Do you read more American literature or foreign literature?

Do you read more American literature or foreign literature?

Strictly American. I think its really laughable and edgy when I see people reading books from outside the US

Foreign. The reverberations of a global shift are more palpable in international writing, contemporary American writing is often too self-masturbatory and lacks urgency.

American literature is foreign literature

This website is ethnocentric for Americans. Get over it.

American post-modernist literature is pretty shitty. I do like American Depression-era stuff more than their foreign counterparts however.

samegay

>Isolating yourself from the rest of western canon by creating a laughable pretension

The problem for me is that most foreign literature IS burger literature.

Fucking burger-centrism. This is why the rest of the world hates you.

>Do you read more foreign literature or foreign literature

Mostly foreign but half of it must be american because that's what you can pirate

there are more ants than humans on this planet

I'm not American, but through pop-culture and a US news addiction I feel quite connected. 40% of what I read is probably American literature. Sometimes I feel there is some kind of cultural barrier in the way of me really "understanding" it but I've never put a book down because of it. Sometimes I feel more alienated by the stuff from my native country Sweden, especially modern literature.

these

I don't read any American literature. Maybe I'll read Faulkner and Melville at some point, but the rest seems pretty bad.

I'm from Canada so basically everything is foreign literature

I only really read British and French lit desu

>American writing is often too self-masturbatory and lacks urgency
what does "lacks urgency" mean? also, "self-masturbatory" is a critical redundancy, mate. what American novels have you read that you interpret them thusly?

>"self-masturbatory" is a critical redundancy

you can be masturbatory, or it, the work, about something else as well?

Same

I read more british litreture then American, but that does not mean I stray away from it. As for foriegn language books (which your question should have been) I read them translated, but far less then English ones.

Eric Havelock, Harold Innis, Edmund S. Carpenter, Marshall McLuhan

Are you not digging stories about french lesbian hockey players and native Americans coming to terms with things?

Foreign. Is better.

I'm glad we were all triggered by this racist use of terms. It is of utmost importance that we fight for international equality, especially us in the humanities. Social atrocities of this sort happen all the time, they require our active participation to be stopped: we must always be alert. I myself am american, but I have an indonesian pet parrot and regularly drink Brazilian Guaranaâ„¢, so I cannot help but feel love toward foreigners.

Did you just assume my weight?

Leonard Cohen's Beautiful Losers is a great novel that should be Veeky Forums

they can fuck off and get their own chan as well

>American
>literature