Has anyone here submitted a manuscript to the 2017 Australian / Vogel literary award...

Has anyone here submitted a manuscript to the 2017 Australian / Vogel literary award? Have you received word back yet or are you still waiting?

Other urls found in this thread:

commonwealthwriters.org/opportunities/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shortlisted here. Just got the letter today.

I got shortlisted.

What's your story about m9?

It's sellout YA trash. Three friends manslaughter a motherfucker and go on a whirlwind adventure of self discovery lol.
Yours?

Mine's about a NEET who gets stuck in a hot air balloon.

Hahaha can't wait until OP tells us about his pretentious romp that didn't make the cut.

Thanks.
You got a physical letter?

email.

And you got it today?

Yes. Funny you posted this thread, actually. Just texted a friend, he got a consolation letter today, so you should have something...
What's your story about??

I did not - I didn't even know it was a thing.

While we're on the subject, is there any other writing competitions in Australia worth trying? I

Late in June I got an email from them telling me they misplaced my payment and whether I could please send a receipt, which I did, and I got an automated reply in turn which has made me neurotic ever since that they never got the receipt of my payment and sent my mms to the slush. I've sent them an email since (to two different addresses) asking for an update with no word, so all that's left is to be patient. The responses in this thread have reassured me 100% though, thanks for replying.

Try this
commonwealthwriters.org/opportunities/

*ms

Do Aussies even do literature?

Or does this thing exist precisely because they do not?

Laterally whom?

>laterally

>whom

Has anything of note been written in Australia since Voss?

I've seen some astounding literary shitposts coming from down under.

Ozzies are kings of shitposting, ask moot

Ah, the great British author Patrick White.

So are any Australians as good as him?

There really aren't any good Australian writers.
Australians sometimes claim Nevil Shute but he too was British and only moved to Australia after he got successful and the crown wanted more taxes.
People usually love Richard Flanagan but I can't stand his simplistic gimmicky shit.

From all the current Australian writers, I guess Markus Zusak is the most successful - he wrote the Book Thief, and for that alone the entire continent of Australia should be shunned.

Oh wait, I forgot Greg Egan. He's very famous in his particular niche (hard science fiction), possibly the most famous alive hard SF writer. He's from Perth.

Laterally whom?