Which philosophers can help me find inherent value in life without being religious?

Which philosophers can help me find inherent value in life without being religious?

Follow the chart, bruh! Shit is so cash.

I guess ill give Nietzsche a try, I was planning on it anyway because I've read a lot into Schopenhauer. Never heard of Julius Evola though and from looking him up he seems like someone i could be interested in.

Suicide seems like the best route.

Religion doesn't bring value to life, fucking retard. I'm Orthodox, but only a moron would think it would. You're at step -1 so far.

I never said you by being religious you have automatically found meaning, its just a means of finding meaning. I consider it a pathway. I can say in positivity however that it's a hell of a lot easier to find meaning when religious rather then not.

>Suzuki recommended for Zen literature
REEEEEEEEEEEEE get this orientalist out of here, he watered down Zen to shit to appeal to Western academics. Read the diamond sutra, and then Hui Neng's Platform Sutra. I recommend the Shambhala publication of the former and Red Pine's translation of the latter.

if you're so fucking self-absorbed, so dense, so painfully stupefied by the "enlightened" societal opinion that is so common among our contemporaries -- none.

what about family? you find value in that. learning, even. you find value in that.

well shit; i didn't even have to have the misfortune of knowing you in order to understand what you, the average fuckwit, finds value in.

How can you not think there is any in, let alone inherent value in life?

I find value in learning, its why I'm trying to get Veeky Forums. I never really had much of a family though, and I'm very ugly so I probably couldn't get one. Also I'm against having children on a moral stand point. You don't sound very secure with yourself though, seeing as how you feel the need to try and put me down. Maybe you should do some self searching too, maybe we can do it together. I really want a friend ;_;

nietzsche

>stupid FUCKIN' retard! moron! ugh! by the way I'm Orthodox
bridle your tongue matey

>You don't sound very secure with yourself though

To put it mildly. That last sentence could've given most 15 year olds a run for their money at the angst game.

>absurdism
>fuck everything! do what you want! go kill an arab!
what dip wrote this nonsense

>can help me find inherent value in life

Start paying attention.

I liked Sekida, who put a very positivist emphasis on his introduction to Zen practice. Not really a fan of the mysticism, semantic obscurantism and traditionalist-clinging-to-strictly-obsolete-beliefs ubiquitous in the broader field, though.

If you want a serious (real) introduction to Marx, you should pick up something more substantial than the Manifesto. It's almost purely polemical and affixes an opaque lens of mysticism over the actual mechanics of class exploitation/rule/struggle to attain mass appeal (re: 19th century meme magic.)
Perhaps the most important thing is realizing the core of the theory is a materialist stance on the course of history - i.e. one ultimately reducible to concrete objects and the interactions between them - and appreciating just how radically Marcuse et al diverged from Marx.
i swear to god, if I hear "Cultural Marxism" one more time I will start literally emasculating people with bolt cutters.

Note: works of the Frankfurt school are essentially worthless unless you're an academic, I wouldn't bother. It's nothing a "theory of social liberation" built on top of unironic scriptural literalism isn't, and those have been around for thousands of years already.

it really is trash and i cringe every time i see it reposted

Eh, I'll add it because why not

I think you would like the Diamond Sutra. It's fundamental to Zen, in my opinion, and sets up the whole form-non form false dichotomy that I find pretty intriguing. It's been a while since I revisited the Platform Sutra, but I believe it's similar. The Heart Sutra too is helpful, and that's barely over sixteen sentences.
I don't think you'd like the monastic-centered traditions, so stay clear of most Japanese Zen stuff. Dogen talks a lot about the institution itself and one's orientation in it, and it can get tiresome for people who don't like Zen's more disciplinary aspects.
Look up Dragon's Gate Taoism, which was Zen's precursor. That's very cool as well.

Read richard rorty and let him redpill you so you can start thinking about real problems

I'll add those to my list. Which translations do you recommend?

It changed my life, I went from NEET to national hero in one year thanks to that chart. You don't know what you're talking about.

>>what about family?
most family are dreadful dysfunctional and becomes more a drag than anything else

I pointed that out to someone who posted it on another board. His, adv, lit, I can't recall. He was the creator of that chart I think?

Anyway, he kept sending me links when I quoted directly from Camus. He literally googled "Camus absurdism" and started linking stuff from the first page.

Then he called me an autist and told me my ego affects my interpretation of Camus' absurdism.

Neechuh.