Why should the population fund your non-profitable autism?

Why should the population fund your non-profitable autism?

>>>/kill yourself/

t. Fabiola Gianotti

I have a simple answer: they shouldn't.

But they doooooooooo. And I benefit from that, so fuck you.

the same politics that gives you a job will also destroy our countries

Long after I'm dead so like I give a shit. I care about 3 things:

Good food.
Good pussy.
Good theorems.

>my autistic closed set and hedonism is more important than people being raped and rundown by trucks

you people truly deserve everything

>hedonism
>Implying that mathematics gives me pleasure

If anything mathematics is the reason I'm so depressed. At least I can wipe my tears with government money.

>more important than people being raped and rundown by trucks

If you want to defund research then first defund a bunch of other crap that is even more useless than us.

Because quite often this non-profitable autism turns out to be quite profitable after all. Several of those occasions made it possible for you to put this absolutely retarded post of yours online.

Public science funding is just another symptom of something bigger, don't think it should be just altright defunded.

I just find it really depressing that the scientifical community sees no imorality on taking money by force -- how can society develop if scientifical progress has to be done at the detriment of individual liberties?

Even if it's true, the means don't justify the ends.

>just altright defunded
Freudian slip?

No

It shouldn't be defunded if the governance style that generated it isn't to be taken down also

>taking money by force
Do you think it is immoral to fund highways/general infrastructure as well?

>>ALTRIGHT defunded
But then I'm guessing you're not one for subtlety anyway

yes

but contrary to the LHC, I'm sure the population would willingly crowdfund general infrastructure

sorry, I don't even think that word even exists, but I keep using it anyways (english isn't my mother tongue)

the word I'm looking for is more like "completely" or " immediately"

Ah, well don't worry about it but the word you're looking for is 'outright'

'Alt-right' means... something else

What's the point of having money if you don't spend it?

You ivory tower intellectuals must not lose touch with the world of industrial growth and hard currency. It is all very well and good to pursue these high-minded scientific theories, but research grants are expensive. You must justify your existence by providing not only knowledge but concrete and profitable applications as well.

I don't have to justify shit to you, shitlord.

I know you're trying to troll, but this is something that retarded normies say all the time so I'm going to respond:
Industry profits from basic research.

>she doesn't get the reference

Cof cof web era.

Mathematicians pull their weight. We generate a lot of profit for universities just by teaching calculus and basic normie engineer math. And our research is generally very cheap.

GIGAREKT

and true.

What is the point of profit anyway? So you can have excessive things? Things that won't make you happy?

CERN gets lots of money because they invented the internet

lol, only 13.25 billion for the LHC? I would have suspected it was much more.

in general, what annoys me is that the public is denied the fruits of the labor it funds. No researcher at a publicly funded university should be allowed to publish their findings under anything but CC-BY-SA.

Uh, it was America who invented the internet.

If uncovering the core functions of the universe is less important to you than half the cost of your average fighter-jet program, then maybe you have a point.

...Otherwise...

(Take into account this was a 30 year project, so, even less than what even maintaining shit fighters costs, let alone developing new ones - hell, just maintaining their missile systems cost more than that on some of them. ...and the construction of the LHC probably generated more jobs to boot.)

This fucking board sometimes...

>public is denied the fruits of the labor it funds
Six million times this. Why are papers behind a fucking paywall?
>Read it now, pay single access for only 14.88 USD
Fucking ((((publishers)))))

Wtf is Jordan b peterson dong behind a bush