Best language to read translation of pic related?

Best language to read translation of pic related?
Out of FRA, GER and ENG

Also general translation discussion: Is it always true that the closer related the language is to the original language of the work (e.g. French to Spanish as opposed to German), the more accurate the translation? Or can a less related language add something interesting to the source material?

Read it in spanish you queer

Not OP, but spanish is one of the most disgusting languages on Earth, why would you want that

The closest language is Portuguese, but just go with French in this case.

That's the language it was written in
>bad because it's popular
Would that we could all be Armenian-speaking polymaths eh chum

Beaner Spanish is indeed disgusting. European Spanish, not so much.

Spanish is my first language and I only read French and English translations for this reason

obvious, not everyone has such a high IQ to understand the spanish desu

>mfw native portuguese speaker

spanish is disgusting, thankfully we are close enough so no value is lost while I can read it in a more pleasant language

>Gabriel Garcia Marquez was from Spain

>spanish is disgusting
>native portuguese speaker

>Colombia is an european country

Another portuguese speaker here.

Spanish sounds like a meme language if portuguese is your first language, hard to explain, its rhythm is just really fucking meme-like.

it is -- sounds like you're in a constant comedy sketch

I wasn't referring to Márquez's writing, but to the language in general.

Spanish is Portuguese's retarded brother on every variety.

I guess it's similar to how norwegian sounds if swedish is your first language.

where did i ever imply that?
The poster said the only good spanish is from Spain, thus saying Garcia Marquez's spanish is also disgusting

That isn't always true, a lot of french philosophical essays (in particular 19th century political philosophy) are translated infinitely better in German than in other Romance languages like Italian or Spanish, which is due to the fact that there were actually great german writers and thinkers who dedicated themselves to working with and elaborating the ideas of their french counterparts, which didn't really happen in other countries.
The translation depends as much (if not more) on the translator than the proximity (or lack thereof) between the two languages.

portuguese sounds like drunk spanish

Their ambiguity on "b" and "v" sounds is particularly amusing.

I should have made myself clearer.
The spoken South American variety of Spanish is revolting in comparison to the European spoken variety.

Portuguese from portugal has the single most autistic accent mankind has ever produced.
Spanish sounds like portuguese if you sang instead of speaking.

Read it in French.

If that were true and not a meme opinion then it would be a big shame, most of the great books in Spanish since the late XIX century have been written in the Americas.

Do Portuguese speakers live with a chip on their shoulder? they never miss a chance to badmouth Spanish/Castillian. Just grow up.

I agree.
>velocidade turns into vuluçudad

Yes -- patronizing sudacas turns us on

s/patronizing/ressentiment/

> most of the great books in Spanish since the late XIX century have been written in the Americas.

Reminder that Ficciones got ahead of Quixote in the Veeky Forums list.

Is the same thing you pseud

>tfw reading about the Paraguayan male population genocide

where are you from?
I also want to read more in english, but lots of books that i'm looking for are hard to find where i live

This

Im wondering whether English or a Nordic language is better for a German work. While the nordic languages branched off earlier, it didnt get raped by French like the English language did. (Obviously Dutch is the closest to German but after that idk)