Nietzsche is a joke

This man was precursor to post modernist philosophy and believed truth was entirely subjective and objective reality didn't exist. Yet he posits that things such as the superman and will to power are real things.

How can you take this buffoon seriously? His philosophy is pure contradiction. He says the path to overman is found your own way, yet he also says we create invent truth, by his own logic I can justify my seditary life style and claim Im overman already.

Why do we have this thread every day

I rarely come here and have never seen this thread before.

Sorry

You should try actually reading a philosopher before talking about him based on pop culture quotes you passed by

The only thing edgier than Nietzche are people who just discovered Nietzche, and the only people edgier than both are people who decry Nietzche on Veeky Forums.

Also, this thread is a staple of Veeky Forums

Let me guess, youre think something along the lines of "he rejects metaphysical truths or transcendent truths but believes there is a correspondent truth"? Fuck off with that fallacy

>everyone who discovers Nietzsche is edgy
Nice untrue assertion. Nothing about reading a philosopher makes you inherently edgy, and the logic that "critisizing edginess = edginess" doesnt follow

If you want to project and dismiss your own propositions I suggest you go argue with yourself offline

Then please tell me, how did Nietzsche see truth if he wasn't didn't believe in correspondence or relativism? Because between TSZ and BGaE he asserts both

>if he wasn't didn't
Fuck Im drunk and tired. Ignore that

People react with hostility since we've had a ton of Nietzsche threads lately and most Nietzche threads are shitposting anyway. Calling him a buffoon from the first post probably didn't help either.

To answer your question, the way I see it, mostly following Deleuze's interpretation (an unconventional one, but accurate in this case imo), Nietzsche believed in the objectivity of subjectivity so to speak, also known as perspectivism. Basically, despite presenting it in a rather extreme fashion, it's more a matter of there being countless perspectives all within the same human body and many more within all of humanity as a sum. It's not that there are no objects "out there", but that they are always caught in the very real and physical movement of our various interpretations. It is in this sense that there are no facts, only interpretations. You could make an entire discourse out of truths and it could still be bullshit just because of how it is selected. Basically Hume's fork restated as a theory of typologies. And will to power is what characterizes interpretations and evaluations and makes them impose themselves, overman being one interpretation among many. The point of it is basically this: freedom is towards something so it's not that you make your own values, but you must decide between them yourself, as having yourself as the only judge so that you have no right to complain about them afterwards.

>post modernist philosophy and believed truth was entirely subjective and objective reality didn't exist.
that's not post-modernism, it's one of the oldest philosophical thoughts, see Protagoras.

Shh don't confuse the poor lad, how is he going to know which thinkers based Trump would support if you complicate everything
Everyone knows the Greeks were all red pilled unlike post modern cucks

Your life is overman.

I like how OP tried to argue with everyone while everyone was just making fun of him

You have a pretty good understanding of his theory of truth. Props to you my man.
Very rare to see.

To clarify, I said people who _just discovered_ i.e. 16 year olds who are having their minds blown by the idea there is a world larger than indoctrination and parental subjugation.
These are, almost without question, the edgiest group on Earth.

Most grow out of it, but the truly edgy ones, edgelords if you will, go on to become OP.

He was a sophist; Plato refuted him already, that's why he tried to get people not to read Plato by calling Plato boring, so that they wouldn't discover that his ideas had already been refuted 2500 years ago by accident.

Why do you morons always get most of this wrong?

Please contain all Nietzsche shitposting to one thread. This is not a productive way to start or hold a conversation.

You are an idiot, Nietzsche was probably the #1 "start with the greeks" memer in history. He took it for granted that anyone who read him would be familiar with Plato and Aristotle.

The other thread with a Nietzsche image OP is a actually a zany jab at a range of author's works, though.

He says objective reality exists but is only knowable through perception, and so one is essentially bending 'objectivity' with their Will to Power.

He goes further and says the Overman is one that actively bends 'objectivity' to their will and creates a life worth living countless times with no hesitation, because the Overman is virtuous in the original sense because the purpose they impose is always fulfilled onto life.

>believed truth was entirely subjective and objective reality didn't exist.
NO FUCK OFF THIS IS LITERALLY THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE BELIEVED

I HATE THIS FUCKING BOARD SO MUCH

What

Nietzsche is shit:

>objectively wrong
>subjectively wrong
>asystematic with no redeeming features
>disgusting purple prose
>dead
>irrelevant
>demonstrably hypocritical
>weighed like 50 kilos and could've been easily choke slammed