Hey guys, girls, and genderqueer friends. I have something for you to read

Hey guys, girls, and genderqueer friends. I have something for you to read.

Other urls found in this thread:

saddude69.tumblr.com/post/152622702787/the-stupid-computer-takes-so-long-to-turn-on-as#notes
emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/showing-and-telling-the-basics.html)
youtube.com/watch?v=AtCR6P5rsXU
saddude69.tumblr.com/post/152291616807/yeah-i-have-been-thinking-more-about-the-feminism#notes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tl;dr

Nonsense. You won't know until you try.

I thought this was going to be the Nate is a snake thing

bump

>lament the impermanence of friendship.
Stopped right there. There's a thing called writing eloquently, done right. But then there's just being verbose and having really no meaning conveyed to the right other than "I'm a giant faggot who likes hearing complex words put into a pretentious way."

Write for clarity and meaning, not for sounding smart. This often means writing short, to the point, plain English.

So basically square boot on a duck master farma suit blatter of a flat bed spooth?

bump

well, sorry i couldnt bear to read any more of your droning-on writing
dont take it to heart that you're just an amateur right now

Dude you just sound like a bitter guy lashing out. There wasn't even anything wrong with the sentence you used as justification to verbally attack me.

this is basically a modern day version of Notes From the Underground. one day you'll learn to laugh instead of crying about your predicament. it's kind of like when you stop liking batman and start cheering for the joker.

Huh. that's a great analogy, reading it over I really do sound a lot like the underground man, but I wasn't even thinking about that book when I wrote this.

Okay I read the entire thing. I get that you have a lot of anxiety which has to do with your reductionist theories about humanity. You think we can all be reduced to chemical reactions and because of this nothing matters. But you also claim in your writing that you wish people didn't take your qualities apart from yourself and instead appreciate you in your wholeness. I think the contradiction here is you're trying to draw a line in your consciousness and thus not appreciate yourself in your wholeness. We're so accustomed to separating the mind from the body but have you ever asked yourself why this is the case? Sure the mind has reason while the body has mere urges but they are still 'you' by your own definition; inseparable from the one being.
I do get that you're trying to rationalize your addiction to the internet, though I'm not sure exactly how valid this is. I would think of it like this, if you weren't dependent on the internet for whatever it provides you'd just be dependent on something else. See you keep dancing around these ideas but you fail to acknowledge the relevant first principles; what exactly is bad about being dependent on the internet? I feel a sense of isolation and necessity to go outside and socialize if I don't interact with anyone for a few weeks or so but does that mean the socializing is inherently bad or can't be enjoyed? If you are going to acknowledge your dependence as something bad you had better say what about it is bad, for example, is it stopping you from doing something else you'd rather be doing? Is it harming you in its use like a hardcore drug?
No I don't think these are the answers you'd give me either. I think the issue you have with your decisions being reduced to chemicals is freedom; if everything is a mere chemical reaction we are slaves and not free men. But who are we slaves to? Yourself dummy. The self wants what is best for it, in every instance it moves towards this goal. It becomes convinced of what is best for itself through habit mostly (borrowing from my nigga Aristotle) and what is habituated has to be willed first; the good chemicals may be released when you experience something which you are dependent on but it was you who willed it first and made the decision to gauge an interest. Am I making sense? I have the tendency to be unstructured with this sort of thing.
Lastly I won't even begin to address the numerous ethical dilemmas you discuss you face which are evidence to something beyond just a chemical reaction. You want the best for your parents but why? They have nothing to do with you. You're probably thinking "thats just herd mentality" and my answer would be so what if it is, you have an ethical basis to which you fix your life, where it comes from doesn't matter. Ethics is evidence for something existing beyond us because we all possess some need to fix our actions in some sort of order to fulfill.

2/2
Equating ethics to chemical reactions seems to me like equating existence to the movement of atoms. Sure, its not a false statement but thats not all there is, even if its all that can be measured. Theres simply more than that.

wow, this is the most in depth reply anyone has ever given to my writing. Going to take some time to read this more deeply.

lol j/k

first of all, thank you for the in depth reply. Also, I think that what I mean by my internet addiction, is that it's basically all I do. I don't really do anything else but stay on the internet. I also don't really go out and socialize with anyone and all of my interactions occur on the internet. The internet has consumed most of my time, and the worst part is that I'd like to get away from it and do something else but I feel irresistibly drawn to it.

I think you're making the connection between talking about the chemical qualities of the brain and internet addiction, but I was actually making two separate statements. The reason that it bothers me that the brain operates solely on chemical reactions, is that it seems to cheapen everything that I do in life. For instance, why would I try to pursue anything or do anything when ultimately it's just going to be the pursuit of the release of dopamine or other chemicals like it, inside of my head to just give me a high no different from any other high seeking drug addict on the planet? It's sort of demeaning to think that everything we do is just chasing a high, and I have yet to find a frame of mind which is less bleak, because it just feels like I know too much about the nature of existence now.

Idk it sort of sounds like your alluding to god when you say that that's not all there is, because ethics couldn't exist if there wasn't something beyond us. I don't see how that really is a case for ethics even, I mean, god is basically just a case for dogmatic authoritarianism, which of course doesn't work if you don't believe in god. So, I don't know maybe I'm not interpreting what you're saying right.

I am definitely the last one who would argue for a duality of mind and body. I know that the mind is just a part of the body, the mind is part of the brain which is just as much an organ as the body is. You can try to argue that it's not but you start to realize that any spiritual argument can never be substantiated by science, and the fact that they can be made and never substantiated and have no evidence for them in the first place, is all the reason to dismiss them you'll ever need.

