Besides salt and black pepper, what kind of herbs and spices or flavoring do you /c/ooks use regularly...

besides salt and black pepper, what kind of herbs and spices or flavoring do you /c/ooks use regularly? do you use otc blends.. Mrs. Cash and the like. are you making your own?
for me it's garlic, oregano, tumeric, paprika, worcestershire, basil, thyme, madras curry powder, cayenne, all spice and bay leaf.

Just a nice pinch of cayenne

chef John?

All of these are dried, I only buy fresh when I feel like doing so.

Basil, cumin, black pepper, white pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder, fennel, caraway, coriander, thyme, sage, oregano, tarragon, ginger powder, garlic powder, mint, cardamom, paprika, sesame, piment, juniper berries, mustard seeds, laurel, lemongrass, rosemary, anise, nutmeg and cinnamon. I might very forgotten some, but you can make basically anything with this.

Regularly would be: cumin, dried basil, oregano, paprika, onion and garlic powder. Curry and ginger.
But obviously use every herb in the book, from time to time.

It really depends on what I'm making but some mainstays are paprika, garlic, shallots, and onion, dill, parsley, clinatro, fennel, cumin, and msg.

>I only buy fresh when I feel like doing so.
Wh-what does this even mean? When the fuck else would you?

Im not that guy but I do the same thing. for example if Im making salmon for just me, dry dill is good enough. If Im making it for other people I tend to use fresh

Because some dimwit would inevitably ask why I wouldn't buy my tarragon or any other spice fresh. One obscure phrase prevented that from happening to me.

But you never said anything about when you feel like it. Literally EVERYONE only buys something when they feel like buying it

God damn he just means occasionally, Autismo

Don't be mean to me

You can't tell me what to do

I've been making a lot of Indian dishes lately and they often call for Asafetida (Hing) and carom seeds. You can't really get the right flavor without them.

onion, garlic, paprika (often smoked), chili powder, cumin and caraway are my most used

I grow chives and parsley in my garden. might try drying them at the end of the year, but otherwise I just use them in the summer

>Mrs. Cash
yes june carter cash was world famous for her spice mixes

Mrs. Dash..asshat

I know I'm going to get shit for this but; pic related is a great spice blend for when you just don't give a fuck, but don't want to eat unseasoned food.

Is smoked salt a meme? Does it add another dimension to food?

Just going to list my spice rack from memory because I'm that bored.

Sea salt in a grinder, regular salt in a shaker, black pepper in two different grinders (one grinds finer), garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, ginger powder, mustard powder, curry powder, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, basil, parsley, cilantro, marjoram, dill, rosemary, thyme, sage, celery salt, caraway seed, bay leaves, my bbq rub spice mix, my taco spice mix, my vegetable spice mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, vanilla extract, almond extract, vanilla powder, vanilla sugar, powdered sugar, regular sugar, brown sugar, sugar/splenda blend, all purpose flour, bread flour... whoops.. too far, ended up in my pantry... oh well.

I just looked.. forgot turmeric and coco powder(is that a spice?)..

crushed red pepper is versatile af

this