"I have finally become the Übermensch"

>"I have finally become the Übermensch"

Jesus Christ, really?

Not with that hairline, Fred

>"Gods not real, but if he was, I'd beat him up."

Damn

>Nah, come on, man. Some straight like you, giant stick up his ass all a sudden at age, what, 60, he's just gonna A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man?

Threw the book down

>I am an ardent supporter of the Nazi party and my sister didn't write this.

Huh well I guess that's that

>"dude ubermentch lol" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
ffs freddy

>"In the end, it was the corncob that did it."
god damnit

>"With our father dead we are now just the Brothers Karamazov"
Fuck you dusty

rofl might as well call him Beety Effo

>As I stood at the great dubliner Finnegan's wake, I understood that his journey was akin to that of Ulysses
For fucks sake

>"I am Anna Karenina and here there is both war and peace"
Tolstoy was a complete hack

>Beware, son! Over there - demons!

This kind of thing makes me sick.

>Well Yossarian, it seems you've been stuck with a Catch-22...

Fuck you, Heller

>What I did was not a Crime, and Punishment will not find me
Burnt the book there and then

Guys, Can you explain to me how does this meme work? Do you just take a random quote and replace a word in it with the title?? Is there a name for this meme?

its called "epic reddit upboat XDDDD"

>"It was only in the end that Jesus understood the Bible was in his heart all along, he just had to believe in himself"

Drove to my local church and punched the priest's big fat nose

>"Only one enemy remained; two if you counted God"
classic reddit

>"And the communication I have got to make is, that he has Great Expectations."

Fucking piece of shit Dickens

"I already am eating from the trash can all the time. The name of this trash can is ideology."

Mein gott, really?

>I see you have corn, Mac, but do you want a tortilla?
>Ye.

>As his eyesight failed, K. saw the two gentlemen cheek by cheek, close in front of his face, watching the result. “Like a The Metamorphosis!” he said, it was as if The Trial of it should outlive him.

Couldn't resist, could you Franz?

holy... I want more...

>And now, truly, I am Beyond Good and Evil!

Underrated

>in that moment, I was truly in search of lost time
Seriously, Proust?

>"...and at that point I knew, I had finally found the Altitudinal Distribution Patterns of Alpine Plants, Vol. 2."

Fucking DROPPED

lol

>We are told by the venerable Cicero, by no means a writer of histories though in this case a faithful rapporteur of amicable intimations, that Cato, when beholding the chaos unleashed in Latian climes by Caesar's untimely trespass, remarked, "you know, one day all this is going to be history. The history of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire."

>Thanks a lot for sticking around,
>You've read the Cantos of Ezra Pound!

Holy shit.

top kek

>"I had only one enemy; none if you counted God."

Fucking hell

Underr8d

>Hector, breaker of horses--a misnomer
>More like breaker of young lads with his boner
>Bet you've had enough of the Iliad of Homer.

Zeus the Saviour, how could your allow this abomination?

>Snowballs flew their arcs, hitting the sides of the Buildings inhabited by the cousins, and some Sledding was done and strong Winds blew the Hats of Philadelphian Citizens into the River Delaware, when Dixon sat in his well-Masoned Quarters, pondering densely about a Name for a new Recipe of a special Bev'rage his Success he anticipated, exclaiming "Heureka!" and, almost sliding off his Chair out of Excitement, shouting "It shalt be called cherried Coke! Cherry-Coke. That shalt do! Hurrah."

Yikes.

Thomas Pynchon….*frowns*...more like Thomas Cringeon

>And but so, it was all an Infinite Jest

DFW was a hack.

these have always been my favourite Veeky Forums threads

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."

Seriously, Salinger?

If I wrote like this... I'd fail college