So my professor asked what I've been reading lately and I told her...

So my professor asked what I've been reading lately and I told her, to which she replied that I was reading a lot of literature by 'intense white men.' Which is true I guess, but I didn't really see a problem with it.
Anyway she gave me these to read. I know it's just gonna be some kumbaya, white-guilt shit, so I'm just gonna read one.

Anyone familiar with any of these? Which should I read?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9sniYqjpyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah don't waste your time on this junk. read more Veeky Forums-approved white men instead

Read Clarice Lispector than btfo your teacher

>she
>white men

Do you frog faggots never tire of these threads about how dumb women are and how shit nonwhite authors are?

Kill whitey

what books did you tell her you were reading?

That was nice of her. Idk, read one and let her know you read it though, or else you'll be a shit.

She wants to fuck, user.

Your teacher is a cunt.

Cool, any recommendations by her? I quickly glanced her wikipedia, seems pretty interesting.
I definitely want to diversify my reading. I read some Rand this summer, which I wasn't into really. I've got a book by duBois lying around and I plan on reading Sankara at some point, so I can get some blackness into my lit diet.

Relax dude. You've made quite a few assumptions.
I have a sneaking suspicion these books are going to be some lukewarm, soybean flavored, new-age bullshit and that's not what I'm into so I asked Veeky Forums if they've ever read any of these.
I never said women were inferior or whites were superior or whatever else you got from my very, very short post.

I just finished das Kapital, which was a slow burn. Read some Trotsky before that, which was stupid because I knew little Marxist theory. Now I've been flying through Nietzsche, which I'm liking much more.

Yeah I figured I'd read at least one. They don't look like my type of lit, but I'll take peoples recommendations.

You know what kind of thread you're going to get, fucking frog faggot retard.

Near to the wild heart for Hurricane Clarice. Toni Morrison is not bad either and you could kill two birds by reading her (female and black). Song of Solomon is a fun southern gothic-esque book

I would flip through Ackerman and Dillard and avoid bell hooks.

I second Morrison, she's Veeky Forums's punching bag but she's a visionary next to the books the prof lent you.

I think very few people on this board have actually read any Morrison, except for maybe in high school

Cut a hole in a book and Fuck yourself
Then give it back to her unread

Cool, thanks. Both sound pretty neat.
Thanks m8!! I think I'll end up going for Dillard. Looks like a shorter read and more up my alley.

>professor
>her
I want this century to end now.

Draw a bunch of dicks in them
Also fuck Trump and fuck white people

Women shouldn't be allowed to teach. Don't even bother with those books OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=L9sniYqjpyU

lol my gf just finished All About Love and she liked it. it seemed kind of bullshit but idc it gives bitches something to read

The Ackerman one sounds the most promising.

I don't envy you the situation, user. There's very few female writers that I've liked enough to read more than one book by them. There's just something about the books that leaves me disconnected and dispassionate about them - they're not bad, they just don't give me that compulsive feeling of making a discovery and wanting to read the author's entire set of works. I assume many females feel the same about male writers, given reactions like the one from your professor.

Teaching a Stone to Talk
Chuck the rest into the garbage bin

Did your inferiority complexe got triggered?

Clarice Lispector (most recent translations) and Hilda Hilst
Marguerite Yourcenar
maybe Ingeborg Bachmann

find your own way

I always tellem: I've been reading them dragontails gnome sayin

Fucking kike. I bet she likes marx, quran and feminist therapy.