Do you enjoy math/science, or are you just in it for the money?

Do you enjoy math/science, or are you just in it for the money?

if you want money you should be doing finance

If you want money, you should be a hooker. It's all relative to a person's ego.

nah incomes in finance go up over your career, but incomes is prostitution decline with age, no matter how young you join the profession

Both for the money and to developt my logic skills, getting smarter than anyone else.

I like science and math, I'm uncomfortable with uncertainty and these are the best tools we have to develop any sense of certainty.

>math and science
>help you develop logical skills

What else helps? Playing chess?

Studying deductive reasoning and philosophy.

I literally will study geometrical texts at the beginning of the day and think clearer about political issues/social events than I would have if I didn't read.

It is a stones throw away from philosophy or logic, particularly the way it uses rigorous reasoning to verify proofs.

That doesn't get you money. Studying math gives you both.
Also, philosophy has a lot of verbal reasoning. I'm interested in developing my general intelligence (my verbal intelligence is very high and I don't think it's very useful, so I don't want to develop it further).

i enjoyed it until i saw how fucked up the research side of academia is.

It gives meaning (cause and effect) to life, so I found it interesting and useful. Some people just don't know when to stop; when to see when learning a wide-range of relevant subjects is more important than tunnel vision.

I don't really enjoy anything

Just find something you think you already know and do research to justify it.

You should probably see a doctor.

^^^ Truth

Neckbeard detected

this

i bother studying science because i'm so frustrated that there are things we don't understand. I'm actually mad at science, in a sense.

I don't enjoy anything, just a variation of levels of how frustrated I am with it

I can do math well. I would have rather been a professional miniature war gamer or philosopher or anthropologist. The thing is that not everyone is smart enough to get an engineering degree, I was smart enough.

So I got the degree and the career and the desk job managing the uneducated field people and doing applied math for engineering designs.

So, yeah, I'm happy, well as happy as anyone can really expect to be.

I still get to do my hobbies in my spare time, and my highly educated brain makes me plenty of money to get through life comfortably.

Did this answer your question?

I agree user

I just recently started self teaching calculus and now I feel smarter in all aspects of life

I'd wager that a real philosophy book would fuck your verbal intelligence right up the rectum

You do it because you're good at it. Makes sense to me.