Anyone else feel like they were much smarter as teenagers/kids than they are now?

Anyone else feel like they were much smarter as teenagers/kids than they are now?

yes

that was a combination of arrogance and ignorance

You were less aware of all of the things you did not know then.

Not at all, I've always been confused and aware that I don't know shit about anything, even while being above the rest of the class. It's actually beneficial too because you're inventivized to look stuff up all the time.

When I was a baby I couldn't even read

no, I feel like I get a little smater each day

I definitely got dumber. Too many concussions from banging my head against my headboard when I masturbate.

No, but I do feel as though I was more focused. The internet fucked my focus and self control up, but I don't think I "lost" intelligence getting older.

This is why I plan on going full innawoods when I get a real job. Focus on the basics of living instead of surrogate activities. That helps my focus, and I feel smarter.

i didnt even learn triple integrals until i was 6

No way. I was slightly as ignorant as my parents and peers, but I studied studiously, learned earnestly and experienced life with an open mind to other opinions.
Most people reach retirement and the culmination of their life-long learning is that they can play games on their phone; or stare at gambling tickets. Pathetic!

Nope. I was always dumb. I just tried harder when I was younger.

I feel dumber now, but in reality I just don't enjoy anything, so it's hard for me to get things done or learn new things. I just pass time on Veeky Forums or playing video games reflecting on how I ruined my life with laziness.

I had a better sense of humor and I could talk to people easier. I don't know what happened.

My mind felt clearer and i didn't have any brainfog or anxiety in my mid to late teens.
If I studied more and paid attention back then I would probably perform better than I'm currently doing.

you lose the skills you don't use

I was super extroverted, then did homeschooling for 6 years. I went to college a social retard for 2 years but eventually returned to my extroverted self. I'm not good with talking to girls but that's just because I don't talk to girls enough.

I was quite stupid as a teenager

>Studied Studiously
>Studied
>Studiously

Yes. Between issues from multiple concussions and ms I'm slowly becoming mite and more of a brainlet

Yes, i sailed through elementary/high school with excellent grades without even trying. Unfortunately 100% of my actual potential was spent on my WoW PvP and raiding career, only things i have to "show" for it are 5 gladiator titles and a bunch of server firsts.

Playing videogames for 8h+ a day for 8 years while doing occasional pointless dead-end jobs before getting back to studying was not a good idea. I can still comprehend stuff and progress with my electrical engineering studies but it takes enormous effort and my brain is foggy as fuck. Also my grades arent that great since i rarely finish exams in time and my ego doesnt permit to cry to anyone about it. Naturally my everyday social intelligence is also very poor, i can hold a conversation in very narrow spectrums.

>tfw unable to read graduate level physics out of womb
that's how you know you're really a brainlet

Jesus this hit home.

>tfw not getting nobel prise in age of 3

Nah. Smarter than ever. But also smaller need to prove myself than ever before so I probably seem like I'm deteriorating / losing motivation.

>prise

I am smarter, but I don't see as well or run as fast.

Smarter? Fuck no. Quicker? I peaked at 16. Better memory? Yeah, when I was a kid I could read a book and repeat half of it verbatim.

>tfw wasted all that time drinking

I was much more motivated when I was a teen, but I'm a lot more efficient, know a lot more and am generally much better rounded than I used to be.
Still, I kind of miss it.

No.

I still think I was the smartest 12 year old on the planet for a short while.

Only "smart but lazy" NEET memers think this