How does Veeky Forums (of the south) feel about crawfish...

How does Veeky Forums (of the south) feel about crawfish. Honestly they're kind of a pain in the ass to eat but the meat is like lobster.

>calling craydads crawfish

Never met anyone who didn't like mudbug

It's a big messy hassle to get to the meat which isn't much, they are good tho

Messy, but entirely worth it. Always eat the heads, otherwise it's a waste.

>not enjoying the delayed gratification of working to get to the meat
most dinners with friends is sort of awkward because either everyone's eating once the food arrives or they're talking too much and letting their food get cold. but eating crawfish is a perfect balance. great social food

Hate them. I don't eat anything that requires that I get sauce and shit on my fingers. And seeing other people lick their fingers at the dinner table is absolutely revolting.

I don't think they're all that great and being difficult to eat just makes it not worth it. I like shrimp though.

crawfish make a great garnish but they aren't worth eating. genuine poor people food

As was lobster once upon a time

looks kinda meh to me

"fish"

Crawfish or Crayfish?

hmmm

Crawdads

They're delicious. They're popular around here because we have so many of them in streams, and the state incentivizes their elimination since most of them are invasive.

But it's important to prepare them properly so that the flavor is as rich as possible. Plain-boiled crayfish can be a bit boring.

The first thing to remember is to help purge their digestive tracts by transferring them to a bucket of fresh water about a half-hour before cooking (salt-water purging isn't actually any more effective than plain tapwater).

Then, you can give them an initial boil to kill them and loosen dirt/grime from their bodies before transferring them to a cooking pot. Your cooking pot should contain butter, seasonings, salt, and broth at the least; you can cook them alongside shrimp to give them a richer taste.

This infuses them with flavored oils and makes them quite tasty.

My mum used to tell me stories of how kids made fun of her for taking lobster sandwiches to school.

Try making them French-style by simmering in sauce with other ingredients like vegetables.

Not worth my time. I would unironically eat McChicken instead.

I'm a huge fan. I peeled about 10 lbs worth last weekend and made, pic related, crawfish etouffee. It was amazing.

>literally 10 lbs of crawdad meat in one image

They are decent. The taste is not like lobster at all in my opinion, just the texture of the meat. Makes for a fun cookout. But if I have a choice I will go with a shrimp boil over a crawfish boil every time.

I know this isn't entirely related to the thread, but when y'all eat crabs, do you guys eat the lungs and the "mustard"? My parents always told me not to when I was growing up, but I would anyways because I liked the taste and texture.

10 pounds of boiled crawfish yields about 3lbs of tail meat. Its a bit of work, but so is sucking your dad's dick, and I don't hear you complaining about having to do that.

it cost almost $30 to make that dish, if he got them prepeeled it would've been $150

>literally

Sucking dick is easier than you think, friend.

Anyway, it looks tasty as fuck, but I don't even like getting my hands dirty on blue crab. Crawdad are good, but I'm probably just gonna get king crab unless I'm at a place that's gonna do the work for me.

>the meat is like lobster
Last i checked, lobster didn't taste like mud

Nope. I don't even want to know what the "mustard" is.

Unless you're buying the shit Chinese farmed stuff crawfish is sweeter than lobster.