Should I buy an immersion blender? Does anyone here own this? What do you use it for/how often?

Should I buy an immersion blender? Does anyone here own this? What do you use it for/how often?

I bought one of these in 2007 or so. I used it only 1 time. one.

I use it to pound my own ass.

Depends OP - do you often cook things that need to be blended?
Then go for it, they are not that expensive and work well.

I have a really shitty blender that I want to get rid of. I also don't have a food processor. I think this would be the better option to replace it rather than getting another blender

I like making smoothies and soups

What can an Immersion Blender do that a Hand Mixer can't?

I have both but it's so much more convenient to be able to blend a soup directly in the pot.
I also like to make apple sauce with it, comes out perfectly.

I have one and I use it for soups and milk shakes. It's great. Make sure the bottom part is stainless steel and not plastic. Good luck

I own one and use it exclusivly for preparing one dish, turkish lentil soup, that I eat once per month on average. It's one of these kitchen items that everyone bought but hardly ever uses, like a pasta maker (which I, of course, own as well).

Only thing we ever used to use one of these for was milkshakes a long time ago.

It's the only "powertool" that I keep on the kitchen counter. Get one with replaceable heads so you can use it as a blender and a whisk. Also get a 2.5qt bain marie to temporarily store/wash it.

Make mayo, soups, partially blend shit to thicken.

i bought one in 2007 and used it about 2500 times since then

these are great, I use them for my mango chicken every time. you chop up the mangos and mix it with the sauce, then you blend that shit and get a nice texture...

Yeah they're pretty cool.

I use it for mixing chocolate drink powder into cold milk and to make relatively small amounts of whipped cream.

Soup goes into the proper blender though.

Yes
Yes
Pureeing soups, mostly. Occassionally a smoothy cause I got no blender
At least once a week

They are literally synonyms

I use one to make mayo and blend peppers into hot sauces regularly. I also use it to purée soups.

It also has that whisk head so I can whip cream and eggs.

Use it like once, twice a week.

For it's price, it's a pretty useful tool.

i use one of these every day to make smoothies.

It's for mixing things? What answer do you want?

I only used it in kitchen work making big batches of batter or dressings. For home? Maybe if I'm double-boiling some chocolate. It's just a convenience thing to replace hand-mixing.

I wouldn't use it as replacement for a blender or food processor. And I don't even know what a food processor is necessary for.

This guy has the right idea OP, also you can get cheap ones that have also a small food processor thats is more than enough for home cooking. You can make all kinda of salsa in it, chumichurri, cut up some sofritto etc. Look into store brands for that, I have one I want to buy from Colline which I think is great.

I'm looking for a sturdy one with a double whisk to replace my hand mixer, fuck having a stick blender and a mixer when a blender could do both.

A stand mixer? Blender won't replace that lol.

mayo people: I'm making my own mayo for the first time today... any tips?

i use it very often, buy a decent one

great for refried beans tbqh

i usually use either the potato masher or an actual blender