How much better do you think you are than the people around you?

How much better do you think you are than the people around you?

Be honest

I'm fabulous

There aren't any people around me.

It's hard to quantify. I really relate to DFW's line in End of the Tour, to paraphrase "Yes I think I'm pretty smart when I'm by myself and I have time to think and write, but when I'm in a conversation I can't keep up with you"
Keeps me humble desu. But maybe 20% better?

I oscillate between wild narcissism and excruciating self loathing like clockwork

>DFW fan
>20%

Not bloody likely

that's something that I hate. I am not really quick in thinking, my main strenght is depth. This means that conversations always make me feel stupid as a rock because I can never come up with something witty. That's probably why I like writing and forum boards.

I tend to think that I am awful compared to everyone in my family and at work, hence why I contemplate suicide weekly.

Fuck off back to rebbit, you virgin kissless faggot.

I'm smart but lazy desu

Empirically I am at least two inches taller than everyone around me.

>tfw when manlet :(

I know more trivia and history/politics than most around me, but then again I'm living in England right now. It's not exactly a mentally stimulating environment. Nor do I look inbred, so that's a plus too.

i'm studying sciences at uni so not at all

My teachers always called me a genius, but I'm too lazy.

I consider myself a dysfunctional piece of shit. Second suicide attempt here we come.

It's not that I think I'm better so much as that everyone else is worse.

Self hatred is just as vain and narcissistic as thinking you're better than everyone else.

That itself is a reason to hate yourself

The way out of that circular logic is to realize that you can hate your flaws without hating the whole of yourself.

Or you can just keep wallowing in pointless self-inflicted misery, up to you senpai.

>people obsessed with old hags but still while when they inevitably cheat instead of obsessing over girls too awkward and inexperienced to cheat and also aren't giant cunts
very

I think anyone with any integrity has the capacity to hate certain individuals, yourself is not excluded in this.
Sometimes there simply is no way out, your personality and drives may just be totally incongruent to your values

Smarter than almost all of my classmates. My closer friends are pretty smart but i i don't think they can really keep up with me. There's one guy that i regard him as smart as me. There's also this philosphy professor who's genius level so he beats me.
I don't think i'm super smart, it's just that the average guy is so fucking dense i can't help but feel superior.

One does not perceive the self in the same way they perceive individuals outside the self. The self is your entire world, all of your thoughts, experiences and feelings contained within it. An individual is simply an object within that vast world.

Hating the self is unproductive and pointless. You can't control other individuals and you can never know everything about them. But you know just about everything about yourself and you can control what you do. While to some extent personality is innate, you do in fact have complete control over your actions. Your problem is that you fail to realize your own ability to act and resign yourself as a victim of unchangeable circumstance.

Tell me user, what about you makes you hate yourself.

I'll be honest with you - I think I'm way better than virtually everyone around me, but it doesn't mean much. It doesn't lead to some extreme arrogance, but rather disappointment and pity. I feel sad both for humanity and for the individuals that go through life not realizing the extent of the world we all share. The best metaphor that I can think of would be that the average person is a cow put out to pasture that spends its entire life staring down and grazing - only the most and least intelligent of the cattle will stop grazing and look around.

Obviously I'm only talking about "better" in terms of intelligence - I'm sure there are millions of people out there who are more attractive, better in social situations, funnier, etc and I'm really happy in they can find solace in that superiority. To elaborate a little more on that cow metaphor - I feel like the worst people are those who are smart enough to convince themselves that they're right or intelligent, but not smart enough to actually think independently. Also this only applies to the stereotypical interpretation of intelligence, so take it as you will.