What would his suicide note have been like?

What would his suicide note have been like?

This was water.

Reminder that this was a flesh and blood human being, a real tortured soul, who's death you're joking about. I mean, I know in the internet age its easy to become jaded and hardened, and I don't want to be a spoilsport. But I think when things get really rough and tumble as they often do on a site like Veeky Forums, we lose sight of the fact that Wallace, regardless of what you think of his work, was a person just like you and me, and there's a certain level of respect he deserves because of that user

AHA JUST KIDDING FUCKING GREAT POST user MY SIDES KEK

Open your copy of Infinite Jest and (re)read pages 692-698.

who was him?

WALLACE?
"..."

His entire work was a suicide note

He did have a suicide letter but his selfish cunt widow wont release it

I though IJ was alright. Pretty cool, but not this amazing work of perfection. I guess I'm just not intellectual enough to truly appreciate it. It's a shame he killed himself.

I don't think he was going to perfection. He was just going for like some kind of comic world that was somewhat relatable. Witty people might enjoy it more because they pick up on more things but I thought it was generally something everyone could understand/relate with

"fuck"

"I cannot stand the thought of being worshipped by hordes of community college dropouts on a Mongolian arts & crafts forum."

hundreds of typewritten sheets
a number of loosely connected vignettes
the whole intimating an inchoate story of something being about to happen but ending before actually happening
still neatly arranged
carefully placed and lit in his garage

A document filled with no discernible talent.

>tfw I had this view of The Pale King
>and read it anyway

This, tbqhfamalam

Massive fag

> 692-698.

Can someone post the opening sentence or 692 so I can try to find it?

[0]

In the pic related version, first full paragraph on 692 starts with "and re Ennet House resident Kate Gompert and this depression issue: some psychiatric patients..." and then the probably most famous "the so-called 'psychotically depressed' person..." passage specifically starts on 696 which I only bring up because I see people talk about it all the time and I thought it was way earlier in the book.

I thought that story about the guy with the trains was sad as fuck too.

witty is the wrong word.
pretentiously self-indulgent is the right word.

"Who the hell stole my microwave? I was going to use it today! :( "

> pretentiously self-indulgent is the right word
which word? I believe the word you're looking for is "phrase"

> I got two words for you: PAR-TY!!!