In that last part it kind of sounds like you're asking me why I don't just go out and get a job, since I have an ethical basis to fix my life, and seem to have an ethical obligation to be fair to my parents. I mean, yeah I get that there's options out there to try to do that, but I also laid out in depth how I struggle with existential anxiety with minimum wage jobs, and how education has always been difficult for me. So idk where you're really getting at with this.

Forgive me if I tried to infer what you said and I didn't interpret you correctly.

Anyways, I am going to try to get some sleep. If this thread is here tomorrow, hopefully it will have some happy replies to it that I can look forward to reading. Good night Veeky Forums.

seems like some butthurt babby manifesto

You need to do something, start a small business, anything that shows independence and self-improvement.

Fuck that.

Well, that filled me with a familiar combination of boredom and rage. Stop thinking about yourself, for Christ's sake, and stop comparing anything to Nazis, no matter how well you think you've rationalized it. I am now more jaded than before reading it, incidentally.

good post my man

>I lament the impermanence of friendship
Aaand dropped.

Why do you couch Hemmingway faggots always attempt to communicate your thoughts like victorian aristocrats? Are you embarrassed to be a child the 21 century or something? Nobody uses the word 'lament' anymore, get over yourself.
I blame the acamedia, thanks to that cancerous establishment all fun was sucked out of literature. Now we have only classics, postmodern gibberish, and the YA brain ooze

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

It's not all like that. That's just the sentence that came to my head when I was laying in bed which kept buzzing around, which made me want to go write down some thoughts.

>21 paragraphs
>12 of them have "I" in the very first sentence
Nah, I'm not reading that bullshit.

I replaced lament with resent. Now the writing is awesome. saddude69.tumblr.com/post/152622702787/the-stupid-computer-takes-so-long-to-turn-on-as#notes

Sounds immature to me. Very DFW. It's not 'bad', it's just your diary. Read very stuffy to me, I like how DFW did DFW better than you did DFW if you read DFW and if you didn't read DFW you wrote DFW's work so maybe his ghost is possessing you.
Like most chan-types you have the over-logical perspective, which in my experience is quite useless in actual life. Yes, you had a feeling, now explain why that feeling matters and what that feeling is causing you to do. I could barely get through it because you used so much bad 'informing'(emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/showing-and-telling-the-basics.html) that it reeks of masturbatory writing to me.

I would dumb it down and try to make it like 3rd grade level with the HemingwayWriter site, then reread it yourself and think about what impression it gives. Big words are kind of a gamble to me, if you don't properly build up to them with the text it's mendacious to expect people to quickly understand your point. You're just fucking up the flow of the sentences, people read the piece much faster than you're writing it so it's something to keep in mind.
As for why it would anger posters here I think it's because we've probably all written something like that at one point. It's just your life and feelings on a page, it's not relevant or interesting to the reader.

This is one of the most annoying things I have ever read. I seriously can't even believe it. People like you are real. Here's my impression of you:
You are a conceited asshole who has rationalized his crippling laziness as anxiety and an "internet addiction". It almost seems like trolling, fucking bait, when you go off on a tirade about art and not believing in IQ. Are you fucking kidding me? You mention all these times how you feel stupid as if you want the reader to feel sorry for you. After that you mention you don't believe in IQ, along with all these mentions about not being able to go to college and getting D's in highschool. You seem completely disingenuous not only with the reader but yourself as well. You fit so many fucking tumblrite memes your entire existence looks like a joke and I have a hard time taking it seriously

I didn't say that I think IQ is completely a myth, I said I think it's a measurement of bourgeois utility.

Yeah and of course you're a fucking new age communist kid. The only book getting read here is you, kys

I think he's just average. I read the other posts on the tumblr out of curiosity, it really is just an average tumblr. I'm amazed, I so rarely see average people post here.
You do realize that to us that sounds even worse right? If you actually cared about IQ you would read about some psychology and not just randomly link it to politics. It's annoying when someone has a personal feeling about a topic they know little about then uses that feeling to show how little they know about another topic.

If it wasn't for the CCS shoe gif I wouldn't have responded.

No, I don't believe that there shouldn't be private ownership of things. I fit the bourgeoise into a sort of broader, more general meaning. Like, the hierarchical systems of society which seem to be ingrained in all of us so deeply. I'm just making analogies wherever I see them, basically. And I have not read DFW, but I am happy to see my writing being compared to Wallace and Dostoyevsky, although I anticipate you're probably thinking "NOOOOO YOU'RE NOT ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THEM!!! YOU'RE A HACK!!! YOU'RE NOTTT!!!!" That's okay, I enjoy posting my writing for other people to read, because I find the reaction interesting regardless of if it's positive or negative; it's all equally observable.

And maybe I'm just dumb, but I think that writing out your thoughts should be something which makes a blog so beautiful. I was watching this great school life video about loneliness, just after I got finished writing that post that you took the time to read. It was saying that because we are lonely, that means we are more complex than other people can understand which is why feeling lonely and misunderstood is a sign of intelligence; and that great outlets for this are song, blogging, poetry, writing, painting, or whatever other form of expression; it's all just the history of people who felt a bit too lonely. I recommend watching this video, it made me feel pretty good youtube.com/watch?v=AtCR6P5rsXU

I've written a couple posts about feminism and how I feel about anti sjws. This is my most recent saddude69.tumblr.com/post/152291616807/yeah-i-have-been-thinking-more-about-the-feminism#notes

"This is too long to be trolling
And too detailed to be fake

I don't even fucking know how to respond, and i'm as aspie myself, so you gotta be pretty high on the autism spectrum

Godspeed, you autistic fuck"
taken from your youtube channel comment section

I had one of those small weird involuntary twitches I get every once and a while when I read something kinda fucked up. Way to go.

/thread