So you guys are good with statistics, right? Does this need to be updated/improved?

So you guys are good with statistics, right? Does this need to be updated/improved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AAaDgWXjHdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It should be thrown out. The entire tiers can be more easily explained like this

"things I know about"
"things I know nothing about"

Apart from the fact it's utterly retarded, what makes it even moree retarded is the fact that Geophysics pops up twice; Geophysics is in both God tier and good tier - why?

Do you think it's possible to make a somewhat accurate and concise chart ranking degrees on their value based on current income, job availability, etc. based on the most recent statistics?

I'm geologist. got a job at engineering firm a month before i graduated. Now I'm doing a part time masters in applied math. Geo is a nice career. I'm sleepy....

Proud computer engineer reporting in

actual tier list coming through

The problem with such a chart is it completely ignores the importance of such fields. For example, take Geography. You clearly have no fucking clue whatsoever what life changing shit is going on right now in geography if you think it's shit tier and I would like you to imagine where we would be without the arts, education, or transportation.

This is just mental masturbation by idiots to feel better about their life choices.

This'll help a bit
youtube.com/watch?v=AAaDgWXjHdY

>tfw I think im the only Petroleum E. in 4chinz

>petroleum engineering post-crash

how old is the actual chart

Electrical engineering is truly top tier. Closest thing you can get to actually learning a fucking trade in UNI (i.e real fucking skills and not bullshit theory crap that you can't apply IRL).

tfw linguistics major

feels bad man

But Mathematics isn't that high on payscale. Actuarial science is and no you can't easily become a CA with just a math degree. This list is dishonest.

What kind of job pays so highly for a fucking degree in maths?

If you want to exit physics with just a bachelor degree you are a complete moron or you are OK with teaching HS for the rest of your life. The same with math. Both fields are so huge that bachelor is literally to chose what you want to study further.

I think that list is based on payscale postgrad level degrees as well. It's about the same order anyway.

There are other bachelor exit options besides HS, but yeah not a STEM job and definitely not higher salaries.

I wouldn't say people are with only foundation bachelors are morons the postgrad level exit job market is really bad right now, both research and academia is extremely competitive and most people doing postgrad right now are wasting their time and money. If you don't have a professional engineering degree you might just be better off doing a non-STEM career than gradschool meme at bachelor exit.

the only "unbelievable tier"s are: math, physics, biomedical engineering, electrical/computer engineering, computer science, and aerospace (astro preferably, but aeronautical is good too)

Lolno. Physics nope and biomedical and CS is shit tier.

High tier: what you are interested in
Low tier: what you aren't interested in
Shit tier: what your parents forced you to do

user, no joke, you made me put the rifle down.
Thank you.

Seriously, thank you.

Swap computer science and chemistry

ftfy

>economics in great tier

Pick it right back up user. Because that kind of ideal fantasy thinking doesn't work in the real world.

>Aeronautical above aerospace
They are the same degree you dildo
t. aero

>you can't easily become a CA with just a math degree

uh, yeah you can. Maybe we have different definitions of easily or your math degree is shit

No one wants to hire a math autist with some certs over a serious professional who's had business management classes you fuckwit.

Technical skills is like 10% of an actual job in the real world.

>medicine not on list
>bachelors in math unbelievable tier
>petroleum engineering unbelievable tier
>government in great tier

Amen to that. Amen

>objective payscale research
>payscale
lmfao

If any of these lists were objective and based on employability and work environment, Computer science would be on top. No matter how 'autistic' you guys (who have probably never even been to university) think it is.
Next would be applied maths, maybe economics.

I love these tier lists, they're the best way to get people fighting.

Why is microbiology consider good tier? I don't even study it but it's got a growing market and decent jobs
feels like it should be higher

Same with statistics. There is literally a huge lack of statisticians. It's the era of big data afterall..

Brainlets don't know about the coming biotech and bioinformatics bubble

>EE tops both lists

feels real good man :^)

its bc applications of computer science to biology has not exploded yet, unlike it did in chem and phys and econ

Is it possible to become a professional in all the subjects great and above within a lifetime?

The question was rhetoric as I'll only accept yes as an answer.

Yes if you know how to self-learn and don't go through the slow and arduous schooling systems.

There is a wealth of knowledge online or in a library. Don't be a lazy user and go read, write and get criticized by other anons online.

I don't think so.

I'm reading demystified series of books to learn the maths. Also have a book on databases and sql and web design. History (obviously), and biology I plan to use the library. Comp Sci online resources. Fuck learning is damn incredible. Don't ever want to stop pushing the boundaries of my brain

Is EE better than Mech E? Why?

depends what you're interested in
ee seems easier but also more practical

Is going for a Stats degree retarded?
Be honest

Yeah, fucker, it needs to be updated.
>woman studies
It's called gender studies now. Don't assume people's identity you focking mango Lloyd. its 2016

Just get some Stats. courses while going for a mathematics major.

Don't listen to the other guy. Stats people are in a high demand right now, the more you know the better. Learn some R programming or Python with it and you can make a lot of money

>Aerospace Engineer
>Unbelievable tier
>not "Daddy I want to be an astronaut when I grow up"-tier

>biology
>great tier

pick one

What if you double-major in different categories? Does the superior one count more? Take an average?