Not using the uberman sleep schedule

>not using the uberman sleep schedule
>2017

u w0t m8

Other urls found in this thread:

stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/03/polyphasic-sleep-one-year-later/
montalk.net/files/fringeknowledgeWEB.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not productive enough to justify doing that.

if u wanna be a manlet your whole life
u grow most when you're sleeping, human growth hormone is released then

Been on this for almost two years, it works really well if you can stick to it. The second you deviate... You're basically fucked.

underage plz leave

underage pls go

OP here, I'm 22. I'm stuck a manlet unfortunatily

So you take an 80-minute nap every 4 hours? Most people can't accommodate that in their lives. I would like to try it though.

Free time in the middle of the night kind of sucks. If you want any sort of interaction with the rest of society it's better to follow their rhythm.

t. I used to work night shift.

>If you want any sort of interaction with the rest of society

>not just being a man and sleeping 4hrs a night and downing a pot of coffee in the morning before work.
Fucking plebs.

are you trying to communicate

>Implying ignoring much needed and beneficial sleep makes you a man or less of a pleb

I've done that and it isn't sustainable long-term, especially if you want to do something that requires you to think. Further, it just sucks.

"Being a man" is being able to take care of yourself, being a child is running yourself to the ground because you think you'll live forever.

I wish I was able to fall asleep almost instantly like most of the brainlets in the world. Unfortunately, it takes me several hours.

20 minute every 4 hours.

Wouldn't a sleep pattern like this fuck you up royally as you don't get enough REM sleep?

Oh, I assumed it was a normal 8-hour sleep evenly distributed over 6 intervals. Is 80 minutes of total sleep per day enough?

can confirm

im a brainlet i fall asleep like a babby instantly every night then wake up 10 hours later

20*6/60 = 2 Hours of sleep

no i think sleep patterns like this are tantamount to normal ones, this one might be a bit extreme though im not sure

what i mean to say is that you dont need as much total sleep in general if you take short naps

Quite right. Oops.

>having to stop what you're doing and go to sleep every 6 hours
more like uber retard sleep schedule.

This kills the annon

yeah, then say goodbye to itneracting with society
>inb4 hurr durr I am trascendent being and don't rely on society
you may be retarded or depressed or schizoid or a lot of other mental anomalies but you still want to be able to interact with people on a regular schedule - or just fucking anhero already

That's going to fuck up your cognitive functions beyond belief. You need REM whether you like it or not

You go straight into rem with the uberman, skipping the other phases.

and you get fucking BORED or get the fine habit of hardcore procrastination.
not worth the hassle

that's bullshit i can't believe it

Stop wasting time on internet is way better idea.

>Hey want to go watch a movie?
>Sorry can't, need to do another 15 minute nap

I use a modified uberman with one less nap. Works pretty good.

Tried to do it. Got to 2 naps a day and felt like shit. It's a meme.

This. Other humans and society are cucks who want you to fail.
Do math and drink coffee all night, sleep from 9 to 5.

Take the fucking red pill.

>mfw you can just take Adderall every 6 hours and never have to sleep

>tfw to intelligent too sleep

The thinking behind the uberman schedule is that once you're used to it you'll go into REM sleep almost instantly and thus end up getting more REM sleep in the course of a day than you normally would sleeping for 8 hours straight.

Even if that is the case though it completely ignores the importance of deep sleep.

But I don't drive an Uber.

>not using the dymaxon

I read this years ago. Some guy (with a family, works from home) claims to have done this and wrote some stuff about it. Link below if you are interested. Some highlights:

>for 5-1/2 months (Oct 2005 – Apr 2006) I followed a pattern of sleeping about 20 minutes once every four hours around the clock
>Adapting to polyphasic sleep took many days, and I felt like a zombie the first week.
>You can shift your naps around a little, but not by much.
>By adapting to polyphasic sleep, you may gain some waking hours each day, but you sacrifice a lot of schedule flexibility.
>Eventually I abandoned the pattern and returned to monophasic sleep, mainly due to social reasons[...]the rest of the world simply isn’t polyphasic
>sleep physiology appears to have been permanently altered by my polyphasic sleep experiment

stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/03/polyphasic-sleep-one-year-later/

found the hedonist who need their fix

Hows is it even possible too use this schedule with work/school, etc?

