Is it possible to create a literary masterpiece out of something like Sonic the Hedgehog, or Ninja Turtles...

Is it possible to create a literary masterpiece out of something like Sonic the Hedgehog, or Ninja Turtles? Like if Nabokov came and write Sonic the Hedgehog with all his talents, could it be a masterpiece? Would the literary world be willing to admit it?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/Kim-Possible_and_Gravity-s-Rainbow_Crossovers/1462/11372/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Like if ... came and write Sonic the Hedgehog with all his talents, could it be a masterpiece?

possibly

>Would the literary world be willing to admit it?

no

>Thomas Pynchon Sonic The Hedgehog

Well I'm writing a verse epic about Dragon Ball Z so maybe if someone with talent steals my idea ...

sonic is just a piece of pop culture

surely, it could be incorporated into a great work, why not

he is too shallow to be its main hero though, at least without a heavy modification which would leave only his name untouched and for what reason would you keep it then instead of naming your hero by a different name? his only worth it's how he is a part of pop culture as he is, after all. so it wouldn't be like a fanfic but more prettily written, it would be something different.

for instance it could be a book about loneliness and attraction to imaginary beings with a character based on chris-chan

>maybe if someone with talent steals my idea
This is your burden, user, no one can take it from you

>being literate
That's stupid

Sonic has important themes of friendship,industrialization, corporate greed. I believe it could be crafted into a masterpiece if they build a proper story around it.

Hell, Pynchon exists.

Sure, give the characters a bit of depth, kill off a few, make them go a bit dark, take away their super powers, and make sure they have plenty of lewd sex with confusing descriptions of body parts and you've got the next 50 shades. Good on yah for such an original idea. Don't forget to change the character's names for copy-right reasons.

I consider Tails Gets Trolled to be high fiction worthy of several awards and the nobel prize in literature as well as a full length feature film and to be adored by millions

Why the fuck does Veeky Forums have 2 sonic threads?

But user, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle WAS a literary masterpiece.

fanfiction.net/Kim-Possible_and_Gravity-s-Rainbow_Crossovers/1462/11372/

I consider Tails gets Trolled to be the postmodern Iliad, if I'm being honest with you.

This little gem and Tails gets Trolled aside, can you think of examples where a shallow source material was turned into something deeper? Not Veeky Forums but does Batman count? For a while he was a campy children's character, then was made "serious" by books like The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke.

Excuse my fedora but dare I say, the Bible?

The foundation already exists. The comic has gone through a lot of plot, all someone has to do is turn the older pre-reboot stuff into a vague history for the modern arc adaptation and write in a bit more background on the politics and culture of Mobius and the outer worlds.

Those movies are trash aimed at slightly older kids. Don't come here with your /tv/ memes.

Holy cow, you're right.

Jeffrey, please see me after class and read the prompt more carefully in the future.
>books no movies, quote serious unquote
B+ because you're right and American education

shame that flann o brien drunked himself to death

I am betting this is going to happen in the next few years. Just look at Ready Player One. They created a masterpiece out of 80s nostalgia.

Who knows? You can try.
I can try.
Heck, I WILL try.
And no one can stop me.
Well, they can try...

Make something like the wind and the willows, it would have to be some childrens lit, but also like sort of deep, so like childrens lit for nerd kids

>take away their super powers
why?

We had some pretty good stuff in the comics already like pic related, so it's a possibility. But it hasn't gone to Salinger or Faulkner levels yet.

Came here to post this.

Did not expect to find people of such fine taste in Veeky Forums when it comes to sonic.

You're good people user.

search "sanic fan fiction" on google

it's a gold mine

autism

>this thread
Kill yourselves