What are some books you would describe as a girlfriend simulator?

What are some books you would describe as a girlfriend simulator?
inb4 Bovary or Stoner, qt waifus only pls

Wittgenstein's Mistress if you're into crazy chicks

Lolita.

bump for interest.

L'Immoraliste.

Dumb wife getting in the way of spending time with cute little Arab boys as usual.

The OP picture will be my new girlfriend simulator.

If you're a detached, apathetic, useless, degenerate generation Y faggot then Taipei is a good one.

Ford Madox Ford - The Good Soldier.

I've just read that. I've never seen something considered a classic that's so bland and uninspired.

I liked it to be honest, must have read it three times. I like comfy books in which not too much happens.

>old hags
Fuck off please
Why? She's disgusting.

It's surely not a bad book - no classic is. But it felt so underwhelming. There wasn't really a point. And the lack of points wasn't a point like in the Nausea, for example.

I always experience a discrepancy between books (and movies for that matter) that I find 'good' and that I enjoy for some unknown reason and keep coming back to.

I guess the imagery and the narration just sits well with me and I think the sort of prudish exploration of immorality is charming.

I see where you're coming from. You know, the funny thing is, even after all the negative things I've said about it, and even after all the other negatives I've thought and I haven't said yet, I'd gladly read it again. Maybe it has mastered the magic of comfyness and that's its talent.

>tfw qt /mu/tant gf

>Wilde took a key out of his pocket and showed me into a tiny apartment of two rooms… The youths followed him, each of them wrapped in a burnous that hid his face. Then the guide left us and Wilde sent me into the further room with little Mohammed and shut himself up in the other with the [other boy]. Every time since then that I have sought after pleasure, it is the memory of that night I have pursued. […] My joy was unbounded, and I cannot imagine it greater, even if love had been added.

How should there have been any question of love? How should I have allowed desire to dispose of my heart? No scruple clouded my pleasure and no remorse followed it. But what name then am I to give the rapture I felt as I clasped in my naked arms that perfect little body, so wild, so ardent, so sombrely lascivious? For a long time after Mohammed had left me, I remained in a state of passionate jubilation, and though I had already achieved pleasure five times with him, I renewed my ecstasy again and again, and when I got back to my room in the hotel, I prolonged its echoes until morning.

sauce

wood missouri

In Search of Lost Time

LOL KYS

faggot detected

This meme is great on /a/. It's not good here.

why is kstew so prefect brehs?

>how to make a lonely man commit suicide

Are you a fucking lesbian? Gtfo whore

Is this from a specific movie?

>tattoo
would not bang

You know what's kinda sad OP?

It's from American Ultra. She's top qt in it.

Not the guy you were talking to, but Gide is a uniquely challenging author. Most of his work has to do with transgressing the morality you've been taught, and the severity of the transgression changes from book to book. In The Immoralist, Michel growing his hair out is treated as a real transgression, and yet in The Counterfeiters, Edouard X's pederasty is what newly seeks permission. Gide's sneaky and insistent moral questioning ("surely this can't be bad-- but what about THIS?") makes him a frustrating and fascinating writer.

To OP's question, Adolphe by Benjamin Constant is a short novel about falling in and out of love with an older woman that gets to feel very maddeningly real. The initial flights of romance are maddening, and of course the break up that comes later is as well.

You aren't goofing me right? I'll read it.