How many pages did you read today, Veeky Forums?

How many pages did you read today, Veeky Forums?

I read and corrected a 75 page bibliography
I don't think that counts

a little over a hundred, which is unusually high but I'm trying to make a habit of it

Waiting for set to be built so 45 pages of The Waves while listening to Ys. Feels great :)

Haven't read for almost a week. Got my last uni assignment due tomorrow then its exam break.

What doorstopper should I read over the summer lads (i'll be reading more than one) - should I go with War and Peace?

finished the sorrows of young werther yesterday in about a day

about to finish the stranger today

yea definitely read war and peace
you'll love it. Maybe I'm a pleb, but I found the first 100 pages to be a challenge just because of all of the characters and names. Having a little character list or family tree would probably help. But after that, I would say it was one of the best reading experiences I've ever had. I can't think of another book where I felt completely absorbed in the world and that the characters were 100% real people. Finishing that book was like saying goodbye to a friend.

The Stranger is great, have you tried reading it in French?

Goddamn, now I'm thinking about the whole wolf-hunting part and natasha dancing at the hunting lodge. Comfy as fuck

Just finished it. Nah, I read it in English.

40, I read 40 most days before going to bed. I began early today and went back on the internet.

20% of Blood Meridian. Finished it as well (and loved it).

550 pages of non-fiction and 70 pages of fiction.

Nice.

I'll order it when I get paid next week. Maude or P&V?

Women and Men if you wish to be patrician

14 so far, hope to get to 100 by the time I go to bed.

About 150. Really want to finish Life and Fate asap so I want to keep up the pace.

Not even 50 desu
Going through Seneca's letters but I've just been wasting my spare time these last couple of days

I've been ill with bronchitis for a good while so I've not had any motivation to read.

>unusually high
Leave desu senpai.

>over the summer
>it's currently November

How long does it take you to read 100 pages?

45, plan on reading at least 40 more.
I've slogged through the Iliad and took more time than necessary, so I'm compensating by reading some novellas. Finished Notes from Underground today, and will start The Stranger now.

>what is the southern hemisphere

just curious if you guys think note taking while reading is worth it. i read a lot slower when note taking (takes about twice the time to read the same number of pages). i usually do this with philosophical works so it involves summarizing/rephrasing arguments or adding some insight i have of it. obviously the summarizing part takes the most time. with fictional or historical works, i just plow through it. so, what do you guys think?i

Get well soon!

I've been reading ~20 pages at four or five in the morning when I cant sleep. In the daytime I just read textbooks and play video games.

This shit has to stop, it's depressing.

About 20 pages of anime subtitles.

Ya take notes, or reflect on your reading in some way. I hate it when I want to talk to someone about a book but they can't offer anything more significant than "I liked this part", taking notes and fleshing out your reactions cuts downs on this sort of thing. Your level of engagement with the text is more important than what you are reading.

Maude

Read Dostoyevski's A gentle creature and Camus' The stranger today.

No idea about A gentle creature, but my edition of The stranger is 162 pages long including the introduction by #insert local critic here#. Had to go full pleb and read Dostoyevski on my phone. Finished it in about an hour, so it must be around 60-80 at most.

>Listening to Ys while reading
It's literally non-stop singing, the worst music to be listening to while reading my man. Best album tho.

If you don't want to slow down the reading but still want to keep notes, write an essay-ish summary to your ideas when you're finished finished the book. Maybe mark the pages with the ideas you want to expand upon.

I hate how tired it makes me feel

I don't count my pages. 8 chapters of a current book I'm reading and a couple of Orwell's essays as well.

Idk, maybe 5?

60-80 pages in an hour, must be lovely, I manage 50 at most depending on the letters, book size etc.

It also depends on the book's style and content for me. A gentle creature is an easy read, and the digressing (is that the English word?) monologue basically asks for a quick reading. I took my time with The stranger, finished in 2 and a half hour plus a bit, so around 50-60 pages an hour, pretty much the same as you.

I read Garnett, which everyone seems to think is dry, but I didn't mind it

couple hours, depending on the author.

About 21... I'm writing another book. Read the 10 or so pages I had done, and then wrote more. Including the pages I wrote, I've read roughly 21 pages. I plan to do more tonight; hopefully I'll have it finished within the next 6 days. My first novel was written in about 5 days, not including the editing of course. I don't seem to have as much focus now as I did for that first one... I must have averaged about 15,000 words per day or something. Only did about... maybe 5000 words today? Bah, at least the night is still young.

Scratch that, it would seem more like 3500 words; not 5000... God damn it, why have I been so lazy and seemingly uninspired lately? I guess I'm in something of a case of writers block... I want to get the story/character development at least SOMEWHAT set up before the smut comes...

oh i like this one. ill try it this week

ninety

70 of Calvino while waiting on a meeting.

Which Calvino?

About 30, plus an assortment of articles. Typically I'd be in the 40-50 page range but I've had to interact with my coworker a lot today. I do most of my reading at work.

I just woke up you fucking fag, get off my back.

None, I did write the first 3 pages of my first book though, so thats gotta count for something

Zero
How do I get myself to read when I've got all these easy entertainment options around me

Not really, that is the easiest part

It seems pretty difficult so far, maybe I just suck

A staggering total of zero. Gotta socialize once in a while.

543, exact. Why?

I don't understand this. Do you have nothing to do all day, are you lying, or are you just a fast reader?

I have things to do but I don't do them because life is hell.

I think we can all relate to this. I hope things will get better for you, friend.

The Nonexistant Knight

50ish, finished The Bell Jar.
Loved it.

Fuck you, pal, your mom is worried about you; staying out all night actin' a fool.

one, i wrote it

54 exactly. Started Don Quixote.

here.
Done.

Night, fgts.

>pages
I read a book a day.

35-40 a day

These don't count

Nice trips

started the possessed by dosto desu

0 unless you count webpages. I like to read shitposts.

>literally lying on the internet

What's your problem, dude?

The only person that I think read a book every day (or at least most days) is pic related. He also didn't think Mexico was a threat to the US so I would have LOVED to hear his opinion on Trump.

I don't know what a "page" is, but I've read approximately 2000 locs today.