I need books about nothing, about nothingness, about the idea of zero

I need books about nothing, about nothingness, about the idea of zero.

Try Infinite Jest, most of it is precisely what you are asking for.

zero is not nothing, it's the potential of becoming something, nothing is inexpressible.

BEE- less than zero

Zero is off, one is on.

Curly Neal Shit in my Pussy, by Jim Norton

ulysses

zero implies a one, nothing is nothing, it's not the same.

Looks like meaningless trash.

It's a book about love for words, sentences, people, life and Dublin.

It remains nothing if no one is switching it on.

zero and one are spooks

no as long as it exists as a potentially it is not nothing, it is the potential for something, it implies the possibility of being something, while nothing is nothing.

Doesn't exist

How is it a problem for nothingness remaining nothingness for it to be a potentiality for being something?

We're off to a good start!

because nothing is completely devoid of anything, zero is meaningless if the 1 has no possibility to exist and therefore it is not a sign which can be defined as nothing, 0 is another name for unrealized potential but it's not nothing.
in a linear timeline a potential is something because it implies there is something which on a later time would be realized otherwise the potential never really existed.

Play it as it lays by Joan Didion

The Science of Logic

nothing to you is something that exists in a vacuum outside of the universe

In zen they say, emptiness is form.

That part before getting born is the true nothing

In the midst of everything we are in nothing, etcetera etcetera

Principia mathematica

Being and Nothingness
Being and Time

Read this OP, it's good.

>ctrl - f dao de ching
>no results
Disappointing

>that pose

Is that a JoJo reference?

Try "OP's Total Number of Sexual Partners"

>WE HAVE TO GO BACK
>BEFORE ZERO

I got you pham, check the attached picture.

I'm too dumb for Heiddeger and don't feel like reading Sartre

let me write it for you:
how you like it?

Heidegger isn't tough once you get the vocabulary. Here's the key to BT "the history of philosophy has wasted its time trying to abstract from daily life, true being. I'm here to illuminate everything that can be formally said everyday existence."

Arid conceptualism.

in other words: stop living in the books, hit the gym and go get laid?

As for what heidegger is saying? No absolutely not

my diary desu

Ill fukken kill you

no u wont

Blanchot is what you're looking for. Books so thoroughly empty they might as well have been licked clean by the tongue out of a null-asshole.

>Blanchot
No! It's not fucking fair that the french get to always be the darkest and most dead in style. I will never read another french book as long as a live.

Give me worthlessness and misery that isn't fucking french please.

no u wont

dont impersonate me, cunt
im the real 'my diary desu' poster

Why? You'll know exactly as much as you do now even if you read every book on the subject.

or understand it as much, rather

Have you heard of Bardo Thodol? It's a whole book about what happens after you die.

>“If nothing were substituted for everything, it would still be too much and too little.”
>― Maurice Blanchot, The Writing of the Disaster

“But my silence is real. If I hid it from you, you would find it again a little farther on.”
― Maurice Blanchot, The Madness of the Day

I like this guy

How the f has no one mentioned the Tao Te Ching? Y'all call yourself real mofos? Laozi was the OG on nothingness

“A story? No. No stories, never again.”

I'm in love.

“A word may give me its meaning, but first it suppresses it. For me to be able to say, 'This woman' I must somehow take her flesh and blood reality away from her, cause her to be absent, annihilate her. The word gives me the being, but it gives it to me deprived of being. The word is the absence of that being, its nothingness, what is left of it when it has lost being - the very fact that it does not exist.”

“We cannot do anything with an object that has no name.”

what a shit thread, anons should be ashamed

amazing thread fukk u