I used to dislike Ayn Rand -- until I realised that the only people that hated her worshiped Marx instead

I used to dislike Ayn Rand -- until I realised that the only people that hated her worshiped Marx instead

>muh political tribalism
I genuinely, unironically hate you and everything you stand for, op. I wish that you were dead.

"Ok"

Ayn Rand bait, is it 2011 again already?

i am a huge orson wells

And you know, most people who dislike Ayn Rand are probably influenced when they realised which group of people like her.
If it is just the philosophy people were bothered by, why would they but so much effort into disproving it?

Pure ideology if you ask me. Older philosophers weren't particulary nice either, but I know of no cases in which philosophers are so fanatically disapproved of - in the philosopical sense.

Explain please. Am I wrong?

Rand was just triggered cause the Bolsheviks kicked her out of uni for not being prole enough.

Also her books are shite, all her characters are polarizing, wet-dreams of her own ideology and Atlas Shrugged was 700 pages too long.

Another Ayn Rand shitpost.

Report.

SUCH uselss pasta. Like why is THIS pasta?

I see nothing wrong with her basic ideas insofar as I understand them. Without people who take initiative, society would be fucked. If there were no jobs, people would ahve to make it on their own, and most people would fail horribly at it. There is value to putting work on a plate in front of someone to do. Most people don't appreciate this unless they have worked closely with someone who runs a small business.

Nozick's thing against her is quite good if a bit limp.

Because even /b/ thought Ayn Rand was a total joke, and the board got Rand posted for like a month. Like almost constant invasion. Which is why we had the Rand rule for ages.

The Randroid

spookiest costume of all

I was going to reply, when I realized that everything that I wanted to say was already posted.

Of course, I'm usually a little less blunt, but it still gets the point across.

Read Stirner. You've got some spooks to get out of you

everything rand says is true but its also one of those things that should not be said out loud, the system can't work if everyone knows the game. also her outlook comes without a safety net and reminds me of chaos librarians are pushing.

Autism at its best.

>no rebuttal

Do people here unironically think Rand sucks?

Wow

A fair portion of her philosophy is Right Answer Wrong Working. The rest is mental gymnastics to justify poorly conceived economic policy.

>Right Answer Wrong Working
Explain

Personally I just remember reading certain passages and thinking "Wow thats so smart/profound"

Most of Ayn Rand's philosophy isn't exactly wrong, she was just completely insufferable as a person and writer, which is where most of the dislike comes from.

Let's be honest, she is a shit writer.

She disagrees with Kant and everyone agrees with Kant.

I heard some guy say once that Atlas Shrugged is a coded manual for the Illuminati.

As opposed to what? Humans lacking tribalism?

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA FUCKING FAGGOT