Recent Purchases Thread. How is this Stendhal book? I saw it in the clearance section so I grabbed it

Recent Purchases Thread. How is this Stendhal book? I saw it in the clearance section so I grabbed it.

>How is this Stendhal translation?
Trash, probably

The blue one is Something Happened, sorry for the bad quality pic.

Local bookshop had a sale on a sale whilst having a sale.

Went full hoarder mode and walked away with a full 15 euro worth of books.

the lighting on this makes it look like a prize on a 90s game show. also nice beckett.

Bump

I am patrish yet? :D

TFW I buy books faster than I can read them.

Do me a favor, and take this picture again, but with the stack in a pyramid shape.

Please, I need it.

Nice. Thriftshops are also great. Over the course of two years I've bought around $400 worth of Veeky Forums-tier books at thriftshops for less then $50

you are, my man xD

That's almost everyone on Veeky Forums.

Only plebs don't do this

It's normal for most people who actually read to do this.

have fun with miss macintosh my darling dude. idk why dalkey decided to publish it in two volumes though, theyve published longer in one volume.

That's good, it is nice to know you always have something to read.

Ben Marcus is great. Haven't seen much fo him on here.

You caught me, give me some time.
They are very low quality/non-lit in terms of English over here, you are lucky to walk away with a penguin, so I'm happy this one shop exists.
Bought him solely on being published by Dalkey, excepting a lot.

a personal mater by oe is excellent, user.

It has captivated me for years now but I've never gotten around to ordering it. I'm not a big fan of the split volumes but I found them in perfect condition for $4 each. Some day I'll get ahold of the first edition but this will work until then. It's the book on my shelves I'm most excited about reading.

I'm trying to branch out a little more and read works from a wider variety of authors (outside of my typical sphere of European/American high modernism). I'm glad to hear it was a good choice. Any others of his I should pick up?

>Scarlet and Black

can already tell translation is crap

>spent $120 on books last week
>possibly about to spend another $30-60 because bn.com is having a halloween sale

fuck

What used books shops in new york city do you guys recommend?