Greeks

On a serious note, why does that scare you? What difference does it make if this is all just happening in your head? Personally I kinda hope that's true.

I don't want to be in a coma or dead

Descartes's Meditations.

However going through philosophy's period of fascination of how do we know what we know might not be the most helpful since you have this emotion attached to the idea, and that should be dealt with first.

I'd recommend staying hydrated, working out, and learning how to focus on breathing so that you can manually calm yourself and get immediate relief.

Also, there is a reason to doubt your own doubts. Some questions are stupid to ask. For example, do you have a concrete definition of the word real in mind when you ask this question? If you don't then how will you know when you have found an answer? What if words like real are very vague and horrible at conveying meaning and that is what is causing this confusion, and fear, for you?

tldr; honestly things are fine man, don't worry

Why not? If it's experientially indistinguishable, why care?

Thanks for the advice, it's really helpful

I'm prone to panic attacks and extreme worrying, I need to learn how to manage it

read jung brother

he'll tell you those coincidences and patterns are messages from your unconscious

>hallucinations
>needs reassurances about what is real
>Really scared
>thinks his life is being manipulated

user, just gonna tell you that you might have schizophrenia.

Phillip k dick

VALIS

Seriously man learn to breath slowly.

Imagine there is a feather under your nose and you cant move it, and you can only breath through your nose. You have to do it very slowly and gently.

This will do two things. One, it'll keep your mind focused on something that is physical so it will be hard to wander to another thought, and two, it will bring down your heart rate which will level you out.

Also pro tip, I used to go through rolling panic attacks and one night said fuck it and just let it happen without resisting.

Surprise, nothing happened. Panic attacks went down in frequency immensely after that. Not saying you have to do it but it is an option.

>imagine there is a feather under your nose

But I like tickles

How do you know that Veeky Forums isn't actually just part of a virtual reality.

You base your reality off of shit that Veeky Forums says.

Therefore if someone were to set up your computer with a complex program that posts stuff to manipulate your brain and sex drive to see whatever reality it wants you to see,

you'd be fucked.

You'll be fine though. Read the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea.

And don't be afraid to trip balls. Do the opposite of what people tell you to do. Find all the voices in your head and figure out what their names are and then write down what they say to eachother and then publish it.

this nigga is a robot, watch out for these.

Philosophy isn't useful when shit hits the fan. Don't listen to these philosophy types. They're too in their own heads to tell when their getting ass fucked.

I don't have any voices in my head

the whole universe revolves around you OP

Lucky bastard.

>I wondered how I could reassure myself that what's going on is real, and I couldn't think of any reason
are you smart enough and creative enough to create with your mind all the wonders of science and humanity you see on a daily basis? your mind has created every great work of art, literature and music you see, read and hear? your mind constructed every cathedral and temple? go to the mountains or snorkel at a tropical reef and tell me your mind came up with every peak or neon fish.

I fuckin hope you're not that'd mean I am

See, that's what I thought. But then what if it's not me and it's some sort of simulation or afterlife I've been put in.

then but if you're in a sim it's a damn good one because i'm self aware, and if it's the afterlife then you don't have to worry about death or insanity, so that's a win.

Well no because sims and afterlives have limits that reality wouldn't.

The Universe is literally GodSimulator1.0™
You just gotta get used to how uncanny reality is, cope with it, and if you're lucky you can even thrive within it.

such as?

>tfw you realize Uncle Fester looks exactly like Foucault

holy wew

Not only that but Lloyd's makeup, countenance and portrayal is contemporaneous with an age-forwarded, fully AIDS'd out Foucault who managed to survive somehow

who knows, but there's a possibility.