Quick Guys i tired making chicken for the first time what the fuck is this white stuff...

Quick Guys i tired making chicken for the first time what the fuck is this white stuff? I simply poured a little water over them to make them less dry, put salt and black pepper on them and put them in the oven for 25 minutes, and now they look like this

ahahaahahahha what the fuck i'm not even a good cook myself but what the fuck did you do

That's enough concentrated bird flu to wipe out 1/3 of the worlds poultry.

Have you ever considered becoming a super villain?

>what the fuck is this white stuff?

Albumen. It comes out of the chicken meat when you overcook it.

Also, I'm betting you probably had cheap-ass saline injected chicken which only makes that problem worse.

>>poured a little water over them to make them less dry
That doesn't work. Adding liquid doesn't stop chicken from "going dry". "going dry" happens when you overcook it.

Can i still eat the chicken?

Yes, it just wont taste that great. Just learn from it, and improve going forward.

>making chicken for the first time
God that's nasty... Let me guess, you didn't disinfect your poultry surfaces? Fucking retard.

Alright thanks

I poured hot water on everything the chicken touched, does that count?

No, seriously
I've cooked a lot of chicken
What the fuck is happening in the OP image

Of course. It's perfectly safe. Just don't overcook it next time.

The post you're replying to explains exactly what happened. The albumen spread out over the pan because of the water that OP added. It's an emulsion of fat, chicken juices, and the water OP added.

thumbnail looks like a litterbox

You could try creating some kind of oily marinade. Maybe something like teriyaki and really quickly put it in a pan with that - might improve the dry taste.

I thought it was those cat poop cookies desu.

haha wtf people make weird shit

lol

Thanks guys, the chicken was dry but edible
How do I prevent this from happening next time?

Try brining the chicken, maybe 1/2 cup kosher salt to a quart of water (sorry US measurements) for about 20 minutes. Works with pork, too. Buy or steal a decent instant-read thermometer, when the thickest part of the chicken hits about 155, take it off or out of the heat and let it rest for five minutes or so.

Also consider pressing a sheet of kitchen parchment (or foil) down on top of the chicken which will help keep it moist

Don't add water. Stop overcooking it. Simple as that.

I think it would be easier to pan-fry it. It's faster, and you can constantly check the doneness of the chicken as you cook it.

Using the oven is actually challenging to get good results since it's impractical to keep opening-and-closing it to check temps, and with chicken breast there is a very fine line between being properly cooked and overcooked-and-dry.

Like suggested, brining can help since it provides a cushion against overcooking. And using a thermometer is a good way to make sure you're not overcooking until you get enough experience to do it by feel.

cool, thanks

Why did you cut it up like that? I've never heard of anyone just... pouring water on chicken and putting it in the oven. You should drink that aids water your autism produced. Your parents should be ashamed

White ppl lol

It's literally broken down chicken protein/fat. If you want your meats to not dry out but still be cooked all the way through cook them at a lower temperature for a longer time.