You can't even fucking study normally with that shit sleep cycle, you can work at a maximum for 4 hours then you have to interrupt to get some sleep, like how do you do that while doing research?

it isn't, is retarded.

fuck society, bro. We are autists here.

Woah. That's. Woah.

That's a whole new concept that blew my mind. Plus night is when my brain is most active but my body is too damn tired to be productive. I plan to nap in 4 hours now. If I can start this now I can use this to properly establish study habit. Study math 4 hours, nap, study music 4 hours, nap, study science 4 hours, nap, study compsci, nap, study math again, nap.. and so on.

>tfw OP may have just changed my life

This is why you people will NEVER be successful in your lives. Successful people rarely sleep and this is a proven fact.

Sleep is for the weak minded goys.

Uberman or die a nobody.

So am I supposed to sleep on my lunch hour? Or is this for NEETs?

It's twenty minutes. You come back after with a fresher mind better able to think

Not exactly bullshit, your brain adapts to sink into rem sleep as fast as possible. Whether that's harmful is unknown.

>Morons who quote the entire thread.

>Morons who don't filter posts that do this

I don't got time to just take a nap randomly

>something comes up that prevents you from taking your nap
>become rendered a zombie for the next 24 hours

>Successful people rarely sleep and this is a proven fact
That's because they make deals with extradimensional demons to increase their productivity.

>That's because they make deals with extradimensional demons to increase their productivity.

I can't even fall asleep most of the time

How much time do you sleep each night?
Remember that even if you don't sleep you do get some rest.

>be uberfag sleeper
>go to mathematics class with all the brainlets
>"today we will begin the topology chapter"
>all this trivial shit about topological spaces
>o shit time for a nap
>oh well 20 minutes is nothing
>wake up
>it's now all about 2,3-16 nondeterministic multivalued infinite dimensional smooth complex manifolds
>oh_shit.jpg
>try to take notes
>what the fuck are these drawings supposed to depict?
>what is a [math]\mathfrak P_2^\infty \left( \mathbf C^* \right)[/math]-monoid?
>class ends
>teacher says "don't forget the complex P vs NP assignment I gave you 15 minutes ago while this little bastard was sleeping"
>everyone laughs at me and tells me I missed so much I'm literally fucked up
>tfw fell for the ubermeme

>not being a man and eating more than 500 calories every day

disdain

where can i find an extradimensional demon? i want to make a deal

The elite keep their methods for contacting their masters secret, here's a good starting point for building your esoteric knowledge though, eventually you make figure something out
montalk.net/files/fringeknowledgeWEB.pdf

>montalk.net/files/fringeknowledgeWEB.pdf
so do you have any facts to back up your belief or?...

this. I tried a lighter version for about 3-4 months, ended up with a whole lot of brain fog.

Extradimensional demons are repelled by facts.

I keep the lights over my plants on a repeated schedule of 2 hours off, 4 hours on.

Stop eating food or drinking anything other than water within 5 hours before you go to bed.

Correlation does not imply causation?

I can tell this isn't real because no one actually goes to a physical class anymore. You just watch the prof's youtube channel and do everything online. This isn't the 1980s, gramps.

>not mastering lucid dreaming to continue your work while asleep

i'm pretty sure that constant lucid dreaming would result in mental degradation/instability.

the possibilities

>not using your lucid dream to imagine you're having a restful nap

Ok?

>>not using your lucid dream to imagine you're having a restful nap

When I'm working the early shift my sleep schedule usually goes as follows:

I did this for a week and couldn't really adapt.
I was tired all the time and I had way too much spare time that I just wanted to use for sleep.

