So my friend and math tutor just died. I don't know how to deal with this feel...

so my friend and math tutor just died. I don't know how to deal with this feel. any books you can recommend to make me happy or help me deal with what just happened. pic
related ugh.

>tutor
Underage b& scum
I hope you get rekt'd

post feet

kids these days
you don't need literature to deal with someone's passing, especially if they're literally who to you
just wait a couple of days and you'll be over it

Read the chapter of my diary where I talk about how mourning is generally self centered as any reasonable understanding of death makes death itself emotionally neutral at best. You're upset not about the end of a life, but the end of a relationship.

Sorry about YOUR loss.

>math
is that way

in b4
Crash (1973)

Hey, I know her brother, he used to sell me downers

I'm in university?

>Ryerson
Shit school for people too dumb for UofT

Jesus these responses are terrible. I'm genuinely also interested in literature recs related to coping with a close loss.

Easy solution, buy a calculator

lol forgot how edgy this website can be. just because we on /lit don't mean we aint still on 4chain

If you want a hugbox, fuck off to plebbit

they do that stuff there? maybe I'll check them out. thanks

You're just as useless as your dead slut TA

I loved her! and I never got the chance to tell her. fuck.

I don't know but you should figure that out for sure.

Unironically this book. It deals with loss of young life pretty well (if you like it also check out LFA).

Of course it's not Joyce but if you're looking for a comfy book to help you deal with your circumstances this might help.
>inb4 pleb tier

Veeky Forums was a mistake

A grief observed

tell it to her grave

I will. I should have told her Friday. before going home. now I'll never get the chance. fuck.

You're slamming the purest expression of New Sincerity bro.

Veeky Forums is a mistake, but not in the way you seem to think. Veeky Forums desperately seeks a way out of fruitless cynicism and metaironic distance, but slams the out as soon as they see it because they are too cowardly to realize that all they want to do is bond with a qt3.14 over John Green and spend their sunday afternoons gazing into her eyes.

underrated

Look into J.G. Ballard

you're a fucking stupid nigger who can't into journalism then

stop projecting nigger

Nobody has any respect for journalists and the """profession""" has been ethically as well as creatively bankrupt for decades. Journalists are glorified bloggers toeing a corporate line.

so I read the news about her.

single car crash
on highway
doing at least double the speed limit
3am
Halloween night
smashed across both sides of the highway

sounds like she was wasted going home from a party

if I was you OP I wouldn't be sad if that's how she killed herself

My first and only girlfriend and I bonded over John Green.

If you aren't bonding with your SOs over art then what the fuck are you doing?

This just confirms that OP should read Looking for Alaska

Divine comedy bye Dante Alighieri

autumn is when a leaf dies

>OP makes reasonable request
>"nyargh gb2 hugbox reddit"

High schoolers are scum. Just checked out her IG and she was a 10. That and being into science made her a gem. Sorry for your loss.

Tbh I get happy when normies die Like this.

>getting tutored in math by a girl
You must be real stupid

That doesn't reflect too well on your life and self-worth, lad.

haha real funny. I was doing my homework in extra help room because I like to ask questions. she was one of the assistants. she told me she could tutor me. I was in love so I said yes. like you wouldn't do the same. I kinda needed extra help.

So, did you have a crush on her?

Might have a chance now.

>I was in love
No. You were cucked by chemicals in your brain. The true self doesn't want you to copulate with a binge drinking whore. I wouldn't expect you to realize that since you're too dumb to do undergrad math without help.

I love how these kids try to be funny when someone dies.

so much edge. is this r9k? or pol ? I'm new here

Is this faggot for "I don't have an argument?"

It's worst when threads like this happen. Veeky Forumsizens think they're intelligent.

remember your on Veeky Forums, the scum of the earth website. v

You sound like an absolutely miserable person.

You posted this here to take some kind of morbid comfort in the irreverent, black responses to this, didn't you OP? You can't have predicted anything else.

this

lord of the endge, is this mr.Hyde?

It's not necessarily a poor reflection, just don't like hedonistic normies.

Socrates says it best when someone dies so I am glad your friend is dead OP

>this entire thread

To give you a non-edgelord answer, I'll say this:
Know that you will get over it. Humans are very good at adapting to the type of changes that affect us emotionally. Even if you win the lottery, or lose your limbs, you are very likely to go back to your natural emotional balance point.
The question is how to.
When we form bonds with others, we create emotional attachments, for prospective mating partners these emotional attachments translate into your day to day motivations. There is a reason why when people get married, or first start a relationship, they tend to be more productive and have higher levels of well-being. It goes back to the tribal mechanisms that makes two people of different genders stay together and have a better chance of surviving. From your situation it seems that your relationship to her wasn't romantic, so this attachment isn't as powerful.
What you have to do is to focus on the other things that bring you happiness and detachment from negative emotions. I don't mean things like drugs, or video games, or buying a new shirt. Temporary external and material things will not bring you the extended happiness that you seek. Rather find it in
1. Other relationships (specially with someone who is suffering from the loss as well).
2. Think of the good things, things that you have learned from her.
3. Focus on what brings you flow. (studying, reading, playing music, working out, etc).
4. Meditation (huge help, learn to do it right, it's easy and effective).
5. Focusing on your goals. Plan, schedule, and put into actions the things you want to do. Focus on the purpose of these goals.
6. Focus on bettering yourself. From working out, eating healthy, maintain a good hygiene, and looking sharp.
7. Don't take life too seriously. You live now, you'll die next at some point. You choose how you live it and react to things. Think of life as a game. It sucks and can't avoid it, so why not smile and make the best of it.

This are some of my recommendations. She seems like a legitimately cool person. Dealing with loss is not easy and there is no quick fix, but you can get out of it faster than you think and make the best out of it. What else should you do. Good luck.

Not even the same guy lmao.

Seriously, this board is too edgy for any form of genuine response to anything.

Its the complete opposite I'd say. It's completely genuine. Posting a pic of someone you've said has died and that you are mourning them is beckoning this kind of response. The first thing I felt when I saw this thread wasn't human sympathy, it was "I wonder how cruel the responses are and if they're funny?" I don't really know what that says, and if it applies to human response to tragedy in general or just Veeky Forums.
I don't mean to demean your loss by the way OP. I am sorry.

You should read those great STEM books that deal with mortality and infuse the reader with a sense of vitality and perhaps a little wisdom. You know, all the great works of math and science that contribute to our human quest for meaning in existence and bring you some peace in the face of grief.

Oh wait, that's right, there aren't any.