My soon too be father in law keeps rabbits, so I get a freshly gutted bastard every now and then...

My soon too be father in law keeps rabbits, so I get a freshly gutted bastard every now and then. So far I roasted them with thyme and veggies, braised with sour cream and mushrooms, did the Fergus Henderson version with 24 shalots and 80 garlic cloves, made variuos stews with tomatoes, wine and worchestershire sauce. I'd like to know your favourite recipes and methods to cook rabbit so I could add them to my personal cookbook.

Flambé. I'm not kidding. If you order bunny flambé at a restaurant, it will be a high-end item. But the process of making it yourself is laughably simple once you have a rabbit.

Basically, you just prepare it as you wish (braised with herbs and vegetables is pretty good), then you give it a good coating of brandy, and hit it with a lighter.

The burning action creates a thin but delicious layer of brandy caramel on top of the rabbit.

You have now created haute cuisine for the price of a shot or so of cheap brandy.

If you have guests, you will have impressed them.

Interesting idea, thanks, I think I'll try it for a sunday dinner with gf.

The main "trick" is to make sure it burns off. If it only partially burns, then it will have a bit of a bitter taste. Once the initial "flash-over" abates, give it a quick search for unburned booze. This is easier with one of those extended lighters with the long "nose".

Ok, I have one of those.

I cannot bring myself to eat a rodent

Too bad, they are really good.

They aren't rodents.

I love rabbit. My two favorite methods of cooking them:

1) Gordon Ramsay's rabbit fricassee (recipe on youtube)

2) In a meat pie; there's a great recipe by Fergus Henderson that you can see on "The Mind of a Chef" with April Bloomfield. I think it's season 2, Ep 13.

You also can't go wrong cooking "rabbit and dumplings" in the same manner as "chicken and dumplings".

>lagomorph

I braised mine and served it with potatoes and asparagus

Do you ever play with them?

I receive them skinned, gutted and decapitated, so yeah, sure, all the time.

my bun bun

I'd like to give that little faggot a smooch

I only know that word because e621.

>did the Fergus Henderson version with 24 shalots and 80 garlic cloves
All that for one rabbit? Fuck, the smell must be insane.

At first it would be. but with long slow cooking it will really mellow out.

Back when my family was making a healthy batched every other month, wings were the shit.

Especially Thai chili.

Rabbits dont have wings

the legs man.

Here is my dog

Not really, you take whole unpeeled garlic cloves and you sweat them with shalots, then add browned rabbit and wine and braise them, there is no intense galic smell.

You silly. That's a cat.

Try to cook it in a mustard sauce,my grandma used to do it all the time and it was delicious !

Does your dog bite?

CUTE BUNNYS!!!!! PLEASE DON'T EAT THEM THEY ARE TOO PRECIOUS

Fuck off. Cows and Chickens are cute too, but I don't see you complaining.

try it en papillotte, with a good measure of white wine and herbs of your choice
thank me later.

Cook sous vide with a light red, tarragon, thyme, and wholegrain mustard. Reduce the juice and finish in a pan.
Cook in rabbit stock, pick, and use in dumplings
Marinate with spices and make a curry?

You have a point

>cows
>cute
Pick one.

Into the burger they go, user.