Does matter ever stop accelerating after crossing the event horizon? if a singularity has no surface...

does matter ever stop accelerating after crossing the event horizon? if a singularity has no surface, would it loop back and forth to each edge of the event horizon, stop at the center, or just never end acceleration?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole_information_paradox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so this is the power of Veeky Forums not knowing anything.

this is a product of popular science. it's not his fault.

don't worry op neither of those guys knows the answer either

technically nobody knows the answer but the point is that everyone on sci only comes here to feel above everyone else

projecting much?

event horizon---theory
singularity----theory
so you are asking whether there are specific theories on specific theories. pretty futile dont you think? baka

No it don't. Why do you think it does?

Imagine black hole as a sphere. SIngularity is one small point in the middle of black hole. Hen something cross event horizon that object photons are no longer allowed to escape the black hole because it's enormous gravity that's why it looks like it stopped. (Sorry if it's
incomprehensible or if I have any grammatical mistakes in text. English is not my native language).

At this point all of it is just speculation,

I think if a supernova collapsed and all that matter tried to exist in the center, there'd be another big bang.
So I'm thinking it would continue to accelerate for infinity, always a point closer but never getting there.

Thinking of all that supercompressed, superdense matter: and somehow the atoms still keep moving when they're so pressed up against each other.

All theoretical, of course.

no

yes

QED Veeky Forums is always right!

For a guy who calls himself a "genius" you really missed the point of OPs question. Blame it on language all you want but not being fluent in English is just more retardation on your part. Imagine in your retarded example of a sphere with "small" (singularity literally means point, as in 1 dimension, as in no size) hole in the middle, that a piece of matter enters the sphere and is now being pulled towards that "small" hole in the middle. He is asking what happens now, at the moment i just described. The only real answer is nobody knows. The funny thing is the answer doesnt even matter, after anything passes the event horizon it is no longer part of the observeable universe. This means, for all practical purposes, it doesnt exist.

so does that mean a black hole destroys matter and energy which passes its event horizon? wouldn't that violate conservation of energy and the laws of thermodynamics?

Ayy what the fuck is this bullshit.

?? are you braindead? i said everyone which includes me but i'm not the one being condescending to OP so you're being even further retarded

No. For every item a black hole "swallows" its mass is increased by the mass it gained from said item. Measuring the energy of the entire universe, nothing has changed. That gravitational energy is transformed into heat and subatomic particles via hawking radiation, and over time the black hole evaporates. Neither energy nor matter is technically destroyed in the process. You could argue information is destroyed but you could also argue its still there in the form of hawking radiation, just drastically changed.

would it be possible through deconvolution of hawking radiation to figure out what the matter originally was?

no

then information isn't destroyed isn't it? we can't tell what the singularity was formed out of or what it even is. no wonder it's called a black hole.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole_information_paradox

is it possible to remove the event horizon in order to see the singularity by creating some form of fundamental interaction that can escape it via artificial symmetry break of electromagnetic radiation?

This is not the person that
Replied to. However he is mostly right. It appears that information is lost in a black hole given our current understanding of physics. That doesnt mean it is lost though, just that we cant figure it out.

>> 8681501 When something falls in a black hole it's time is streched to infinity so theoretical if you fell into a black hole and somehow manage to survive tidal forces you would fall into the singularity but you would never get there. And as you already know black holes ''evaporate'' because Hawking radiation. So black hole will ''evaporate'' before you could get into singularity.

Theoreticaly it is possible. Do you know what Kerr black hole is right? If not the Kerr black hole is black hole which rotate. And it's singularity rotates too. In a shape of some kind of ring. So if you would rotate Kerr black hole at some velocity it's event horizon will practically dissapear. So yes it is (THEORETICALLY) possible.

You are trolling right? Please tell me you are trolling. The Kerr metric (in reference to black holes) has nothing to do with making the event horizon disappear. My god Veeky Forums posters are complete morons. The Kerr metric refers to the frame dragging effect generated by a rotating black hole, which causes particles and waves effected by its gravity within a certain radius to follow the rotation of the singularity. No, it is not theoretically possible to remove the event horizon because the event horizon is not a thing. Its just a byproduct of immense gravity interacting with spacetime. If you have a singuarity, you have an event horizon, period. Thats actually sort of what makes it a singularity, is the existence of the event horizon. The two are direct results of eachother.

Well, my mistake. Sorry.

You lack a third perspective.
That we may be in an empty space.
Absolute heat death.
No slowing down.
Only dissipation.

However...to put your mind at ease....the nature of a fluid when it spills on an empty space when it freezes....
is to contract.

And it is gonna get very fucking cold.

I think there is a serious philosophical problem in this line of inquiry. Why do people first ask
>What happens?

when the first scientific question would be
>Which things could I observe and measure if they did happen?