Every nap makes it feel like a new day though, splitting up your time like that makes a week feel like the better part of a month

Don't you need to get REM sleep or some shit when it gets to 4 hours?

has there been any studies on these custom REM cycles?

I have serious doubts about it. You're better off napping and meditating in between cardio for a focused mind.

I don't even know how people can nap in the day anyways, it's one thing to feel fatigued but tired enough to fall asleep?

man this was a good chuckle

I have a full time 9 to 5 job.

I'm 40 hours into it so far. Not feeling bad taking a nap in two hours. Just adjusting to the change. A bit sluggish won't lie at first but I quickly re-energize. Hopefully like this I can push through calculus and physics basics within the next week. I'm still getting used to it but I find it super useful to train myself to fall asleep whenever I want. Each time I lay in bed my kind is full of Veeky Forums related thoughts but I'm learning to push them aside for later to rest. Granted I've been taking 40 minute to an hour long rests and doing it every 5 hours as baby steps into getting my body used to this. I'll continue to report on my experiment. If all goes well I'll try to keep this up forever. The thought that I'll eventually be able to control my mind entirely and sleep instantly for less time keeps me motivated to train. We spend about 20 years of our lives asleep. What a fucking waste. Also I just found out Leonardo DaVinci was on a polyphasic sleep schedule. So clearly this is doing something right. Plus if I am to learn all forms of engineering as well as other subjects I need to be awake to study.

Let's call this a week trial for a year long experiment. I'll post so long as there's a thread

problem with uberman : cant use your fucking drugs, no caffeine, no adderall, no moda, no nothing cuz then you cant sleep

Just cut out all the drugs and start eating healthy

I could never sleep, then I cut my drinking to a beer or two a day, stopped smoking weed, started eating fresh. Suddenly I could pass out at 12 and wake at 8am with zero problems.

Looks pretty dope, will give it a try after my exams.
Without following a special rhythm I'm sleeping around 4 hours a day.

I'm not NEET enough to justify that.

>UberNEET schedule, you mean

protip dickheads

ALL stages of sleep are necessary for general health and ALL of them are involved in memory consolidation, not just REM.

Different sleep schedules have been rigorously tested by the American military and NASA, and it was concluded that these schedules are a fucking meme.

They also noticed that cognition was optimal whenever the subjects slept in intervals of at least 45 minutes (with naps over 2 hours being better) while receiving 8 hours of sleep in total per day. NASA had very similar results in their studies, except stated that the naps should be 2.5 hours each. If the military states that the nap sessions should be at least 45 minutes each, then you should know for certain that twenty minute nap increments would only work for someone who doesn't need much working memory or alertness.

Sure, there's modified sleeping schedules that work for some people but the majority of us should be getting around 8 hours of sleep through one session.

Source?

NASA and the Army confirmed for brainlets.

ayy lmao who fucking care im just here to 420 blaze it and fucking bitches, i will die happy what will u do my friend?

It works, but the problem with any abnormal sleep schedule is that the further away from the norm it is, the more you suffer from any deviation.

Miss a scheduled sleep period by more than a half an hour and you'll be exhausted for the next couple days.

Caldwell, John A., PhD (February 2003). "An Overview of the Utility of Stimulants as a Fatigue Countermeasure for Aviators". Brooks AFB, Texas: United States Air Force Research Laboratory:

Why is it hard to believe that the top military in the world, of all organizations, hasn't rigorously tested every sleep phase known to man, and even combined it with drug combinations (like modafinil) to understand the most optimal sleep schedule for combat units?

keep us updated annon

What's the risk of psychosis with the uberkek schedule?
I don't want to go nuts and wake up in the psych ward.

I was in that thread. Dark times.

I've actually been feeling alright. Third day in. About due for a nap but got bleach stinking up the house so best not yet

Jokes on you the people I interact with are in to her time zones.

i'm surprised it's real. looks like he surrendered himself, though.