Which books written this year will be remembered decades from now?

Which books written this year will be remembered decades from now?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/list/show/20.Best_Books_of_2006
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tortilla McCorncob's new book, whenever it comes out.

thx 4 the memez

Jerusalem

My diary, published after my death

Translated to English this year. This will still be read in a hundred years.

10/10

the only culture from 2016 worth looking at is weird indie music and even that scene is dying

The only book that made me feel bad for a whole country. All Spaniards should an-hero

np lad. I also believe Lionel Shriver's new novel will be studied just because of how ambitious and political it is.

get the fuck out of here lmao

Pond by Claire Louise Bennet has been getting a ton of hype, I haven't read it yet but someone on here said it was good. I'm gonna pick a copy soon, I haven't kept up with contemporary literature in years and I am curious to get back to it.

Rec me other popular literary fiction, I've heard a lot of good stuff about Ben Lerner, Mathias Enard, and John Keene.

>The On Edge

I legitimately think this is a contender - realistically. It is accessible with a decent amount of artistic credibility, written by a (relatively) well known public figure. It's been described as Dostoevsky by way of 30 Rockefeller Centre. Maybe it wont be on high school reading lists but I think it will become one of those cult pieces that will have a devoted following for decades to come.

Plus, Norm has said that he wants to be remembered as an author and that he plans on writing three more books. If those are any good then people might look back on this one with even more fondness.

What's it about and what kind of style would you put it under (Any influences)?

Not a single one.

if you like norm macdonald so much, why dont you just pull out his hot cock and tug the seed out of the man?

you're a real jerk

bump

re: Italian culture I believe Elena Ferrante will still be read/studied in 30/40 years, if only because contemporary Italian literature has sucked beyond belief since the 70s.

Lerner is hype, particularly his poetry

Mine

Its a story about the son of a communist sympathizer in Spain who takes part in the capitalist raping of his country and then feels pretty bad about it. Hilarity ensues.

I'll look into it, thanks

This desu, it'll always be floating around as one of those Illuminatus-type weird guy manifestos

I sincerely doubt it.

my diary provided i live a normal lifespan

my nigga, Norm is quite obviously well versed in Russian literature and strikes me as somewhat of an Absurdist. Also just an incredibly funny read, that inverts a lot of tropes of the typical celebrity memoir.

The only safe answer is Bottom's Dream. The German one was already remembered decades later, so this is a pretty sure bet.

Act 8 of My Diary (being written 2008-present) desu

Probably this book. I was sceptical initially, but it is a hilarious piece of satire.

bump

Spanish 2007 recession from the point of view of a carpenter of a small village.

Uses several techniques, most notably a biblical stream of conciousness that reads like long uncut sermons. It's an interesting blend of realism with more modern narrative strategies.

Added to my backlog.

Dubs = truth

goodreads.com/list/show/20.Best_Books_of_2006

Feel old yet?

Came here to post this.

Then you haven't read it